Smart Lock Firmware 3.7.x Beta

hi is this the fix for the nuki web + airbnb feature where the battery would drain in about 10 days?

Can you elaborate what you exactly mean with this?

when the nuki 3.0 pro is connected to the wifi the battery lasts a long time, a few months.
As soon as we enable the nuki web in connection with the airbnb, then there is some bug that will drain the battery in just 10 days or less.

I contacted support about this issue, it was acknowledged and now im waiting for a bug fix. Meanwhile im using the nuki bridge as it wont drain the battery as fast as using wifi.

My suspicion is that the nuki web is constantly asking something to the nuki.

Hey,

im on 3.73 Beta with a SL3P. First of all I really love the mqtt feature and the auto discovery feature with home-assistant. It is set up instantly and the latency for door lock / unlock actions are awesome.

I just noticed that when I disable internet access for the smart lock (to use it fully autonomously) it seems to trigger a wifi reconnect when it cannot reach sse api. I set up a Rpi to act as gateway for the nuki and I can see DNS requests for A / AAAA records and I assume after two or three failed attempts the wifi gets reconnected (also I use Unifi APs and read about disconnects in earlier firmware versions, but Im not experiencing those so I think this is unrelated).

Maybe this is expected but I would really appreciate to use the Smart Lock with MQTT but without internet.

Regards

1 Like

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.7.4

This beta version has two relevant changes for Smart Lock 3.0 Pro owners:

• A Fritz!Box 7590AX is automatically detected and the workaround for the reported problems with firmware 7.5x with this box is automatically applied. For more details follow this thread: FRITZbox 7590 ax issue with Wi-Fi smart lock 3.0 pro
  • By changing the Smart Lock > Settings > Features & Configuration > Battery > Energy-saving mode to ā€œMediumā€ the WiFi power saving mechanisms the Smart Lock uses are reduced (similar to what the workaround for Fritz!Box 7590AX does). This can have a positive impact on the stability of the WiFi connection of a Smart Lock 3.0 Pro.

Please test the new functionalities and let us know if they have any impact on your Smart Lock setup.

1 Like

My smart lock updated to 3.7.4 last Saturday night.
Today after reading your post Iā€™ve set energy saving mode to medium and had not to wait long to see it still disconnect sometimes from Wi-Fi, TP-Link Deco M5.
No excessive bandwidth usage on my side, fiber connection so even better quality than I had before.

To be sure we talk about the same, this is the setting when explanations are about bluetooth scan interval to communicate with the Nuki app?
Because I donā€™t see any change I prefer to be sure we talk about the same setting :slight_smile:

Yes

You could try changing your WiFi DTIM interval to 3 if your router allows it. In combination with the ā€œMediumā€ power saving setting this will lead to the Smart Lock not skipping anything on the network.

Hi Juergen
I tried direct WLAN-connection with my two Smart Lock 3.0 pro (Firmware 3.7.4 beta) to Fritzbox 7590 AX.
Nothing changed to older versions. No stable WLAN-connection possible.

I connect via bridge again.

I have also problems with 3.7.4 and Fritzbox 7590 (no AX). Energiesettings doesnt fix it. In 8 of 10 cases in cant open the doorā€¦

Unfortunately we cannot change this value with TP-Link Deco.
I have posted on their support forum to ask for a solution even if I am pessimistic.

Hello
My NUki 3.6.9 is losing the Wi-Fi and impossible to reconnect.
Does his 3.7. may solve this?
Is there any roadmap somewhere ?

Thank you

In the case it could be useful for people who use TP-Link Deco products, I posted a suggestion to ask for the ability to set DTIM interval.

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.7.5

Please install this beta and provide your feedback via this channel - thank you!

just updated and now it cannot connect to my Wifi network anymore. it says invalid password but the password hasnā€™t changed. 3.7.5 beta

Nice to have an update without false alert displayed by the Android app, directly successfully updated.
I still have the same Wi-fi disconnection/reconnect issues but I suppose it is now expected and no solution will be found.

Have you had any updates on this, is it solved in the latest beta?

3.7.5 is working fine on my side

@Stefan_Reiterer suprising to see 3.7.7 installed. What happened with 3.7.6?

The 3.7.7 version is a real public version (fully tested an verified on our end) and is based on the most recent 3.7.5 beta version, but with an adapted release versioning to comply to our internal release standards and dependencies.

1 Like

I had one of the strangest experience of updating my smart lock with 3.7.7.
Firstly the progress bar for firmware transmission to the smart lock jumped directly around 25% then an error was displayed.
Second attempt was successful, but I had to wait for about five minutes only for the firmware to be loaded to the smart lock. Then about two minutes as expected to install the update, but about five minutes for the transmission is the longest delay Iā€™ve had and it is the first time I had this behavior.
And I was less than a meter from the smart lock.