Wear OS 3 Galaxy Watch 4 Issues

I still can’t connect my Galaxy Watch4 to the Nuki Smart Lock 3. Is there some reason to have such difference between the members? Some of them connected successfully their watches, but for some others including me no chance?

you have to hold the button on the nuki relatively long until the watch connects.

You mean that I have to hold the button until the watch connects? Till now I hold it untill the LED start flashing.

Hold a little bit longer until the watch connects itself :+1:t3:

Hi, I can´t find Nuki App in PlayStore on my Galaxy Watch4 and on Galaxy Watch5 (both WearOS 3.x). The browser version of PlayStore lists both watches as “not compatible”. Am I doing sth. wrong?

1 Like

Same issue for me…
The apps was installed on my galaxy 3. I upgraded to watch 4 and the application was ok via the backup…
Today upgrde to watch5 pro but the backup does not take the nuki app and therefore the app is not installed on my watch 5…

Try via the app store but not visible so this can’t be installed.
I try to install it via the playstore on the watch 4 but can’t see it.

I do not understand. More you evolve less the product are compatible…

Well, I had the galaxy watch 1 and under tizen it worked okish. Now I have the galaxy watch 5 Pro and there isn’t even an app for it in the playstore… Please add it???

Unfortunately, the Nuki Wear OS app is currently not available on the Google Play Store. A update containing the Wear OS app is under its way, we keep you updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I was searching and searching. There was info on the Nuki support page written that I had to install the app from the app store on the watch itself.
I guess it’s handy to update that info too. I was getting a headache asking myself what I was doing wrong.

I hope the app is soon available again.

Regards David

will the update address the bad 15-20 seconds connection time issue on watch4 as well? one reason for choosing nuki was to be able to unlatch directly from watch4, but with the delay between watch app and the nuki lock it makes no sense.

ETA for beta version?

thanks.

1 Like

We will provide you with an update once the app is available again.

The Wear OS app is available again on the Play Store on your watch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

as asked above, the 15 seconds delay on the lock status is still being looked at

1 Like

I feel the same way. I can’t load the app either on my Galaxy Watch 4 or my Fossil Gen5 because the PlayStore tells me the watches are incompatible. I bought SmartLock Pro 3.0 yesterday specifically because of the smartwatch support.

As far as I can tell at this point, it is clearly a case of fraudulent misrepresentation. I quote the manufacturer:

“Use Nuki with your smartwatch
The Nuki app is also available for the Apple Watch, Android smartwatches (Wear OS) like the Garmin Watch, the Galaxy Watch (Tizen OS) and the Huawei Watch (HarmonyOS).”

It would be important for me to know if support for these watch models is generally discontinued or if this is a short-term temporary problem.

This would greatly influence the decision of a refund.

if you are primary looking for a nice and quick solution to open your door with a Galaxy Watch 4, go and get a refund…
Even if you can load and install the app, you will have nearly every time wait minimum 15 seconds to get the watch app connected to the smart lock. Plus the time you need to click in the app to start the unlatch and the delay to get the unlatch done… This can end up in half a minute or more to get the door opened.
This delay makes the app completely useless.

Not sure what the problem is, but Nuki seems to be not interested in solving it, or there is no technical solution. This problem is known for month and nothing is hapening.

1 Like

We double checked on Play Store and there are versions/builds available for your watches. Maybe a watch restart helps - we cannot explain why this happens. We have many customers with Galaxy Watch 4 or 5 with the app installed.

Yep, I can confirm that after not being able to find the app in the WearOS Playstore, yesterday it was visible and I successfully installed it on my two Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.

After installation the app showed a message like “no device found”. Then I also opened Nuki app on smartphone. The WearOS Nuki automatically connected and since then I´m able to use the GW5Pro to interact with the Nuki lock.

Also, I have the feeling that the commands (from the watch) are executed much quicker now (max. 3-5 secs). My environment: Nuki 3 (nonPro) + Bridge.

Haven´t tried direct BT connection between watch and lock as I always got my mobile with me or at home (watch and phone are connected).

Could someone send me wear OS apk.
I have watch 4 classic but i have it paired with huawei phone that hasnt got google services.

I can sideload apks on the watch but cannot connect to the play store on the watch.

So direct link to the apk wpuld be much appreciated.

Regards!

Maybe someone from developers?

Hi! We’e happy to announce that we have a public beta available for the Nuki Wear OS app. See Wear OS: Nuki Android App 2023.3.1 Beta for more details.

1 Like