ALCAD TED-001 Digital 2 Wire

Hello everyone.

After I used and I am very happy with all Nuki Stuff, I am tried to install Nuki in my parents home while I found some “problems” with Opener.

My parents Intercom is 2 wire so I think I should install like Michel Mayoral said in this post but not sure because I saw that some Intercoms need a resistance and I do not want to burn it and need to buy a new one find it out how to install…

The Intercom is an:
ALCAD
TED-001 E7

You can see the pictures of the intercom inside with front and back of the circuit.

My knowledge about electronics is very lower-basic.

Regards and thanks for your time.

Looks like a BUS System.
For this you need just the two wires of the first picture :blush:
I would try the config for BUS Systems.

Thank you I’ll try and report!

I tried but I got some errors after I setup with debug mode active and latest stable firmware which is 1.4.6

I connected:

“BUS -” and Nuki Black together as is in the pic.
Green and orange together where was the Brown (“BUS +”) in the picture.
“BUS +” (brown in pic) to the clamp and also to the clamp red and yellow.

I got the errors in the pics.

:cry:

Did you try to change the cables? Not always is BUS+ how it seems.
Try the way from this plan :blush:

I will try to change BUS+ and BUS- by the way but yes, that’s the schema I used.

BTW. In other topics wrote some ppl to add just the red and black cable works too.
Red in to BUS+ and Black in to BUS- both as second cable without remove on :blush:

I’ll try, thank you!

Does not work :cry:

Anyone can help?

Any news with your Alcad intercom?

No, sorry. Finally I just did not install it because I got a code for the Intercom and now I can go in with a password.

Anyway if someone can fix it or want me to test I can do it, but this installation is not on my house so I would need the test you want to make.

I have the same and still not found how to make it work.
Contacted with Nuki Support but still not supported.
Found some useful information here:

Definitely a bus system, ring call is detected, but opener signal does not. Also is needed to hang up to open manually.

Anyone make it work? Any workaround?
Can it be tested as other door without hang up the speaker?

Best Regards

Enrique

I have made it working, but just by a small hack. My TED-001 does not require to pick up the phone for opening the lock. So I have just installed the Nuki opener as “Other door” and connected blue and purple wires to phone´s lock button pins. So opener does the remote button press for me if I stand outside. I just have to ring my apartment to open the channel. Simple and perfectly working

How were you able to get around the need for picking up the phone before you are able to open the doors? I can’t do that with my TED-001 phone. Was it some kind of a hardware hack on the phone itself - I was thinking of tweaking it for sure - or some settings you did on the main unit (which I can’t do as I don’t own it, I have just access to the phone itself)

The point is - it is not necessary to pick up the phone. I did a test before ordering the opener. For my system (Alcad MAN470 with phone TED-001) you just have to open the communication channel between door unit and phone by ringing your apartment. Then you can just press the button to open door.

1 Like

So you get “only” a virtual button press by phone but no Ring suppression or Ring to open functionality, as you are not connected to the bus itself but just the button, right?

Exactly. The rest is simply not possible at this moment (on this type of bus). But positive part is - you can reach your home without keys :sunglasses:

1 Like

That is right, using Nuki opener as other door works. I was wondering… as Nuki opener can detect a call in the bus, is it possible a mix of detect call signal and bridge the lock button pin (blue and purple wires) as “Other doors” configuration?

Like this, if detect a call, can directly open without opening the app, if desired.

Best regards.

Update: Connecting the yellow cable (ring detection) to the yellow cable of interfone, detect the call and the door can be opened automatically, when confugured as Ring to open.

(Thanks Georg Sixt

Set it up the analogue way (Generic > Analogue)
howtoguide_opener_EN.pdf (332.1 KB)