Ring to Open with a switch

Hello.
Is it possible to connect the Nuki opener to a simple switch? So that ring-to-open does work without a real doorbell? My Nuki opener is connected to a simple door opener. (2 wires) (Relais) (there is no Intercom available)(I only have one RING Video Doorbell at my door) However, the Bluetooth connection for Auto Unlock is too weak and the opener only responds 2 minutes after standing in front of the door…So I would like to connect it to a simple switch, to “rebuild” the ring-to-open function.
If it is possible, could somebody send a wiring plan for this….

Maybe I get your setup wrong, but can’t you use the ring video Bell to open the door?

I think it would be possible to create something on your own:
Ring door triggers event that is recognised by smart home system (e.g. fhem). Fhem checks if opener is in rto mode, fhem send open door command to opener

Unfortunately Ring-to-Open is only available if the Nuki Opener is connected to an intercom, and not to a simple door opener like mine…Yes I could eventually build it with fhem or ioBroker, but here it is not possible to mute the doorbell. Since I also have an analog push button installed next to the ring video doorbell, my idea was, to use it as a ring-to-open doorbell. (In this case the “ring to open doorbell” would only open the door if ring-to-open is active and the ring video doorbell would be my normal doorbell without ring-to-open, if you know what I mean…

Well I got confused by Ring to open (rto) text.
You basically want to the old analog doorbell to trigger that the door is opened if rto is active.
I can’t test this now but can’t you connect the old doorbell with the opener? This should be possible in the app if you configure it.

yeah that’s exactly what I want to. but this old doobell has no signals on it… (so there is no trafo). I only have wires…There is no chime or trafo… only the button with two wires and my Ring video Doorbell next to this button (the ring doorbell is only connected to a trafo without a chime).

If you have WiFi in range, the use of a WiFi-Button like the here discussed in Shelly Button und nuki - #2 by SNikolaus could satisfy your needs.

You might need to use the NukiWeb API to tell the opener to open the door then.

1 Like

so if you have understood correctly you want the following: your ring video bell should open the door via the opener when nuki RTO is active with nuki opener, right?

you can do this simple with a Wifi relais with 12 V
for example this one

on the relais port you connect the ring door bell cable for the door bell . and the configure this with ifttt or the tuya app ( Wifi relais switch on and Virtual RTO device is on then open door with opener . ) for the if rule you must create a virtual switch with on the tuya site . that must be triggered via ifttt when rto is active . otherwise when you opener is near the ring door bell you can connect the ring door bell connectors to nuki opener doorbell input . that must be goes to .
the first opinion is wireless
the second over direct connect

for example i use the tuya T12 wifi rfid keypad that is simple connect to the 12V doorbell power ( via 12v Ac → 12vDc adapter ) , when access granted then the keypad turns on a switch for 3 seconds this switch turns on a Virtual Switch for the same time ( because the keypad is not direct usable in ifttt but a virtual device can help there) and this switch can act in a simple rule on ifttt to trigger nuki opener to open the door .
the keypad cost round about 15€ + ac/dc adapter 8€ a cheap option🤪

and yes i used the tuya cloud for this , and can say that other devices , also the keypad works without any problems and also in under 5 seconds when its right configured.
p.s. the wifi keypad works also without the cloud with homebridge or other iot systems for complete offline modus :upside_down_face:

Not exactly. I want to connect a simple switch to the Nuki opener. I don’t want to connect the ring video doorbell to it. So, Ring to open without a doorbell. I want to rebuild this with a simple switch which only unlocks the door if somebody is coming home, and presses the button. If you know what I mean.
Ps.: Answers are also possible in German. Ich hab die Frage nur auf englisch gestellt, damit ggf. auch Leute mitreden können, die kein Deutsch können.

you can connect your old switch to the relais when you not want to use the ring button to do open the door
[ im oberen Beispiel sparst du dir nur den zusätzlichen Schalter und nutz den Ausgang von RING am Eingang vom Nuki oder am Wifi relais.
ansonsten den alten klingeltaster an das Wifi relais klemmen die oben genannten Regeln programmieren . fertig .]

Ja das könnte funktionieren. Allerdings zeigt mir die Nuki App die Funktion “Ring to Open” gar nicht mehr an, da ich den opener ja nur als Relais verwende…. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit den Punkt wieder einzublenden?

Die Lösung von dir wird nicht funktionieren, da ich keine normale Klingelschaltung im Haus habe. Also die Ring Doobell wird über ein extra Netzteil mit Strom versorgt. Kann das Relais was du geschickt hast, denn ohne Trafo (für den Schalter) betrieben werden?
Die Kabel die derzeit beim opener ankommen sind also alle nicht mit der Ring Video doorbell verbunden….

dazu müsste du den opener auf eine sprechanlagen konfiguration ändern und evtl anders verdrahten , mehr nicht ggf nen schalter anklemmen um durch das setup zu kommen. weiss jetzt nicht ob man einfach da weiter klicken kann :sweat_smile:
wenn der punkt kommt klingeln sie außen usw :joy:

was gibt den dein Ring Trafo an spannung aus ?

18V AC

Es handelt sich um dieses Netzteil:

Ich überlege alternativ einen zweiten Opener zu kaufen. Da ich diese Idee ja nur habe weil die Bluetooth Öffnung nur extrem verzögert funktioniert (da die Distanz vom Tor zum Opener zu groß ist)

Wenn es das standard 24V netteil ist dann brauchst du einen 24V AC auf 24V DC umwandler , das relais oben arbeitet bis DC 32V input

18V AC gehen auch ab halt nur mir AC DC wandler

Ja das schau ich mir morgen nochmal an. Ist aber eine gute Idee :+1: