Use Opener without bridge on new Nuki Lock 3.0 Pro

Product name

Nuki Lock 3.0 Pro

Summary

Use Opener without bridge on new Nuki Lock 3.0 Pro

Great! I could not put the link

Yes, I bought smart lock 3.0 Pro, that is more expensive, because it don’t need the bridge. Of i know that i need to buy the bridge, I had bought the cheaper normal smart lock 3.0.

I think that the opener will work with it, also it’s not clear in NUKI web.

What’s the advantage of smart lock without bridge needed, but you need to buy it if you want the opener?

Please, make a firmware update to the opener to work with the smart lock 3.0 pro that has Bluetooth and wifi (like the bridge), and firmware update to the smart lock 3.0 pro to do it as bridge.

Regards.

13 Likes

Thats a clear MUST for the Nuki company.
It is a pure software/firmware issue.

If Nuki wishes to be a “Green” company, it should update the Nuki Lock 3.0 Pro Firmware to allow usage with the opener without an additional Bridge.
Otherwise we produce unnecessary waste and use ressources creating another piece of electronics/plastic which could be avoided. Not to mention the additional cost for the end user.

Updating here would be the most resourceful action from any perspective in line with Nuki’s “Green” statement.

WHat is Nuki’s response to this here?

7 Likes

That seems to be quite a doubling from here: Local API on SL3 (Pro) - #4 by pubal

This is what’s keeping me to finally order the Nuki. I’m just so tired of plastic boxes everywhere!

7 Likes

Would love to see this happen!

Like @Serandel said - it’s keeping me from order Nuki - especially because it’s only a software “issue”.

4 Likes

Is there anything we can do to get this on to the roadmap… I have to copy the previous statement. I was about to upgrade from 2 to 3.0Pro but only because of the retirement of the Bridge which isn’t possible as I’m using the opener.

1 Like

I just bought an pro 3.0 and an opener because Nuki stated that the bridge is no longer needed. Now I regret doing this as the opener does not work simply via the wifi connection of the pro 3.0. This is very unfortunate and I am thinking about sending it all back (as it cannot replace my key this way)

Otherwise I would have just bought the normal lock and with bridge (and not pro)…

@nukiDevelopers is this feature coming soon?

2 Likes

I’d add also: Configure the KeyPad remotely with Nuki 3.0 Pro without Bridge.
(adding/removing keys, …)

Currently the KeyPad page mentions that it needs the Bridge for adding new codes remotely:
“With the Nuki Bridge, you can also assign 6-digit access codes when you’re on the road.”

So currently the Nuki 3.0 Pro is not great for AirBnbs.

1 Like

The Keypad codes are stored inside the Smart Lock, therefore remote access (either via Bridge or the built in Wifi) is sufficient to manage codes from remote.

Thanks for the clarification @Juergen

But from the Keypad page: Nuki Keypad - Retrofittable code lock - Extension for the Nuki Smart Lock

These 2 sentences:
“With the Nuki Bridge, you can also assign 6-digit access codes when you’re on the road.”
and
“However, we recommend that you purchase the Nuki Bridge so that you can remotely access your Nuki Smart Lock and conveniently assign access codes remotely.”
(This last one is inside the answer to the question: " Do I also need a Nuki Bridge to use the Keypad?")

Seem to indicate otherwise.
Probably they were unchanged from before the Nuki 3.0 Pro existed.

So I’d suggest to make them clearer concerning the existence of the Nuki 3.0 Pro.

I assumed getting the Pro version would be better in the long run but turns out it’s really not that pro and has way less features than the regular version with a bridge. Totally unacceptable, too bad I can’t send mine back anymore. Otherwise I’d be getting the regular one with a bridge so that I’d be able to use the opener with it

3 Likes

all said, I bought a SL3 to avoid the bridge, no I have learned I need a bridge for API. That should be fixed by NUKI asap

2 Likes

I came here looking for the option to use the Opener without a bridge. Unfortunately I don’t have any socket close enough so I have no option to use bridge. I also want to avoid so many devices, home automation should simplify our lives, not add more unnecessary elements what is the case if you have a Smart Lock with Wifi. I read with disappointment that this has been requested for almost a year, without news.

1 Like

@Juergen @Stephan
Hi guys,
any news for Use Opener without bridge on new Nuki Lock 3.0 Pro?
It’s been a year since you gave us any more news about this very important and urgently developing feature.
Thx

We do not comment about planned features or our roadmap here in the forum. Our blog is the best source to follow official announcements: Nuki Blog - Smart Home News, smart access systems and security

Sorry the a d m i n delete my messages look on google there is solution.

Thank you.

Thank you, Salvador for the advice. In the end, I also bought another solution that doesn’t need a bridge hoping they’ll fix this sooner or later

1 Like

I thought you didn’t get to read it, I’m admin of a tech group of over 11K users.

I have never seen this, I just want to give advice and help where I can, but I get my posts deleted, lately all the ones I post.

It’s very frustrating what they are doing to me, I don’t talk bad, or say bad words.

And I think they are going to delete this too, I hope you read it.

Hopefully they will update it someday, I would buy the Opener, everything works great without bridge.

Thanks.