SKS HT4600 or BS2012, compatible Nuki Opener

Yes - you probably can - if you find the right “connection” points - for me it was impossible with the touchscreen (another model (is vetro) - but I guess it is the same with the BSV2012 - so I endet up buying a HT4600 and connect it parallel to my il vetro - most things are working now.

1 Like

I really like to make my intercom smart. Also the 4600-2.
But when I need to solder, it’s still like a diy solution. and then just have the possibility to open the door after ringing - and that’s it, right? why just using an esp for that? What’s the advantage of using the nuki door opener? Am I missing something?

Hi,

I assume no news in regards to BSV2012 means I have to send my opener back and look for a more homebrew solution?

The Nuki is a lot more usable. You can configure auto open, enable it only when you are nearby, turn it off or on anytime from anywhere in the world via your phone, and the interface for doing all of this is really well designed.

Another Nuki Opener working with the HT4600-2 in Berlin! This allows me to go completely key-free, I love it.

If anyone needs help in Berlin soldering their HT4600, lemme know!

3 Likes

I read through this article. Did someone find a way to use the BS 2012 with the Opener without buying another SKS model? If so can someone upload the manual?

1 Like

Hey,

super interested in the nuki opener for sks ht4600 :slight_smile: Do you have a step by step instruction? I also live in Berlin! But have zero knowledge about electronic stuff. Maybe you can help me?

Greetings
Patrick

Hello from Berlin.

For anyone: I’d pay a bounty if someone could get it working with a SKS 4505VB :slight_smile:

Not that the wiring is the same for this model…

As there doesn’t seem to be any progress with regards to officially supporting SKS BS2012 Video, I’m thinking of using the Nuki Opener to simulate the button press for sending the “open door” signal by short-circuiting the “button”. I’m a complete electronics noob, but my naive understanding of the circuit board is that the “button” is some sort of capacitive sensor which closes the circuit when touched by a finger. If that is correct, soldering two wires to both sides of the sensor and connecting them to the Nuki Opener should at least enable manual door opening actions. Am I over-simplifying things? I would appreciate any feedback from more knowledgeable people.

I uploaded pictures of the SKS BS2012 Video front and circuit board here: SKS BSV2012 Video – Google Drive

1 Like

Hey Patrick, if you still need help just send me a PM

Hey folks!

I tried to get the Opener started for the HTV4600, so far without any luck. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

@benolayinka Im also in berlin, maybe you have a tip? I attached the wires as described by @Panda to the mainboard, but I’m not sure whether its actually the right place to grab the signals or whether I should rather use the clips on the picture below.

Any ideas? Thanks for all your help!!

Here is the wiring right now (picture is the backside of the picture above; for orientation)

1 Like

Hey Dominik, hey everyone.

and what happens to the original cables which connect my intercom with the frontdoor/main system?

Best,

Raph

Don’t know exactly to which post you are repsponding, but the cables from and to the intercom should stay where they are. The sks system is using a BUS System - you can’t “intercept” it. You need to find the “decoded” signal on your system (e.g. button for opening the door and signal to the physical speaker/bell for ring detection).

1 Like

I also got a SKS BS2012 in my apartment and would love to connect it to a nuki opener. Are there any updates?

Is it possible to connect a HT4600 to the BS2012 and connect the nuki opener to the ht4600?

cheers
garda

sounds so weird and wrong to buy ht4600 connect to bs2012 :smiley:

whats with nuki ? why they can not help us.
i want to use a opener but i will not pay for something that maybe in the future work and hack it by my self.

If nuki or someone what to get this done give me a opener and i will hack a solution for the community.

hey have you try your solution ?

true, unfortunately no news up to now. would love to hook my bsv2012 up to the nuki opener.
didn’t try the ht4600-hack (yet)

Fellow SKS Nuki Opener users (maybe even HT4600 specifically), I just wanted to inquire whether anyone is actually using the latest firmware version with this “hack” applied (following the great instructions by @Panda and @DominikZ)?

I’ve set this up a couple of years back and it’s been running fine ever since. Only a couple of issues every now and then:

• Sometimes single doorbell rings are detected twice by the Opener

• Sometimes the Opener doesn’t detect the doorbell ring at all

I’ve been wondering whether a firmware update might solve this. But you know, never change a running system, so I’ve kept the old firmware version in fear of maybe breaking this solution completely.

Given that there have been no further updates from Nuki with regards to SKS support, I’ve lost hope for that.

So if anyone is using this setup and it’s been working fine even with firmware updates, please let me know. :slight_smile:

By the way @MatthiasK why have you unlisted this thread? It says that you removed this topic from the topic list on May 30 so it can only be accessed via a direct link. Kinda feels like censorship tbh, but maybe there’s a better explanation for that. Communication is key. :slight_smile: