ABB or Busch Welcome series

for the opener configurator finish to work and detect it I had to reverse the red wires to B and black to A. but when calling the telephone the opener never finds out. I have also configured it as that the telephone requires activation since it must be called before giving the open button, but without success either. Please, any test you can think of is welcome

Another one with this ABB Welcome. I just finished the cable configuration, tomorrow I will check the Opener configuration by app.

My intercom is: ABB M2230 model with video

Ring detection is still not working properly on the ABB Systems, as part of the signal at the end of the ring signal is encoded and keeps changing. We could try lowering the relative comparison range for the signal, but this may result in unwanted ring detections (e.g. from your neighbours)

I think that @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto, @palvarez and I have the same ABB Welcome video handsets in our homes.
If you need extra testing or mesurement of signal let me know and I will help. I work in IT segment so maybe I can help you guys giving support for this equipment.

Hi Ivan,
the reason why you have to do that is because our ABB Welcome ignore polatity of cables but opener does not. To be more Opener compilant I changed the instalation cables from A to B and viceversa, now the Opener cable are in place.

Thanks Daniel, if that was detected by the opener configurator and it told me that I should reverse the cables.

Now let’s see if we can advance something to be able to use our opener.

I also work in the IT segment, so I also offer myself for any test that is necessary.

Exactly @dushu, i have the same intercom. I tried to change the connection of the Opener cables: black to A and red to B as @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto suggests, but still not working

Hope we can find some ideas from NUKI (@Georg_S)

Thanks!!!

If your Opener was configurated remotely by Nuki you must reset it to be capable of using the new ABB Generic configuration. Try that.

What do you mean by “reseting” it? I updated last app configuration and reset the opener from 0.

If the ABB welcome ignore polarity , should I change both opener and ABB cables? I mean, red (opener and ABB) to B and black (opener and ABB) to A?

Thank you!

Regarding the cable setup, I meant that the ABB handset ignores the polatity of cables, you can change them and the intercom will continue to work. The reason why I changed mines is to match the Nuki guide. I changed the 2 cables position so I can connect the RED to A and BLACK to B, just in caso we need to continue doing tests.

To reset the Opener I deleted it from the app and add it again, this will reset the opener to factory.

Are you sure that deleting the opener from the app will reset it? I think you have to make it from the nuki app.

Worked for me

Summing up, at this point, is there anyone with ABB Welcome who worked opener with the intercom? If so, could you please explain how should we connect it?

Thank you in advance
 hope we can find a solution!!!

Hi!
Connect red cable to a1 and black cable to b1

Do a reconfiguration of your Opener and follow the steps without rewiring. We are not sure yet, why the standard wiring in setup does not work, we will keep you updated.

Brand: “ABB Busch-Jaeger”
Model: “Generic (Beta)”

If you get stuck at the screen telling you, that the wiring is not standard, exchange red and black wires and try again.

Hi!

Tried both configurations, with red-A Black-B and Black-A Red-B and not working in any case
 Stuck at “Wiring is not standard”

I assume the rest of the Nuki wires should be disconnected, is it?

Please double-check, if the Opener is correctly connected to the wires. This screen pops up, if the Opener can’t measure any voltage on the bus line or if it has the wrong polarity.

Made this tries:

• Red ABB with Red Opener: A, Black ABB Black Opener:B - “Wiring is not standard”
  • Red ABB with Black Opener: A, Black ABB Red Opener:B - “Wiring is not standard”
  • Red ABB with Red Opener: B, Black ABB Black Opener:A - “Wiring is not standard”

Tried all combinations with black and red. The other Opener wires are not connected anywhere
 that is how it should be, isn`t it?

In all combinations i made, ABB works properly. But Opener keeps on giving me the same message

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help, i’m sure we are going to find a solution!!!

I will try to summarize the problem I’m having, and the problem Pedro and Ivan have.
My home setup is the following:

Door A - Outside door - Access to the common zones

Door B - The block door - Access to the inside of the block

My flat door - Smart look powered

Setup process:
1 - Stay near Opener, configure it. The app said to go outside to continue the process.
2 - Go to the main neiborhood door (Door A)
3 - Click next. Then call the house.
4 - Click in “open the door” → The door OPENS
5 - Call again to house to auto unlock it → The door DOESN’T open
6 - Your setup needs activation? Click yes
7 - Repeat the steps
 The door open the first time but not the second
8 - The only way to finish the setup is saying: “The door opened?” “yes” even if the door doesn’t open the second time.

Pedro did you deleted the opener in the app and add it again?
Try this please.

Then
Red to A and Black to B
If Opener sais “Wiring is not standard” change the main cables from A to B and B to A but keep red in A and Black in B.

Spanish:
Pedro, borra el opener de la app y vuelve a añadirlo, si Fidan o alguno han hecho un setup especifico para tu opener no usa el estandar actual que han sacado nuevo.

Luego deja el rojo en A y el negro en B y si te dice que los cables estan mal intercambia los cables que vienen de la calle al porterillo. El porterillo ignora la polaridad pero el Opener no. Por lo que si mantienes el rojo en A y el negro en B y te da error cambia los cables que vienen de la calle.

Hi, Thank you for the answer

Daniel (in Spanish): He borrado el opener de la app, y he conectado los cables negro y rojo de las tres maneras posibles que hay
 es decir, incluye la forma de conexiĂłn que tĂș me dices: El Rojo del Opener en A y el Negro en B: moviendo sĂłlo los del telefonillo (Primero rojo en A y luego en B)

ÂżPodrĂ­as mandar una foto de cĂłmo lo tienes conectado? Porque a ti parece que te funciona por lo menos Âżno?