Elcom i2 Bus (BVM-100)

Hi Tobias, I also have the Elcom BFT 200 and was reading about an installation with an additional board RSR-200. Unfortunately I am just a normal consumer and reading to the instructions isn’t that easy to follow. Would it be possible to get more pictures for every step, so I can follow the instructions and do the installation myself. I am very handy, but no professional. Would be really great to get your support. Thanks in advance, you would be a big help, Felix

I also have an Elcom BFT-210WS and would be very interested in a compatibility with the opener. That avoids me investing in the NUKI system yet.

Any new developments there?
ThanX to all

1 Like

So I finally got it running with my Elcom BHT200!

Things needed:
BSR-200 Module as stated by Tobias and also Florian, thank you guys!

I soldered 2 cables on the front connections of the board (Blue and Purple Cable) you don’t need to solder it on the backside with the black coating.

Ring detection yellow to BUS+ as already mentioned but make sure to follow the procedure in the app precisely! (Ring - door not open - Ring etc. To let the Nuki learn the different voltages)

I am writing on my phone and edit this entry tomorrow with some proper images :slight_smile:

caution!! The colors must be switched, since I soldered them the wrong way around :smiley:

I will make sure to show my exact wiring, at the moment I am using my quick and dirty setup which works :grin:

Ring to open + opening works like a charm!

Can’t we use the relay function 3 directly? If so what would be the generic cabling?

I might have thought of S4 in function 3 with blue wire, S5 in function 7 with yellow wire… and the GND should be?

Jean

Top: Nuki Ring Detection (yellow) (Relais K)
Below: BUS+ in white to Relais (2nd K)
Module used: RSR-200

And here my working quick and easy cable setup - please follow the colors from the NUKI side - I tried my best on Paint.

So advice:
SOlder to the fronside / Attach with some glue or whatever, you can use this contact here and it will work like a charm, if you are using a RSR-200 Module :wink:

I had an small typo, since I don’t have a BSR-200 installed. I am using an RSR-200 only, which is about 20-30€ and far cheaper than an BSR-200 with its price of 90€+++.

Maybe you can use the BSR-200, but the ring detection has to work properly, maybe you can skip the activation mode in that case. But I won’t be able to test it, I am living in a rented flat where I wont be upgrading the house ringsystems :wink:

Down here a bit less successful. I did connect the BSR200 (which is a 2 way relay) and set it up that way:
a and b from i2 going both to my BVM-100 and the BSR 200. From the BSR200, I connect (contact 1) NO with blue wire, Common with GRD (purple) with the setting “pressing door release button on idle and during conversation state”. Second connector in “door call mode” with yellow cable on NO and GRD on Common (contact 2).

When someone rings I can see voltage on the second connector light (contact 2 active), and when I press the open door button I can see voltage on the first connector (contact 1 active).

I did try to set up the opener in generic/analog but no chance, I don’t even see the status light (so contact 1 ain’t active) on on the BSR200 when the Opener is supposed to send the opening voltage.

I guess I missed something…

OK, I was wrong with the functioning of relay. I somehow thought it was a two way communication…
OK, next try will be to use the door call as relay, and follow previous instructions to use the Bus+ and blue and purple on the open door switch contacts of the board.
My BVM-100 need to be in communication to be able to send the door open command. Thus I will use the second relay to “open” the contact switch of the handset (which is on C-NC). I’m thinking of using the function “when pressing the door release button” to activate the second relay.

There the call open the first relay which gives voltage to the ring signal of the Opener, which opens the door via its internal relay, that action would trigger the second relay to “switch on the conversation”. Both relays have a 10 s timeout. That should work…

I’ll report then

Hi Tobias,

thank you for sharing your experience. Did it work out for you and do you maybe have a picture of the end situation? I have the same print as in your picture, which is different from the print in picture further in this thread. Where did you solder the cables on the print?

Kind regards,
Ronald

Hi Ronald,

I think there a “smaller” version of the board out there with less buttons available. The procedure is a bit different, since you cannot solder on the backside and need to solder on the “button” of the board.

Colors of the cables are accordingly to the NUKI Opener!

Pictures are scaled 50% :wink:

1 Like

So I recently followed @Schiemanskie‘s instruction on how to make the opener work with the ELCOM BHT-200 and it works like a charm. It’s a little bit of work to set it up properly but I feel like it’s worth it.

Great, thank you Florian!

Any news about officially supporting i2 and BVF510WS (in my case)? This workaround seems to be bit complicated for me.

Hi there,

I found this really very good explanations here - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!
Today I finally found some time to setup my stuff following the instructions from @Thyraz!

But my setup is a little bit different. I did not want to change the existing hardware so I bought a BFT-200 (it is quite cheap) and also installed a RSR-200 in there.
I did all the wiring (adding some clamps in between so I can easily change things in case of any need.

Finally I added the new (3rd) console (the other two are BVT-200) to the bus using the same address.

Good things first :slight_smile:

• When I ring the door bell a red LED turns on in the new BFT-200. Looks to me like addressing is working fine.
  • When I then click on open (NUKI App) the door opens. Ringing the bell is always needed to open the door.

What is not working :frowning:

• The Nuki App tells me that it could not detect a ring cable.
  • So ring to open is not working.
  • Also no sound is played on the new BFT-200 when someone is ringing (although the LED is turning on) what actually would not be a problem to me but might be a hint for finding the problem.

I tried to figure out, why the ring cable is not detected and measured the voltage on the relais clamp (between yellow cable (ring) and white cable (b-)) when I rang the bell. But unfortunately it is zero.
I also measured between the other K clamp (green cable (a+) and white cable (b-)) and it is around 18V - seems to be fine.
That looks to me, like the RSR-200 is not detecting the ring but I am very unsure as I am really a newbie in that area.

Every hint is very welcome!

Thanks

1 Like

PS: I guess I was wrong. I did a further test right now, taking a video, of the multimeter measuring the voltage between the white cable (b-) and the yellow cable (ring) which actually is the “output” of the relais.
It shows roughly 17V (but might be more for short amount of time due to the latency of my crappy multimeter) right at the moment it rings :+1:
So actually things seem to be wired correctly but the Nuki Opener still does not recognize it.
Does anyone know how fast the Nuki recognizes that input? Should I even add a condensator in parallel from white to yellow?

Update:
I did a stupid error during setup. Now I switched to Model “Generic | analogue”. But unfortunately ring to open still does not work. Even the protocol does not show any rings.

What do You actually mean by “follow the procedure in the app precisely”? Could You please point out the possible pitfalls?
Ring detection on my BFT-200 is yet not working :frowning:

Edit: I guess I got it now :smiley:

It finally works. The yellow cable (ring) had no contact :see_no_evil:

Someone an idea how I can manage an integration like this with an BVF 200?