Elcom BVF-510

Hello,

i share my working setup for Nuki Opener with Elcom BVF-510.
You need the Elcom RED114Y Relais.

2 Likes

Hi Ben,

I desperatly try to copy your setup, but I don´t get it to work.
Maybe you can give me some hints, what the mistake could be.
For that, I will show you the actual status of my BVF-510.

Thats, how my Elcom looks after at the opening.
There is a “Terminator” between the i2-Bus ports and I dont know, what to do with it.
The red and blue cable will be connected with the XX ports of the elcom Red114Y, right?
The white Line in your drawing means, that there have to be a bridge between the X and K port?

Other than that, I have no idea, what else could be wrong.
Your drawing seems to very clear about how to connect the nuki bridge.

Maybe some changes at the DIP-switch at the backside of the bvf-510 touchpad?

I you have some ideas how to go on, it would be very helpfull.
We want to use the setup for our community center, so that we don´t have to open the door anytime for our visitors.

Thanks a lot for your support!
Best
Johannes

Hi,

were you able to get it working? It would be very interesting for me too.

Thanks,
Enrique

Sorry dor the delay:

Die Busleitung von der Klingelanlage (Haus) Rot/Schwarz geht in den Elcom Red 114Y.
Dann vom Elcom Red 114Y an die Elcom BVF-510 in die Klemmen XX. X1=Rot X2=Schwarz (bei mir WeiĂź hatte keine andere Farbe).
Dann von X2 auf K2.
K1 an den Nuke Opener (GrĂĽn)
Nuke Opener Blau und Lila auf die Elcom Red 114Y Ctrl-in.

@Ben Great that you got it to work! I have a question: do I have to buy the Elcom Relais separately or should it already be there somewhere? I don’t see a Relais anywhere when removing the BVF-510 from the wall

yes, you need to buy the relais

1 Like

@Ben Okay, so I setup everything as you did :slight_smile:

Now how do I setup the opener in the Nuki app? What’s the correct model to use? :sweat_smile:

I tried setting it up as generic/analoge. My guess is that I am still missing the yellow ring Signal because in my apartment I have to ring first before the door can be opened :thinking:

@Ben Okay so I figured out that my Red114Y was setup wrong. I didn’t set S1 to A :man_facepalming:

Now I can at least open the door. What’s missing is ring detection :thinking: The Nuki Opener does not recognize the ring signal and therefore ring2open is not yet working

Hi did you get the Ring detection working?

Connected all the Same as in the pictures, but currently i can only open the door via nuki like you

This is a digital bus system, so you would need to setup the intercom as digital bus, for that the opener can read out and store the right digital-signal for ringing, - when it’s setup as analogue, the opener looks for the wrong signal!

Thank you so much for the sketch. Do I understand correctly that the yellow, orange, red and black wires that are on the connector cable to the opener have no use and are not connected? Only the green, purple and blue as seen above? Thank you very much!

Setting it up as bus generic did not work. I used analog generic successfully. :slightly_smiling_face:

:+1:

Thanks for the interesting post here.
I have the exact same video phone system in my rental apartment. A friend of mine, an electrician, would trust them to install according to these instructions.
My question is: Is a beta software (TestFlight) necessary for this, or does the current version from the Apple App Store work for this?

Thanks @Ben for providing these ultra clear instructions. I’ve set up my opener today and it’s working well!

Some details:
The only apparent difference in my setup was that two extra cables from the bus were connected to the XX clamps on the Elcom BVF-510. I’ve only removed one each to connect them to the relay and then connected the two cables from the relay back into those slots, which seemed to have done the job. In the Nuki app I’ve chosen one of the other Elcom models.

Ring to Open works, as well as any other app-based functionality. I’m not yet sure about the ring suppression, testing it tonight. But overall, amazing. I was a backer of the Nello crowdfunding campaign and so disappointed when they released that thing without support for my system…

Your dials on the back (black and blue) are set to “8” – I think you need to set them on the relay accordingly.

Okay, so Ring Suppression does not work. I can live with that, but obviously it would be great to get that running as well :slight_smile:

Edit: Apparently, also, when Ring Suppression is enabled for Ring to Open (even though the former doesn’t work), at least for me it prevents the feature from functioning correctly. After I disabled the suppression toggle in General Settings and my wife came home she had no issue getting in with RtO.

@Willem_Leopold no beta software on my end.

Ich habe es exakt so angeschlossen, wie es von @Ben beschrieben wurde. Leider funktioniert Ring to Unlock nicht.
Verstehe nicht, was ich noch ändern soll. Wie sind die Einstellungen beim Schwarzen und Blauen Rad bei euch?
Ich habe übrigens auch so einen “Terminator” wie @unknownClown drinnen gehabt, diesen jetzt aber rausgeworfen.

I connected it exactly as described by @Ben. Unfortunately Ring to Unlock does not work.
Don’t understand what else I should change. What are the settings on the black and blue wheel in your config?
By the way, I also had a “Terminator” like @unknownClown inside, but I threw it out now.

Hallo zusammen,
Hat jemand von Euch bereits eine Lösung für das Thema Ring to open gefunden? Ich habe das Setup von Ben angewandt und es hat alles funktioniert bis auf RTO. Ich habe dann noch alles mögliche probiert… gelber Draht anstatt dem grünen… Tausch von schwarz und rot (falls der Elektriker hier etwas verwechselt hat)… verschiedene Konfigurationen in der Nuki App…
Ich wäre für Euren Input sehr dankbar :sweat_smile:
Liebe GrĂĽĂźe
Tobias

Short update (03.09.2023) after installation with the RED114Y Relais:

• “Open” works :white_check_mark:
  • “Ring to open” works :white_check_mark:
  • “Ring suppression” doesn’t work :x:

For all who have trouble with “Ring to open”: check your polarity of the two bus wires. I’ve wired like @Ben described and had the same problem with no “Ring to open” functionality like @ThomasTJ and @TobiasK. I found out, that Ring to open only works fine, if the cable for K2 came from the + BUS (in my case X1). Maybe you check this and give it a try. :slight_smile:

Does the Nuki opener button work for you? When I press the button nothing happens even though I have stored 2 actions in the app.

Opener Version 1.10.1

1 Like