Urmet 1130/3D Opener installation problem

@Rose_Languste I didn’t change the wiring, but I’m doing more attempts. Now ring to work seems to work, but it has weird behaviour. If I activate ring to open, and I ring from the first door, then it opens the first door, but then when I ring from the second door, it opens again the second door. Or sometimes it doesn’t open at all

Please try this, set the delay for opening to 5-Seconds, and look if it is better.

@Rose_Languste I tried three times last night.

• First attempt without delay, rang at the first door and opened correctly, then rang at the second door and it kept opening the first door instead of the second one.
  • second attempt with a 3 seconds delay. Rang at the first door and opened correctly, then rang at the second door and it didn’t open at all any door.
  • third attempt with a one second delay, rang at the first door and opened correctly, then rang at the second door and also opened correctly.

It all seems random to me honestly. I’ll try again when I come back home tonight. I really hope I can make it work reliably. Maybe I should write to nuki support? Will they know something about these double door systems?

Thanks for your help

Hi! Yes please write nuki support, because there can be tweaked some things from their end, and I think it’s not much needed to get it to work! Because you wrote with 1-Second are the best outcomes, I think maybe the delay at all is a issue, and you need 0-Seconds delay! And please try, if there is a change, when you push a longer time on the bell buttons, keep the finger about 3-5-Seconds on it!

@Rose_Languste I sent a message to nuki support but still haven’t received a reply. In the meanwhile I tried all possibile combinations of opening delays, tried to push the bell button for longer etc. I start to think that the opener is not compatible with the building device switching the openings of the two doors. I hope I’m wrong and there is a way to make it work, because I am not aware of any alternative product to the nuki opener.
:frowning:

Hi! I really don’t can think of, how the opener should do this difference, because when like here, it’s setup as analogue, the opener just gives the original bell signal through, and your intercom is not able to recognise different bells, so it should be the same!? BUT, in your case we can try a bypass! But I need a Informationen first, - from where comes the ring sound when someone rings, - from the intercom itself (the big silver thing, in the upper right corner of the intercom), or from a separate bell!?

@Rose_Languste I also can’t understand what is going on with the opener connected. I hope the support will reply to shed some light.

Ring sound comes from the intercom itself. As you can see it is wired and the sound comes from the silver thing in the upper right corner. What do you want to try?

Ok, then we have a chance to bypass! Please try this, - put out the green opener wire of 7 (and let it loose for now), then put out the original bell wire out of the nuki-clamp and screw it back to 7, now it’s a bit fiddling but should not hard to do, take off the red wire of the pin of the buzzer (silver thing) and do it in the nuki-clamp, now connect the green opener wire to this pin of the buzzer, finish! Now the wiring is original and the bell signal goes no where else, and we take instead the power of the buzzer itself for ring recognition, and actually it should work, because your system works as before then, and whatever recognise the different bells and sorts what door should be open, gets the same signals as before now! Let me know!

@Rose_Languste Tonight I came back home with the idea of trying what you say, coming in I tried again the opener, I activated ring to open, rang the bell from the first door outside, but it opened the second door. Then I disabled ring to open and ringed the bell again, and it got stuck ringing, literally. It’s just ringing all the time now. Something got stuck (not the ringing button). So I rushed inside, I disconnected the opener from the cable, and it stopped ringing. Now I opened the intercom and if I reconnect the bell cable it just rings always. With the opener and even restoring the wiring without the opener. That’s terrible and I have no idea if the opener is responsible for this. I think I will have to call a technician to come and see :sob:

Thats not good, but why it does this!? Please unscrew the wire on 11, make the original wiring back, and connect at last the wire on 11 again, and look if this set the system back to former work behaviour!?

@Rose_Languste thanks for replying, unfortunately even with the original wiring, with number 11 and the bell connected, it rings all the time. There is something more damaged and I think tomorrow I’ll have the building administrator to send a technician. I’m not going to tell them I was trying to use Nuki, but I would need to understand if the Opener has caused the damage, a short circuit or something? Hopefully official support will help here. :disappointed_relieved:

Hmm…, why is this!?
Sorry, that you got all this trouble with the opener!

@Rose_Languste Support today replied with this:

“I would have to inform you that the Opener can only be connected to One door. It is not compatible with a two door Set up, you would have to choose one of the doors, to connect to the Opener.”

So now I’m wondering, how is the wiring if I choose one the doors? Also, does it mean I can use two different openers to accomplish opening both doors?

Hi! I feared this, because otherwise nuki is very good, but the support for opener is garbage! - They say all the time “dont possible” but actually no problem!? I am sure, they think you talk about a digital two door system, where the opener would have to record two different sets of signals for each door, and the opener can do this just for one, but your intercom is clearly analogue, and I am sure, with the right wiring, it would work! With the two openers, this will unfortunately not work, because you have just one intercom, and for analogue you would need a second one, - when it would be digital, then you could let learn one opener the signal set for the first door, and a second opener the same for the second door, and depending what signal comes through, just the related opener would react! But this brings me to an idea, you can control if you have digital signals in your system, - when you just connect the ring wire, and pushing through the setup process until you are on the ring recognition steps, and when you ring then, the opener should recognise nothing, because the signal is analogue, but when it recognise the ring signal and goes further to the next step, it is in deed digital, what would really wondering me, because how then your intercom can work with this, but also it would mean that the two opener idea, would be an option then, - you have to choose digital system on setup for this try!

Hi! I have noticed some information! Often when touching older intercom systems, the permanent ring occurs sometimes often, and it’s mostly a faulty contact in the bell buttons! Are you able to can easily look behind these buttons, and look for Water-, Dust-Shortings! Or maybe, was the technician already there, and found out something!?

Hi @Rose_Languste the technician is coming tomorrow morning and he will check the buttons outside the door on the street. I didn’t do it myself because it’s all the bell buttons for the building, and it’s better not to touch it without permission.

Hopefully it’s just a faulty contact and after it’s fixed I can do more attempts with the Opener.

I see! Let me know, how it goes!

@Rose_Languste The electrician was here, he just disassembled and assembled again the whole intercom buttons on the street and it’s working again, so it was probably just dirt in the contacts. It wasn’t easy, the intercom has 25 years and it’s falling apart.

Anyway, I guess it’s nothing related to the Opener and it was just a coincidence it happened while I was testing the Opener? :man_shrugging:t2:

Hi! Yeah, I also think so! Thats exactly I heard very very often, when just do any work on a old intercom system, the permanent ring thing, very often comes up! I think the opener don’t was the reason for this!

Edit: I would try the bypass wiring again, because with other users we where able, to use the ring-buzzer directly for ring-recognision, and your system would work the way like it does now! It should work!

@Rose_Languste I configured again the wiring as per Nuki instructions, I did more tests and I figured out that the door commutation doesn’t work whenever I silence the buzzer. So if I don’t suppress the ring buzzer signal from the intercom, ring to open works perfectly. That’s a bummer, looks like the door switching relay is not working if the current doesn’t go through the buzzer electric coil. Or something like that.