Bridge API: Door sensor?

Will the bridge API return the door sensor state as well? If so, could you update the documentation to reflect this?

6 Likes

The update for the bridge api will unfortunately take some time, but we will keep you posted here with all the news and details.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for confirming but would be also interesting to have some ETA. :wink:
I have already plenty of ideas I can do with this little but so important information.
Lovely Product Managers, can you just bump it up on the backlog?

Thanks!

:grin: I fear this won’t help. :wink:

I’m sorry, but I still can’t give an ETA. But i’m looking forward to your ideas what to build with it. :grinning:

First of all I would go ahead and create an Push Message alert if the Door is open too long. Meaning someone left it open withour knowing / intending to do so.

Additionally a camera could be activ activated based on this information, to verify what is going on.

Technically you could also do something where the lock reports locked, but the door reports open state. This means something went wrong on locking it and / or possible intruder. Maybe only the lock felt down on the floor, but this would be good to know as well.

Basically I believe every function or status/sensor should be readable/exposed by the APIs. For example a state change from locked to unlock causes some ligths to be turned on during special daytimes. This being a good automation without needing to use geo information.

6 Likes

Any update on this? I’m also looking forward for this update

There’s a new API documentation V1.8 dated 20190306 but i still miss the door sensor state? When will this state be available?

The changelog for v 1.8 can be found here:

Door sensor will hopefully be part of the next big update, but I can’t promise an ETA yet.

This sounds terrible. You announced Smartlock 2.0 mid of october last year with the door sensor feature (i know, it’s still Beta). If you want to integrate nuki in a smart home you either need the door sensor state or you’ve to add some other magnetic contact to check the correct door state. Double Cost!

The door sensor is available in the Web API (I know this won’t help you if you want a local/offline solution, but for some it can be a transitional solution). We have to set priorities in firmware development and unfortunatly not every feature request can be handled as fast as we would like to.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Push notifications for lock actions?

Any updates on getting the door sensor into the Bridge / Local API? Thx

1 Like

Sorry, I can still give not date on that. Existing issues have still to be handled before locking at new bridge features.

I’d love to see this as well. Looking forward to any updates when they happen :slight_smile:

Is there any documentation of the door state in the Web API? I noticed the doorState value is 2 when the door is closed and 3 when the door is open, but I was wondering if this is documented anywhere.

You can find this at the model of https://api.nuki.io/#!/Smartlock/get

Smartlock.State {

doorState (integer): 

The door state: 0 .. unavailable, 1 .. deactivated, 2 .. door closed, 3 .. door opened, 4 .. door state unknown, 5 .. calibating,

}

Ah I see, I wasn’t aware of the model button. That should be useful. I suppose the web API doesn’t have some sort of web hook functionality like the local http rest api?

Still nothing? I get a callback when the door is opened/closed, but no state.
This thread is now nearly a year old, with no updates… :frowning:

We are aware of this request, but we do not communicate our timelines, priorities and roadmaps in the public, so there have been no updates.

1 Like

I am also a little bit wondering why this is not available offline as it is implemented in Web API and we are not talking about reinvent the wheel :slight_smile:

Feature request for voting:

1 Like