ABB or Busch Welcome series

Hi Fidan, have tried wit Georg on the new settings but I was unsure on the wiring … you connected red directly on a1 together with the bus wire from the house installation, and black on b1 also together with the bus wire from the original installation ? In this no other wires needed (like on the generic bus installation mentioned) ? Thanks Fidan for your feedback …

Yes, you can update your Opener, even with special settings. I would recommend waiting for the upcoming live release, as many improvements have been implemented

1 Like

wie gesagt:
rotes kabal auf a1
schwarzes kabel auf b1

danach das setup durchmachen mit Generic > Bus (Generic).
es funktioniert aber nur tür öffnen per app oder knopfdruck.

ring-to-open funktion, geht leider bisher noch nicht.
da ist @Georg_S und sein team noch dran, soweit ich weiss.

1 Like

Hi Fidan,
Tried yesterday with the wireing, red on A1 and black on b1 (keeping the original installation) plus the new settings set by @Georg_S of the beta software for the Opener.

Opener works and could learn the signal for open door and the ring signal. Ring to open not tried yet.

Can now use the Opener and will report if there are any issues but wanted to thank @Juergen and @Georg_S for the support but also you @Fidan to have helped to enable future users for the ABB solutions here in :switzerland:

2 Likes

Hi,
Is the opener finally working with ABB/Busch series?

Hi,
its currently on beta test, check the messages from Georg…
Ciao Stefan

Seitdem Update auf 1.5.1 ist bei mir die ABB Konfiguration verloren gegangen. Die Neukonfiguration scheitert schon bei der Klingelerkennung. Hat jemand das gleiche Problem?

Dear all,
I got my “beta” version yesterday and tried to configure the Opener. It works somehow, opening the door and getting the ring tone, but when in the configuration steps I’ve to test the “ring to open”, like the others it’s not working. My main problem then is that i cannot successfully complete the configuration and the Opener is left in a half-baked state, randomly prompting to finish the configuration OR showing the “open door” button (which, when present it indeed works). I also realised that I’m stuck with the 1.4.6 fw version, while z.B. Maxi before me has a 1.5.1 fw. Is it possible le with the 1.5.1 to configure the door opening and skipping the “ring to open” part? Alternatively how can i help @devs to make the “ring to open” work and in my case finish the configuration steps !?
Tnx,
-j

Hi @all just installed the opener yesterday after I found this thread and the hints from @fidan . I have the model from Busch Jaeger installed (83210 AP-624). Now I asked @Georg_S for the beta, let’s see how it goes.

@John_Fiamazo I’m also stuck with fw 1.4.6 hope there are no different hardware revisions.

UPDATE: I got now the needed parameter set from @Georg_S. So the fastest way is to reset temporary the opener pin to 0000 and send an invitation to Georg. Now it works just fine with a Busch Jaeger AP-624 module. Only the “Ring to Open” option didn’t work yet.

1 Like

I have the opener with ABB Welcome and it not work, send MP to @Georg_S with invitation

Thanks!

Guys,

What was the process of setting up? My opener learns all the signals but doesn’t open the door afterwards.
Settings were updated by Georg already after invitation.

Did you request the special ABB settings from @Georg_S ?
After that you need to reconfigure your opener, then it should work.

Yes. All parameters set. Red on a1 and black on b1. The configuration senses the door open signal then senses the ring signal. After that it says to press open door but the door doesn’t open. I have tried this several times without success.

I have the same situation that Utkarsh Singh with a Abb Welcome!

Same here. The Opener get the open signal but doesn’t open.

Hello @all.
Any suggestions as to help @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto, @dushu and myself?

I bought the opener with the hopes of it to work.

1 Like

I bought it too with that hope and the refund time past in Amazon, :joy:

@Utkarsh_Singh, @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto & @dushu

normally it should work like described above.

so steps would be:

• connect red to a1
  • connect black to b1
  • update the opener
  • set pin to 0000
  • send invitation to georg
  • do the setup with generic > bus (generic)
  • skip the step with ring to open and just press yes

ring to open function will not work now
there are a lot of people here in the forum and it is working, so maybe you have to go through every step and find the problem

please also check whether all cables are connected correctly and maybe make a check whether there is really electricity going through to the abb intercom.

3 Likes

Hi @fidan,

The steps were the same as described. I am not sure why it is not working. The ABB has electricity since I can use it normally without the opener. @Georg_S has taken control twice to do the settings, however, it doesn’t work.

I have Busch Welcome Innenstation Audio.