Nuki Opener instructions for Elvox Giotto 6329 (C)

Hello

Building on the good work of Patricia @Zauberelfe00 for the Elvox 8879 (also a Due Fili intercom) at Elvox 8879 as generic analogue intercom -> nuki opener, I managed to get nearly everything working.

Two points need further work from the Nuki team: (1) continuous mode keeps the lock open permanently after the first ring to open and (2) ring to open takes 30-60 seconds to unlock the door, whereas a direct open command via the app only takes a few seconds.

This is how I proceeded:

Disclaimer: I accept no liability for any errors in the content of these instructions nor for any technical problems

Solder the blue and purple wires (from the opener) to the circuit board of the 6329 as shown. If you have a 6329C with color screen, the circuit board lines are slightly different but the pins to solder the wires to are the same.

Cut one of the red wires that runs from the circuit board to the intercom speaker in half, strip both wire ends, connect the yellow wire (from the opener) to the red wire part going to the circuit board and the green wire (from the opener) to the red wire part going to the intercom speaker.

IMPORTANT: if after performing the rest of the steps, ring detection does not work when you enable ring suppression, swap the red wires that go to the circuit board by unplugging and replugging the connectors from/to the pins on the board, as shown:

Connect the red and black wires from the opener to the intercom connector print as shown:

Update the Opener firmware and app to the latest versions. Configure the opener as Generic Analogue intercom, confirm the door opening and ring to open, even though the latter will not work yet.

Contact one of the Nuki team members at developer.nuki.io and ask to activate analogue ring detection with a threshold of 9000 mV. You will be sent instructions on how to proceed.

Good luck!

thanks for that, it looks beyond my level of tinkering :stuck_out_tongue: but i will read it well and decide if i can do that or not

Yes, unfortunately the soldering is inevitable …

Hello,
Do You know if 6309 model (older than 6329 but compatible) is also supported ?
I have also a picture with internal board if can help … I’ll post it
Thank you

Does Ring bell issue has been fixed ?

Following the instruction above I configured 6309 Intercom and I also observed the following issue:

(2) ring to open takes 30-60 seconds to unlock the door, whereas a direct open command via the app only takes a few seconds.

At least who own 6329 can kindly reply to update the state of this issue ?
Again thank you

Still the same as far as I know :worried:

Hi Remi - did you ever manage to resolve this problem? I also have the same intercom system as you.

Unfortunately no someone managed to but they did a lot of electronics soldering… Which is way out of my league.
Regards
Remi

See my original post at Nuki Opener instructions for Elvox Giotto 6329 (C)

Thanks Remi,

Could you perhaps send me some pictures of how the wires have been soldered so I can replicate for mine? Or did you simply follow the instructions provided by Wim Van Holder?

Thanks, would be extremely appreciated!

Hi Wim, thanks for getting back to me! Having looked at your instructions it seems yours is wired up slightly differently to my R684 (see pictures attached).

Would your instructions still apply or would I have to make additional modifications?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you!

Nice finding @wvanholder !

Have you tried to play with the serial connection? Just about the CN1 connector on the board. All I have is 5V out and Tx is at 5V. I know Nuki does not support 2 ways audio nor video and I was wondering if this is carrying any useful information.

FYI I don’t own a Nuki but this was useful to me, I am now thinking about using the 5V/GND from the serial connection to power my ESP and integrate it all in the device :slight_smile:

BTW to detect the ringing in 3.3V or 5V I used an octocoupler.

@edobass123 I have the R684 as well, Wim just have V3/M pins connected but that does not matter, you can just follow Wim’s wiring on the top left pins 4 and 3 which are delivering 9V when it’s ringing.

Hi Cloom - thanks for getting back to me.

Just wanted to double check - Therefore I should just follow all of Wim’s instructions (including steps 1 and 2)?

@wvanholder thank you so much for this article. I followed it and I reach the result.
Now I not able to get in touch with “Nuki team members at and ask to activate analogue ring detection with a threshold of 9000 mV”.
I have create that topic Nuki Opener for Elvox Giotto 6329 - activate analogue ring detection with a threshold of 9000 mV
and following their suggestion I have opened the request from the app. With very big latency (1 month) I have received that answer:

Hey Marco,

Thank you for contacting Nuki Support. I apologize for the late response, we currently have a very large number of inquiries and try to respond to our customers as quickly as possible.

For this question, I would recommend you to look in the developer forum.
You can find our developer forum here: https://developer.nuki.io/
There you can share your suggestions for improvement directly with our developers or look up existing solutions.

I think I’m going in an infinite loop. Can you try to share the information in order to setup that function?

Hi Marco

It’s a flag they have to set on your personal account/opener.

Sorry I can’t be of more help…

Wim

1 Like

@wvanholder thanks for your indication. I tried to do just the first step by soldering the purple and blue wires, but it does not work (I am mostly interested in the remote opening rather than other functions).It seems to me that the problem could be related to how long the signal to open is provided to the intercom. Using the intercom button, I noticed that I need to keep the button pressed for more than 1 second. Not sure if the open gives the signal for such long time. Could be this the problem? Any way to solve it?
Also I noted that when I give from the app the command to open the door, the intercom does a buzz, as it does when I press the button in the intercom itself. Any idea?
I am sure I soldered the wires in the right way (and BTW I already did it in a different type of intercom and it works perfectly).
Thanks
Giovanni

Just wanted to let you know that I followed the above instructions and the intercom is working perfectly (both ring to open and door opening). A couple of small issues are;

• When using Ring to Open (with continuous mode activated) the door to the condomium does not automatically re-lock after opening
  • When using Ring to Open (with continuous mode activated) the intercom starts beeping intermittently until continuous mode is turned off

Will do a bit more troubleshooting but overall has been a great result.

Thanks,
Edoardo

@edobass123 thanks for your feedback. I probably did something wrong, although I repeated multiple times. But let me do it again.

Bye

Giovanni

Hi, thank u for the follow up, i have a question about the above quoted text please, with the red wire u mean one of the wires that really go to the speaker or the ring? (one red wire of the two blue marked wires or do u separated a completely different one)

Kindly,

Patricia