Smart Lock (4th generation) Firmware Beta 4.4.x

For those with an issue that pressing the button not always trigger an action: I opened a ticket for that and my nuki was changed under warranty. With the new one it works properly now.

1 Like

Hello.
Since I installed this Version I have problems with the Remote Access via Matter for Alexa.
I installed this Firmware Version on Sunday, it was working for 1 day. Since yesterday I have no chance to connect remote via Matter, only via WiFi.
In the Alexa app itself I can open and close the Lock from Home, but not in the Nuki app via remote. Means the Matter itself is connected, only the Remote is switching off all the time if I try to switch it on.
In the previous Version I never had this problem.

Thank you very much for the information, I will do the same.

Good morning, I have updated to 4.3.10 and I have noticed that when the SL4P is locked it does not open manually by turning the knob. I donā€™t know if this is normal as I had not tried it before, is it?

Forget what i said, it was a physical problem with my lock. It works fine, sorry.

1 Like

I bought a Matter antenna because I had lot of issues with wifi and mqtt.
It worked well but since 4.4.0, sometimes it doesnā€™t work and the button on the smart lock doesnā€™t work immediately, sometimes I have to push 10 times to have an action.

Help me out: what is a Matter antenna?

Initial post has been updated with the release notes of the new Beta 4.4.1.

With this Beta a critical issue has been resolved, which lead to the effect that the Smart Lock was not reachable anymore via Bluetooth, which not only affects the availability via the Nuki Bridge but also via the Nuki App and other accessories. :rotating_light:

If you are affected by the behavior mentioned in Nuki Bridge lost connection to Smartlock 4.0 the best way to update your device is as following:

1. Make sure that your Smart Lock is registered for the FW Beta
    a. If not, send me your Smart Lock ID via PM and we will add it to the FW Beta

2. Unplug your Nuki Bridge

3. Manually install the Beta FW via the Nuki App

4. Again plug in your Nuki Bridge

As usual we kindly ask you to install this version and provide feedback into this channel. :pray:

A radio antenna to be able to use matter through openthread and plugged to my home assistant box.

1 Like

Hello.
Still the same problem than in version 4.4.0

Since I installed this Version I have problems with the Remote Access via Matter for Alexa.
I installed this Firmware and Matter was working for 1 day. Since yesterday I have no chance to connect remote via Matter, only via WiFi.
In the Alexa app itself I can open and close the Lock from Home, but not in the Nuki app via remote. Means the Matter itself is connected, only the Remote is switching off all the time if I try to switch it on.
In the previous Version I never had this problem.

1 Like

The Beta releases 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 did not contain any change touching the implementation, thus the described behavior might also re-occur.

Iā€™ll follow up with you individually.

1 Like

I got a weird behaviour with the battery level:

within less than two days , the level dropped from 81 to 34% without any special reasons:

This is a known issue which Nuki canā€™t send seem to reproduce. Itā€™s up to us (I have the same issue from time to time) to identify the source. Are you using UniFi hardware? And do you have the device integrated using MQTT or Matter for instance with Home Assistant?

Iā€™m controlling the lock only using MQTT commands. I removed the bluetooth interface from my home assistant in order to stop the ibeacon sensor which was interrogating the nuki sensor. Lets check now.

My wifi network is based on Unify hardware

Are you using the UniFi integration in Home Assistant as well and itā€™s the Nuki added as device tracker under this integration? Or do you have any specific config in the UniFi controller or HA that could keep the device from going to sleep (and thus continuously draining the battery)?

There is no UniFi integration in my home assistant and I removed the device tracker instance which is useless since the nuki is not moving