Smart Lock 3.10.x Beta

It’s also not supposed to change something and not recommended to do or try.

There was one change in 3.9.5 that has been reverted in 3.10.1 and brought back in 3.10.2. It is not related to MQTT but seems to have an impact for some on the stability of MQTT. There will be a new beta 3.10.3 soon which addresses it.

Btw. thank you for the feedback. This is exactly why we are running betas. There are so many different setups out there that it would be impossible to find the best settings without the help of you beta testers. Special thanks to everyone who provides positive feedback if something works (better than before). It’s at least equally important as the negative feedback (which such forums produce by nature).

Hi,

i am also in the WLAN and MQTT with excellence club.
Is it called Club 27?

I have 2x N3P

QS at the customer, great!

Instead of downgrading people to an older working version you going to take them all for your funny tests? I think Nuki should be rich enough to buy the common hw which is used outside to give it a try in the laboratory.

How long should it take until you are able to release something that works? :slight_smile:
Btw. the two projects above work and that like a charm, have fun experimenting with the customers.

Why don’t you give the customers the choice to choose which fw version they like to install in their nuki’s?

Best Regards X23

Hey Jürgen,

Thanks for this clarification. Being also an IT-guy this helps a lot to understand the things going on and motivates giving feedback for the coming betas!

Sorry when i was ruff but i had the big luck to join the club with 3.9.5 the two nukis are my first nuki devices and it thinks expectable that i am not satisfied as newcomer, i am also IT-guy and love to play around with mit smart home stuff but that first experience is really not cool.

I first thought its my esp home key device, then oh the nuki hub project must be in alpha state no its the nuki with 3.9.5 which seems to really have heavy problems with WLAN.

How can i participate the beta program? But i just want to try on one of the two devices.

Btw. my Nuki at the front door lost WLAN connectivity again and now its stating wrong password which is not, i found similiar problems in older fw thread around version 2. so i currently not only have flicky wlan i have non wlan anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

From what i could read from the other threads is just wait will work again anytime…
Pulling the battery didn’t help. phew ok take a beer and wait :slight_smile:

My environment is fritz.box driven, mesh, 7590, 2x 7490, 1x 1200. all with excellent throughput i have covered the whole mention, i have no connection issues with any of my other clients and there are some.

Best Regards X23

If a working stable release comes out i will never ever update again. I agree that new firmware has to be tested by Nuki much much better before releasing. Without a working connection the Nuki is a brick, nothing else.
Bought a new Nuki and was aware about the buggy 3.9.5. But you can not setup the nuki without updating to this. I son‘t under why Nuki is still rolling out this firmware.

BTW: The fact that the devs are not daily present here shows me that customer satisfaction is not the prio for them.

Most certainly none which aim to run for months on a few AA batteries. Please have a look at the FAQ for WiFi troubleshooting: Smart Lock WiFi/Thread/MQTT connection troubleshooting / FAQ

Why do you guys hide the video that shows how messy the connections can be?

Maybe this is other for other users but I never had any complaints about the battery life of my Nuki. It was working perfect when you guys introduced the MQTT functionality (that was one of the reasons I bought the Nuki).

Like I asked before, is there a way to get back to the older version that was working? 3.10.1 is also fine (or 3.10.3 if it is stable again).

I am in the beta program because that is (or was) the only way to get the MQTT support. If this is already in stable, then I would like to switch to that.

3.10.3 does not work for me was working for some minutes now gone again. Is there no possibility to go back to pre 3.9.95? Can’t use the lock with Home Assistang anymore which worked for long time before!
I can’t understand this! Invested hours in reconfiguring!
Thinking find an alternative lock!

There is a 3.10.3 available now. What issues are adressed with that? Is there a chance of a stable MQTT connection with upgrading to this version??

Lock did not come online in Home Assistant after 3.10.3, the MQTT config was gone? After reconfigure it seems to work, will keep an eye on it next few hours/days.

3.10.3 looks good for about 5 hours so far…

After one day, it iss not working at all. Even it is green the lock needs almost 1 minute to respond.

Hi,

yes I can also confirm that 3.10.3 is working since yesterday without major outages. The connection interrupted from time to time for ~1 minute. But it was only 3 times in ~12 hours.

-Thomas

3.10.3 looks good for me, really better than 3.10.2. Until yesterday at about 20:10GMT+2 the smart lock has not become “unavailable”, strangely the status was “Unknown” at 22:35, it is the first time I have this state in Home Assistant.

Could it change something if night mode is disabled? I ask because in night mode the energy saving is changed so is it the same for Wi-Fi behavior?

EDIT: The “unknown” status is not strange in fact, after some investigation it is due to my HA which restarted at this time which I did not carefully checked when I posted. Firstly entities are unknown before getting their state from the MQTT broker.

Updated yesterday my 3.10.2 lock to 3.10.3.
My “beta” lock was far less reliable then my 3.9.5 lock before this upgrade. It seems now it’s far more reliable. 24 hour without disconnection !
Hope its the end of this problem because its very annoying for a connected lock to be disconnected 75% of the time…
Regards.

PS: Falses hopes… reverted back to it’s old connection scheme, where it s connected 10-15 min and disconnected during one hour.

Same here, WIFI was broken in the latest production version so I tried to install the latest beta. Same result.

Cannot connect to the lock in a timely fashion. Also the app says WIFI is not configured.

But when I goto the settings WIFI is enabled just fine.

WIFI is more disconnected then connected.

After rebooting the lock it’s working for an hour or so and then it’s crooked again.

Other remote battery devices such as my battery powered Eufy doorbell camera are working reliably without any problem. How hard can it be to just make this work?

Not sure where to go from here because support is a hassle and I my partner has removed the app because she doesn’t trust it anymore.

I think NUKI should just sent bridges free of charge because their product is just broken.

If you have problems with the WiFi connection of your Smart Lock, please follow the advice in the FAQ. If you still encounter issues, please send me the Nuki ID of your lock in a direct message.

There are also a few threads with suggested settings for unifi routers. You might check them out too.

After being in contact with NUKI support I’ve added a seperate WIFI network for 2.4Ghz only and did a soft reset. I’m happy to inform that since that moment (2 days ago) it’s working reliably. When I’m in WIFI range I can actually connect to the lock and open the door!

I hope this is not short lived but it looks promising!

To be sure, it is a 2.4 Ghz only Wi-Fi but with access to the rest of the network?