Nuki 3.0 Pro Connectivity Issues with MQTT Broker on Home Assistant

I have the same problem. I have unifi ap and mosquitto mqtt over home assistanr os

1 Like

The last update 3.8.2 fix the problem
Thanks !

@Aviv_Simhi How did you get 3.8.2? I have 3.7.7 despite having automatic updates in place.

join to beta program

1 Like

The version 3.8.2 beta still has connectivity problems for time to time
less than 3.8.1 or 3.7.7 but still happens

Thank you very much for reporting the beta software’s status. Bad to hear that the problem seems to remain… When after the next stable software update the MQTT integration will still be so unreliable one can only suggest to do without MQTT. This would really be sad as the MQTT approach basically is a very good one.

1 Like

I could extract some lines of the Mosquitto broker log. They show what happens when two of my Nuki locks suddenly became unavailable:
2024-02-21 11:03:36: Client SL3P_2Cxxxxxx has exceeded timeout, disconnecting. [...] 2024-02-21 11:08:54: Client SL3P_2Fxxxxxx has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.
Later then one of the locks signaled its status again:
2024-02-21 11:24:33: New connection from 192.168.179.5:52477 on port 1883. 2024-02-21 11:24:33: New client connected from 192.168.179.5:52477 as SL3P_2B84AF74 (p2, c1, k300, u'username').
Just to give a small hint what the problem might be. The reason for the sudden timeout as well as the spontaneous reconnection remain unclear, of course.

1 Like

Any update on that topic?
I have 4 Pro happens also, ~2-3 hours after reconnecting,
I use EMQX as MQTT Broker and message in logs is bit more detailed with the reason:

msg: dropped_qos2_packet, mfa: emqx_session:drop_qos2_msg/3, line: 393, peername: 192.168.X.X:Y, clientid: Nuki_REDACTED, topic: nuki/REDACTED/lockActionEvent, packet_id: 44921, reason: packet_identifier_inuse

thanks

same issue with firmware 4.1.8 on nuki 3, I have these big gaps of hours where the device becomes unreachable by homeassistant

1 Like

Again had to reset the mqtt connection, it took 5 consecutive attempts for the device to finally re-connect, is anyone actually looking into it? Its so flacky its beyond useless

1 Like

You are posting in a Smart Lock 3.0 thread. There is a seperate topic for 4th gen and yes, there have been many changes in recent betas:

There are still problems with the MQTT connection.
The Wifi connection is stable, I use ubiquiti AP’s

After my weekly update and restart of Homeassistant and MQTT Broker, my locks become unavailable in Homeassistant.
24h later they are still unavailable.

Locks are on version 3.8.7

After I re-entered the MQTT password in the mqtt settings, the entries in homeassistant/lock/… were published again and the locks were available in Homeassistant

2 Likes

And like it is always at Nuki if you have Problems… Nothing real helpful happens.
Since Months I have Problems with my Android Phone to simply open the Nuki if i am at my Door.
About 1 Year ago the Nuki worked fine in that case with older Firmware!
To me it feels like with every new Version there are more Bugs than it would be an Improvement!