Smart Lock (4th generation) Firmware Beta 4.4.x

Smart Lock (4th generation) Updates

Smart Lock Beta 4.4.0

• Enhanced logging for Beta-user troubleshooting

Smart Lock Beta 4.4.1

• Critical bugfix for the Bluetooth connection, ensuring that the Smart Lock stays connectible in all circumstances

If you have problems with the WiFi connection of your Smart Lock, please follow the advice in the FAQ before you post here in the forum.

2 Likes

@Stefan_Reiterer

My front door lock now gives door open instead of unlocked

I don’t have a sensor at the door and the lock is connected via matter

This has come since the last update

I also get notifications that the battery is critical while it has just been charged

My battery level was 93%

After installing the 4.3.10 stable firmware, it dropped below 20%, the red led status now is blinking and i got a critical battery level warning .

What happens ???

After the previous update, the button stopped recognizing 1 or 2 touches, taking over randomly.

With update 4.3.10 the button stopped working.

When pressed, sometimes everything lights up, other times it does nothing.

I’ve done a factory reset, but everything remains the same and the button rarely works.

I confirm this situation, but with me, after updating the firmware my battery “dropped” from 94% to 20% and I start getting critical warnings.
What I did was remove the battery from the smart lock wait a little bit and then put it back again. Then connect a power bank until full charge.
Never got this messages again and has been up to 100% since wednesday, which was the day of the update.

But when I try to get a battery report, always get this error

I’m charging the battery until full power and will check afterwards.

By the way, I never succeeded getting battery report even when the Nuki Power Pack selected.

The same for me when I try to get Battery report.

Thank you for the provided feedback on the creation of the battery report - can you please report which version you have currently installed?

Which firmware version is installed on your Smart Lock?

• Beta 4.3.x
  • Release 4.3.10
  • Beta 4.4.0
0 voters

Anyway we will further investigate the stated behavior internally. Still we recommend to install the latest Beta 4.4.0 in order to unlock further logging capabilities on our end.

Thanks for your support.

I just wonder, is the battery report expected to work with normal rechargeable batteries (not the Nuki Power Pack)? Because it never worked for me and I bought my lock last year and tried from time to time.

I am on 4.3.10

1 Like

Can not update from 4.3.9 firmware, Nuki App crashes when it starts to download the firmware. I am using iOS beta, so maybe it is an iOS problem itself.

I had the same issue when updating to 4.3.9 with the current iOS beta. As the “automatic updates” checkbox was ticked, the locks updated themselves successfully over night, though.

1 Like

Thanks, will try to let auto update enabled, but since my Nuki is a non pro version and the connection is only through matter (with nat64) I think it would not be able to update by itself.

I’ve installed the 4.4.0 beta firmware, and fully charged the battery pack.

Time to monitor the battery level now for the next days.

Thanks it worked!

I installed version 4.4.0 and the button problem continues. The button does not work when pressed and is capable of closing after about 10 minutes.
I need help.

@Stefan_Reiterer Since 4.3.10 I don’t get any notification through the app. They are enabled (I disabled and re-enabled it) and the protocol is showing the actions.
There were no changes in app since then.
Do you have any suggestions?

Same for me: there is never a battery report generated, even after several hours. I wonder when Nuki will pick up this error

Same here. Before updating to 4.3.10 (from 4.2.8), battery pack level was 38%. After updating, it dropped to critical level and the led of my SL4P briefly flashed in red.

I tried to generate the battery report (which, BTW, never worked for me, even with 4.2.8: it runs indefinitely). I killed the Nuki app (iOS 17.4.1) and then it suddenly reported 60%, and the same level in the Home app. So, I decided to do a cold restart of the SL4P, disconecting and reconecting the battery pack. After that, the battery level went back to the original 38%. Something is broken with battery level reporting…

My SL4P uses a rechargeable battery pack and is configured with autodetection. I also tried to disable autodetection, but there were no changes.

1 Like

Unfortunately the generation of the Battery Report is not (yet) supported, this issue is addressed internally and will be resolved within this development iteration (4.4.x).

Still, if you experience big drops on the battery percentage I’d recommend to go to the Battery settings screen and check if the inserted batteries were detected properly (if the option is set to “autodetection”), as a wrongly detected type will result in a different percentage (and thus potentially in a wrongly shown battery state).

1 Like

In my case, the battery type was correctly detected and, as I already explained, I also tried to disable autodetection but nothing changed. Only after disconnecting and reconnecting again the battery pack, the percentage returned to the same value reported with 4.2.8.