Nuki 4 pro Matter doesn't work

I have the Nuki 4 pro and would like to use Matter. When I activate it, I get the message Error code: 21

Do you use the iOS or Android App?

I have die Android App

Could you please send us more details using the contact formular (Menu → Help → Contact Customer Support) and please add to the message that they should forward it to me as well, so that I can have a closer look onto it!

Thanks in advance for your help!

I sent the message from the app.

Ran into the issue as well. Taking out the battery and reinserting it worked for me.

Same issue, had to enable matter through parameters / function/ integration / smart home

If I try this way, I get the message that there is no internet connection. But I can control the lock via the internet.
I have no idea what the problem is.
When is Matter support for Alexa actually planned?

Have you completed all steps in the app function/integration nuki web ? You need to add your login informations of the nuki Io website. For what I’ve understood, no need to add nuki on Google home if configured via matter (same as hue) don’t know for anything else android

Nuki Web ist not needed for Matter.
It is only needed if you want to use the Google or Amazon Cloud integrations, which have already been available for the older Smart Locks.

It’s a problem on Amazon side which they have to fix in their Matter implementation. Release timeline is therefore also up to them, but looks like “early 2024”.

Good catch. Seems that the problem with Error: 21 only appears when trying to activate Matter via the welcome flow in the initial setup of the Smart Lock.

1 Like

The initial question was : If I try this way, I get the message that there is no internet connection

Have you completed all steps in the app function/integration nuki web ?

Nuki Web ist not needed for Matter.
It is only needed if you want to use the Google or Amazon Cloud integrations, which have already been available for the older Smart Locks.

Yes but it is still “mandatory” during the configuration steps.
I have removed it from Google home after matter configuration and seems to be working fine with matter only enabled

Question : does nuki lock updates still requires wifi connection or every thing can be done via matter/ threads ?
In which case we do not need anymore wifi connection or maybe for another use case?

Question : does nuki lock updates still requires wifi connection or every thing can be done via matter/ threads ?

As stated in Nuki now supports Matter - Nuki and various other articles, remote access via Thread will come early 2024.

Hello all, I’m facing the same issue with the app saying I have no internet connection when trying to activate.
Using Android 13. Just sent a ticket via the app too.

I am facing a similar if not the same issue here.
Whenever I try to activate Matter, it gives me the error that I need to be in bluetooth range.

I am using a Pixel 6 android device, and no matter what I do i cannot activae Matter (pun intended…)

I already tried different things:

• Updated the Nuki 4 Pro
  • enroled to beta and updated to 4.2.3 beta
  • latest Android App
  • enroled Android beta
  • reset of Nuki and new setup.
  • on Android I activated/deactivated Wifi
  • on the lock I activated/deactivated Wifi

Is this a device issue with bluetooth? (normal bluetooth for opening the door is working flawlessly).

I am running 2 Thread border routers at home, one on Home Assistant and Thread is definitely working. (Smart Lock (4th Generation) - Set up Home Assistant for Remote Access via Thread).

I am happy do do some debugging, if needed, so let me know.
Will try to activate Matter with an Iphone now (which i do not like at all…) :confused:

This is a know issue. See:

Only workaround for the time beeing is to use an iPhone or try another Android phone. Will be fixed in the next Android App beta.