ABB or Busch Welcome series

exactly and if you go little bit more up, there also screen how to connect the intercom.

and as georg mentioned, it should work now without sending an invitation to georg with the latest firmware (version 1.6.4) of the opener. so probably you can choose now the abb/busch jaeger intercom in the setup.

should be in brand: generic or abb/busch jaeger
you have to try it out.

Connected red to “a”, black yo “b”. version 1.6.4 selected ABB and not working…

I only connected red and black NUKI cables, is that correct? the aother NUKI cables not connected…

I’d appreciate any help :slight_smile: Thank you!

Just give me some hours, I will reset my opener.
and the try to figure out if it is working or not.

1 Like

@Georg_S
I’ve tried to setup the opener with the abb/busch-jaeger intercom.
It’s not working on both methods.

My Steps in the App

• Reset opener
  • Choose “Intercom” (left square)
  • Choose Brand: “ABB Busch-Jaeger”
  • Choose Model “Generic (Beta)”

First step is the same:

• Put the cable from b1 into clamp
  • Then put yellow and red cable from opener into the other slot.

Then there are two ways to do it
First way:

• black cable to a1
  • violet, blue, green and orange into b1

Second way

• violet, blue, green, orange and black into b1

When I’m doing the first way, my intercom is not working.
At least with the second way, my intercom is still working.

the color cables looks like this:

and the clamp like this:

and when I’m trying to do the configuration to ring the bell etc.
I get this error message:

I’ve tried the first and second way but I still get the same error message.

@Georg_S & @Juergen: so my opener is not working anymore.
do you have any advice? because I can not set it to generic > generic anymore.

thanks for your help.

2 Likes

The same with me Fidan. Tried xactly the same as the app suggets, and it’s not working

2 Likes

UPDATE 15.01.2021
@pedro, @lato, @bkhd

Now it’s working again, with the old configuration

do settings as follow.

intercom / opener

• red cable to a1
  • black cable to b1

then in the app, reset opener as follow:

• Reset opener
  • Choose “Intercom” (left square)
  • Choose Brand: “ABB Busch-Jaeger”
  • Choose Model “Generic (Beta)”

Please note: ring-to-open function will still not work.

If I have any news about this, I will post it into the forum.

Hi Fidan (@fidan)

I connected the cables as you said, and done the reset in app and nothing happens…

I attach some pics of the installation to see if i have something wrong.

Thank you!!

IMG-0785|666x500

hi pedro
I think you don‘t have the same intercom like the others.

we have ports like a1 and b1

it is a litte bit strange, but you have to leave the original cables like it was on your intercom. then just add the red and black cable.

I think there was another guy (I think this guy @bkhd) in the forum with the same intercom, try to contact him. probably he can help you.

1 Like

My Intercom looks different in the inside than the one @Pedro has.

I tried out the Generic settings, and it works fine. Thx.

Hi @fidan

It happens to me like @palvarez and it seems that I have an ABb Welcome similar to his.
I have tried with the combinations of cables that they indicate, and I get that the intercom works, but the opener does not detect when they call

I follow the post from months and in the past @Georg_S run the initial config but for me was imposible it work.

I will be very grateful for any help since I have not been able to use it yet

1 Like

Hi @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto and @fidan

My ABB is like yours Ivan I think. Did you connected red to A and black to B? I have exactly the same connections as you. And my ABB works ok but opener cannot be configured…

Let’s see if @Georg_S has any clue about it and help us :wink:

Thanks in advance!!

for the opener configurator finish to work and detect it I had to reverse the red wires to B and black to A. but when calling the telephone the opener never finds out. I have also configured it as that the telephone requires activation since it must be called before giving the open button, but without success either. Please, any test you can think of is welcome

Another one with this ABB Welcome. I just finished the cable configuration, tomorrow I will check the Opener configuration by app.

My intercom is: ABB M2230 model with video

Ring detection is still not working properly on the ABB Systems, as part of the signal at the end of the ring signal is encoded and keeps changing. We could try lowering the relative comparison range for the signal, but this may result in unwanted ring detections (e.g. from your neighbours)

I think that @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto, @palvarez and I have the same ABB Welcome video handsets in our homes.
If you need extra testing or mesurement of signal let me know and I will help. I work in IT segment so maybe I can help you guys giving support for this equipment.

Hi Ivan,
the reason why you have to do that is because our ABB Welcome ignore polatity of cables but opener does not. To be more Opener compilant I changed the instalation cables from A to B and viceversa, now the Opener cable are in place.

Thanks Daniel, if that was detected by the opener configurator and it told me that I should reverse the cables.

Now let’s see if we can advance something to be able to use our opener.

I also work in the IT segment, so I also offer myself for any test that is necessary.

Exactly @dushu, i have the same intercom. I tried to change the connection of the Opener cables: black to A and red to B as @Ivan_Garcia_Corroto suggests, but still not working…

Hope we can find some ideas from NUKI (@Georg_S)

Thanks!!!

If your Opener was configurated remotely by Nuki you must reset it to be capable of using the new ABB Generic configuration. Try that.

What do you mean by “reseting” it? I updated last app configuration and reset the opener from 0.

If the ABB welcome ignore polarity , should I change both opener and ABB cables? I mean, red (opener and ABB) to B and black (opener and ABB) to A?

Thank you!