Smart Lock 3.0 Pro
Nuki SL 3.0 Pro should not disconnect Wifi when Nuki Cloud is unreachable, as this will break local connection (local API, MQTT, etc).
Do not disconnect the Wifi due to unreachable Cloud Servers
Nuki SL 3.0 Pro is “health checking” the Wifi by connecting to the Nuki Cloud servers. If the Nuki Cloud Servers are not reachable, for example because:
- there is a problem with the local Internet Connection
- there is a problem with the Nuki Cloud
- Internet Access is not allowed for the nuki device (firewalled or airgapped).
More details in the discussion:
This is a long solved problem in the Nuki bridge by pinging the default gateway:
I would like to use the Nuki SL 3.0 Pro with a local MQTT broker and a local Home Asssistant instance, even though:
- my internet is down
- my internet is flapping
- the Nuki Cloud is unreachable for whatever reason not related to my configuration
- my firewall does not allow access to the Nuki Cloud
Thank you for the consideration!