ABB or Busch Welcome series

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort.
Also man könnte den Opener kaufen, allerdings funktioniert die Ring to open Funktion nicht.
Gibt es eigentlich Alternativen?

People getting creative while Nuki do not deliver answers :wink:

“Print it” yourself :smiley:

NUKI - we need you <3

1 Like

Genau, also die ring-to-open funktioniert nicht.
du erhälst auch keine benachrichtigung wenn jemand klingelt per push notification.

du kannst aber per app remote oder manuellen button klick die tür öffnen.

es gibt meiner meinung nach kein konkurrenz-produkt welches so viele features wie der nuki opener hat. daher würde ich noch abwarten bis ein firmware update mit busch jaeger sprechanlagen kommt. immerhin kann man die tür bereits jetzt öffnen…

Hi @fidan, first of all, thanks for your engagement in this topic.

I see that quite a few people share the same issues with the Busch-Jaeger openers and that some of them have it working at least with limited functionality, that is great!

I was following the thread and noticed that I have the exact same opener as you, the Bush-Jaeger 83205.
Would you please be so king to share here what were the steps you did to achieve the limited functionality you mentioned you have at the moment?

Thank you so much, Cheers!

hi @Humberto_Felizzola
you‘re welcome!

I‘ve posted it above

but here are steps again:

• connect red to a1
  • connect black to b1
  • update the opener
  • set pin to 0000
  • send invitation to georg
  • do the setup with generic > bus (generic)
  • skip the step with ring to open and just press yes

ring to open function will not work now

please also check whether all cables are connected correctly and maybe make a check whether there is really electricity going through to the abb intercom.

1 Like

Thx Fidan!

Sorry, I saw your post before but some steps were not clear so I thought maybe some info was missing. I am new to the Nuki products and to configuring them, so it took me some exploration of the app to understand what you meant by set pin to 0000 and send invitation to georg =D. Also, these are strange steps, hehe.

But I just did them for no success unfortunately. At the end when clicking configure in the app it quickly responds with a message “The installation of your intercom system does not comply with the standard”

Here is some more information about what I did, hopefully either you or someone else can check and help me further, thank you all in advance!

Ring info:

• Manufacturer: Bush-Jaeger
  • Model: 83205

Nuki info:

• App version: 2.7.2(iOS)
  • Opener Firmware version: 1.6.2

Steps:

• I connected red to a1 and black to b1, I connected only these two wires, the remaining wires from the opener are disconnected;
  • Opener pin is set to 0000 in the app;
  • Create an invitation for user named “georg”
  • Started configuration by clicking “Reconfigure Opener” in app;
  • Chose: Intercom -> Generic -> Bus(Generic) -> Continued until the configure button appears
  • When clocking configure, it fails immediately

Screenshots and pictures(Sorry as new user I cannot upload pictures, so I put them on a Google Drive folder and here is the link to it): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hf9QEYN6743YbMHP_yhz6ZX3lNR5gQSb?usp=sharing

Hopefully we can figure out what I missed together!

Cheers!

@Humberto_Felizzola you have to wait until @Georg_S will set your opener, that you can use it with a abb intercom.

did you alreay write him and got a response?

for more information maybe you have to ask georg, because I‘m not working for nuki.

no I did not, this was one of the steps I did not understand. I get it now, thx!

ok, then, @Georg_S can you please check the issue I got with the description sent above?

Many thanks, Cheers!

Hello @Georg_S, could you please check my questions above or please guide me on how to solve this issue in a different way? Thank you!

Sent you a PM

Hello @Georg_S,
I Sent you an invitation.
After setting up like @fidan said.

Thanks for helping me.

Hi @Georg_S,

I sent you an invitation via PM as well.

Thx Ben

They working hard…

1 Like

would be great if everyone can subscribe here:

so the nuki team will see, that there are a lot of people who are using an abb/busch-jaeger intercom.

2 Likes

Same here - B&J Welcome.
I adressed my setup to Nuki. HTH.

I have an ABB Welcome. I would like to open the building portal and the street portal.

I have tried both configurations the app suggested me: connecting B1 cable with red and yellow and the rest of the cables to B1, which didn’t work so the app told me another config. This time was connecting B1 cable with red and yellow, black in A1 and the rest of the cables to B1. At least with the second config, the ABB works, but trying the configuration to open the door seems imposible. The only way I can hear the building portal to open from the ABB is when I select the correct portal and push the open button so I think I need to interact with the intercom first and the push the open button in the app. When I try that setup it doesn’t open the door. Someone can help me?

Hello Raul, I also have an ABB Welcome and I am in the same situation as you. I have been unable to interact with the opener

Any news about it I will be very grateful

did you tried the steps above in my post?

here is the post:

and please do not forget to send a private message to georg, he will activate your nuki opener.

Is there anyone else from Nuki who can program the opener? I received mine on December 15 and reached out to George at the same day. But unfortunately he seams to be offline since December 14.

Hi ppl,

I bought my opener some days ago, but I wasn’t able to get it running on my Busch Jäger ABB.

@Georg_S may I ask for your assistance as well?

Happy New year to all of you

Best wishes
Simi