Smoobu integration

Same as Igorr and Michael, i found the same issue: The update is not done automatically, i have to click the refresh button in order for the key to be sent and bookings updated.

“I was testing Smoobu integration last two days. In order to see bookings on nuki web I have to manually update it on web. After bookings appear, invitations are being send automatically. Should it not be automatically? Or it works like that? I tired to re-connect but same behaviour.”

One more thing that i forgot to mention…

It’s not clear when the entrance code is generated wether is active starting from 3 days before the client arrives or only on the arrival date.

What should happen:

• Booking should automatically shown for the upcoming 7 days
  • Sync is done in intervals so this is not real time
  • Authorizations are created x days before arrival day, based on you settings (Default: 3)
  • You can manually trigger this earlier, as soon as you see it listed
  • You can also manually delete authorizations, but in general everything should work automatically
  • All authorizations are valid from arrival day to departure day (from check-in time to check-out time, if those are set)

It is unclear to me from your description at which point it differs from that list in your experience.

Hello Stephan, another final email in “Du” form by Nuki was sent directly to guests, asking them to remove the Smartlock from the app. But I have in the settings:

• Confirmation email only to me
  • Use keypad only
    Everything else works perfectly for me, I copy the generated key into my own mail template in the smoobu platform.
    I am happy if there is an api-solution for handing it over to Smoobu. I would very much like to have control over the sending of emails.
    Keep up the excellent work, regards, Hans-Jörg

This mail is sent to my booking.com guests after checkout:

Nuki Zugang abgelaufen für Smoobu Buchung 5224568

Nuki
Hallo #########!
Deine Nuki Zutrittsberechtigung für die folgende Unterkunft ist
abgelaufen:
Buchungscode:
Hochwartblick
Öffne diese E-Mail auf deinem Smartphone und klicke auf den Button, um
das Nuki Smart Lock aus deiner Nuki App zu entfernen:
Smart Lock Name
Hochwartblick — Jetzt entfernen
Eingang — Jetzt entfernen
Nuki
Beste Grüße,
dein Nuki-Team
Copyright © 2020 Nuki Home Solutions GmbH
Unsere Adresse:
Münzgrabenstraße 92/4
8010 Graz
Impressum AGB Datenschutz

Hi,

overall I like the NNUKI smoobu integration. Some flaws:

*2h later locking after chekout or configurable
*no confusing standard NUKI mail sent to guests.
*alse let me set the good by mail address not only the welcome address
*mails send through smoobu and not by NUKI
*key codes and login url sent to smoobo via api I so I can configure mails to guests in smoobu
*robustness tests of the API
*keycodes seems empty, even one was set by NUKI and send in email

keep up the good work but test hard. Do not confuse my guests with strange emails, this is huge effort for hosts.

Lothar

It seems we´re lost and left alone here :unamused:

We are working on improving that flow together with Smoobu.

This is already in testing and should be available soon for Smoobu. Im am not sure though what you mean by “login url”

In general:
Our default emails are being reviewed, but they are “default”, so something that tries to fit for all users. So we agree that the best way to go is to handle the communication within your PMs.

key codes are sent now to smoobu via api, thank you very much

1 Like

keypad codes can now be sent via API, thats perfect, thank you.

What is stil missing are the codes to set up the NUKI app. Long term and young guests love this feature and I would love to have those mails automatically generated in smoobu. Please add the app setup url endpoint so that smoobu can add this feature (I already discussed that with Philip from Smoobu).

Hi Stephan,

I mean by

“login url”

that I can also automate the codes needed to install the NUKI app for my guests (not only the keypad), those URI to set up the app are not exposed via the API. Young guests and those who stay longer enjoy the app. At the moment I still need to copy the app links manually.

@gramels Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, we are currently only pushing back the Keypad entry codes via the Smoobu API, as this was straightforward to do for the most common usecase.
Menawhile since your last request we built a system where integrators can also get back invite codes for the App. We can check with Smoobu if it could be feasable to also give back those through the API to be used in templates on their side. Best add a feature request and start collecting votes for it so we get a rough estimation for the demand and priority for this.

PLEASE: No mails to guests from nuki. After new installed connection to smoobu, the option to send mails “only to me” disappeared.
Is there a possibility for codes to use with keypad to opener?

Thanks for the note. There seems to be a bug with the setting and we are working on a fix for that.

Yes, if a keypad is connected to the Opener (minde the Bluetooth range restrictions!), the “Keypad” setting for the invites will also be considered for the Opener.