Auto unlock problem with Android Pie

With Samsung S9+ (and some others, I think), there is no improvement. :frowning:
By the way: The mentioned patch was already installed just after its deployment in 02/2019.

Try Doorman if you want the seamless experience. Keep Nuki for all management features.

I have the same issue on Samsung S8.
Is there already a fix?
I can not use doorman because I have no bridge…

Sorry, we are still working on the Bluetooth-issue Samsung has created with its Android Pie updates.

+1 for Samsung s9. If additional logs are required please let us know in this thread. Then i can provide my logs as well.

Yes, please. See:

And:

Hi. Just sent the log.

Same problem here with galaxy S8 after Android 9 update…

Auto unlock also doesn’t work with my samsung Galaxy S9+ android 9 update. When will this be fixed? The problem almost exist for 2 months.

Samsung Note 9 , same problem here!

When will this finally be fixed? Meanwhile it seems that there are no more plans to fix it at all.
If so, the auto-unlock feature would be a new feature for the affected phones and I contemplate to set up a feature request for this and begin collecting votes for it. I bet this would get the no.1 feature request immediately!
There is no excuse in saying it is the responibility of Samsung, because I know no other bluetooth device which has nearly such problems with Samsungs devices.

Yes, you are right in the sense that some things need to be completely rebuilt to have a custom solution for this issue on the Samsung devices, as all tests and feedback from user-logs show, that you can’t just easily deactivate this special Samsung Bluetooth mode. And I can assure you that we see the need and are on it.

But no, we are not the only device with this issue. You can find tons of support threads in Samsung’s forums around the world regarding this.

Please check our new Android App Alpha:

We are looking forward for your feedback, if you want to test it out.

Yes, it seems to work again!
Unlock was always successful and behaved like usual after installation of beta app. :relaxed:

1 Like

Anyone else with feedback for us on the new Alpha?

@ Stepehan.

It looks that it also solved the problem with my samsung S9. 2 times it didn’t work, because my Phone didn’t noticed it was inside the geofence area. I think it didn’t had that problem with the app 2.1.5. So i raised the geofence area back from 50 mtr to 100 mtr. I will look if this solved my problem. But when it noticed it is inside the geofence area it is a 100% opening door. :+1:

1 Like

Looks good. First tries where successful. Didn’t need to wake up phone. Door was auto-unlocked as soon as i was standing in front of it. Will continue to observe, but for now I am happy. :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t get it. You say, you would be “on it”. Andorid Pie developer is out since March 2018. You do have a developer team, hence you should be “on it” since more than a year now. The final version was released August 2018 - half a year ago. For me as an effected customer it looks like that your team missed something important here and all you suggest is “be our alpha app tester and send us debug reports”. Seriously?

When I come home with two persons and the other is auto unlocking the door, after a while, already sitting in the sun on the balcony, I pick up my phone and the door opens again. Another scenario: Coming home late, going straight to bed, picking up my phone to set the timer for the next morning: open door at night. If not permanently thinking about it the door could be open for hours before realising it. S*cks BIG TIME.

Having paid for your product, I as a customer don’t want to be a beta or even worse alpha tester for your stuff. I would like to have a working product and no, not somewhere in the future. Thanks.

PS: I am happy to test stuff for you and provide debug logs and feedback. You may send a PM if you would like my address for sending me the nuki opener…

Using Galaxy S9… Its now (Alpha Version) working better then ever!

Thanks a lot
Christian Felsch

1 Like

As stated above this is not an issue with Android Pie in general but with undocumented changes from Samsung how they handle BLE scanning in sleep modes.

We use our Developer Forum to coordinate Beta tests by volunteer helpers. We appreciate this support a lot, as it helps us to test new features and fixes on many more devices and in many more setups when we could easily do ourselfs, in a shorter amount of time.

For customer support please go to: https://nuki.io/en/support/

The guidelines for this forum can be found here: https://developer.nuki.io/t/guidelines/5