Elcom i2 Bus (BVM-100)

OK, I was wrong with the functioning of relay. I somehow thought it was a two way communication…
OK, next try will be to use the door call as relay, and follow previous instructions to use the Bus+ and blue and purple on the open door switch contacts of the board.
My BVM-100 need to be in communication to be able to send the door open command. Thus I will use the second relay to “open” the contact switch of the handset (which is on C-NC). I’m thinking of using the function “when pressing the door release button” to activate the second relay.

There the call open the first relay which gives voltage to the ring signal of the Opener, which opens the door via its internal relay, that action would trigger the second relay to “switch on the conversation”. Both relays have a 10 s timeout. That should work…

I’ll report then

Hi Tobias,

thank you for sharing your experience. Did it work out for you and do you maybe have a picture of the end situation? I have the same print as in your picture, which is different from the print in picture further in this thread. Where did you solder the cables on the print?

Kind regards,
Ronald

Hi Ronald,

I think there a “smaller” version of the board out there with less buttons available. The procedure is a bit different, since you cannot solder on the backside and need to solder on the “button” of the board.

Colors of the cables are accordingly to the NUKI Opener!

Pictures are scaled 50% :wink:

1 Like

So I recently followed @Schiemanskie‘s instruction on how to make the opener work with the ELCOM BHT-200 and it works like a charm. It’s a little bit of work to set it up properly but I feel like it’s worth it.

Great, thank you Florian!

Any news about officially supporting i2 and BVF510WS (in my case)? This workaround seems to be bit complicated for me.

Hi there,

I found this really very good explanations here - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!
Today I finally found some time to setup my stuff following the instructions from @Thyraz!

But my setup is a little bit different. I did not want to change the existing hardware so I bought a BFT-200 (it is quite cheap) and also installed a RSR-200 in there.
I did all the wiring (adding some clamps in between so I can easily change things in case of any need.

Finally I added the new (3rd) console (the other two are BVT-200) to the bus using the same address.

Good things first :slight_smile:

• When I ring the door bell a red LED turns on in the new BFT-200. Looks to me like addressing is working fine.
  • When I then click on open (NUKI App) the door opens. Ringing the bell is always needed to open the door.

What is not working :frowning:

• The Nuki App tells me that it could not detect a ring cable.
  • So ring to open is not working.
  • Also no sound is played on the new BFT-200 when someone is ringing (although the LED is turning on) what actually would not be a problem to me but might be a hint for finding the problem.

I tried to figure out, why the ring cable is not detected and measured the voltage on the relais clamp (between yellow cable (ring) and white cable (b-)) when I rang the bell. But unfortunately it is zero.
I also measured between the other K clamp (green cable (a+) and white cable (b-)) and it is around 18V - seems to be fine.
That looks to me, like the RSR-200 is not detecting the ring but I am very unsure as I am really a newbie in that area.

Every hint is very welcome!

Thanks

1 Like

PS: I guess I was wrong. I did a further test right now, taking a video, of the multimeter measuring the voltage between the white cable (b-) and the yellow cable (ring) which actually is the “output” of the relais.
It shows roughly 17V (but might be more for short amount of time due to the latency of my crappy multimeter) right at the moment it rings :+1:
So actually things seem to be wired correctly but the Nuki Opener still does not recognize it.
Does anyone know how fast the Nuki recognizes that input? Should I even add a condensator in parallel from white to yellow?

Update:
I did a stupid error during setup. Now I switched to Model “Generic | analogue”. But unfortunately ring to open still does not work. Even the protocol does not show any rings.

What do You actually mean by “follow the procedure in the app precisely”? Could You please point out the possible pitfalls?
Ring detection on my BFT-200 is yet not working :frowning:

Edit: I guess I got it now :smiley:

It finally works. The yellow cable (ring) had no contact :see_no_evil:

Someone an idea how I can manage an integration like this with an BVF 200?

Hi Jens - I would go with an RSR-220 Relay and set it up just like the the audio only BFT200 Handhelds.

Something like things.

Good evening dear all,

this topic got really confusing for a beginner like me, so I am trying to explain the situation that I have at home:

I live in an appartment, with the ELCOM BVM 100-ws installed, including the video screen, but no repeater so far.

Main functionality required: ring the door bell on the entrance door, and have the entrance door opened by nuki opener sequential to this.

Maybe, somebody can be so kind to explain me in detail, what I need to buy, and how I am supposed to connect everything in order to make it work. A drawing would be lovely!

Thank you so much!

Does somebody have an idea? :roll_eyes:

I really rely on some assistance here…

Hey,

I‘d ne nice if somebody could please sum this up or even do a little manual for the BHT-200. I really want to integrate it into my smart Home.

Thanks

Hi Jerome,

see following posts:
General first working setups by Thyraz and Florian with general setup + wiring Pictures:

My working setup with some pictures:

But you are right, maybe we should go on and have a better summary in place :wink:

1 Like

Hey Florian,

any chance you can support me with my BVM-100?

Thank you!

I am sorry I don’t have a BVM to test things out.

edit:
I looked up the manual for the BVM-100 and searched for an Call-Relay that could be used. I am sorry to say, but there seems to be no “plug-in” solution for you at the moment.
Only the BVM-200 handtelephone seems to have an option to upgrade it with an call-relay.

So official upgrade for the following handhelds are the following:
BHT-200 / BFT-200 → get an RSR-200 and read the thread again
BFT-210 / BFT-510 → get an RSR-210 and read the thread again
BVF-200 > RSR-220
BHT-200 / BHT-280 / BFT-200 → RSR-500 for usage with an external telephone

BVM-100 → nothing yet? somebody try to squeeze an RSR-200 into it and try to use it with the intercom?

1 Like

Dear all,

is anyone out there who modified the ELCOM BVF-210 WS successfully respectively any first ideas on that?!

Many thanks in advance
Steven

BVF-210 WS

See how you can configure the system (bell ring panel at the door) to let you open the door in case nobody rings before. See item (2) switch 2. Maybe you can get access to it, but if you don’t own it, you may check woth the other property owners.