Smart Lock offline

Mine went offline twice, after about 5 days.
No keypad, no app, no bridge.
Battery removal fixed it.
SW 2.4.5

connected via FHEM
homekit
NUKI web

Thank you . I appreciate your effort and presence .

I have Been recontacted.
For the sale of correctness i post my reply

Hello

I apologize I have read now that you do not guarantee the proper working of the bridge with the app on your site.

If I May suggest make that notice more evident.

In the meantime since I have a zigbee (Alexa) hub May I ask if.there Is any plannto integrate It (i.e. using It as a bridge)

I Will keep trying to troubleshoot my setup.

Having tried with multiple android mobiles (lg Samsung) I think It Is dependant on May home network.

I Will try to put the phone in dmz.

Question: Is there.some Port that must be open?

Thank you

Br

Hi,

I am having a similar issue.

When I first set it up, everything was great and it was working fine, no problems apart from battery changes. Had invited family members and it was working remotely for them too.

However, my phone broke and I needed to replace it. In the interim, I factory reset the bridge & the nuki and paired it with an old phone, sent the invites to my family members of which, it was working again.

However, when I am remote, it shows as offline, when close or within proximity and our phones are connected to the wifi and/or to the Nuki via bluetooth, the Nuki works. It does not work however via data/remotely.

I have tried factory resetting multiple times to no avail and similar to Nicola Reina above, this is a real pain. Up until now I thought the Nuki was the best thing ever but if I can’t get this fixed or if the problem persists, it’s going to be a major issue for me.

Even worse is that I am on the road a lot and can not be present to troubleshoot and need one of my family members to do it.

I have tested being connected to the wifi/bluetooth/data only and it works via wifi only, bluetooth only (& both wifi or bluetooth) but not data.

So everything is connected and working but only within proximity, no longer remotely as before?

What could the issue then be?

Hey,

Would really love a response.

Thanks,

Sorry, I seem to have missed this post beneath the many ones coming in that weekend.

Best would be to send a log-file with a short description of the problem and the exact time when it occured to our support team at contact@nuki.io, so they can check the details of what happend.

Our support team tried hard to catch up with all the demand so you should not have to expect as long response time as we used to have.
In any case it is best to send them log files where we can check the errors and get back directly to you with further questions. (It would be especially interesting if in your usecase the App uses Bluetooth-fallback when in the Wifi. - You could quickly test it yourself by trying to deactivate bluetooth when connected to the Wifi and in range of the Smart Lock.)

Yesterday my Nuki went again offline - a disaster that you guys are since month unable to fix it.
Requesting the log-file is nonsense as, first there is no information on the event in it when this is happening and secondly this is not really a log file. It’s not even possible to extract it.
Don’t get me wrong Stephan, but those proposals are since the opening of this threat the same. A smart look should 100% working and always be accessible!!
Can you pls advise when you are expecting a new firmware coming out that might have a fix? Thanks

I understand your frustration and you can be sure we want to deliver fully working products to all our customers. Things can go wrong though and our support team should always be the first contact to rule out things and check for possible issues.

Regarding your FW-questions:

Latest Bridge FW-Beta

And latest Smart Lock FW-Beta

should be base for the next public releases (depending on feedback we gather from last tests).

You can also check change logs for differences from current public versions there.

Also we got some issue with iOS App 2.2.0 and the remote state, so alos be sure to check for an update there (2.2.2 available).

Do these mentioned beta versions fix the problem? (“Improved reconnect” does not sound like the problem is found and fixed!) My NUKI always went offline after a few minutes. I already regret buying the whole package (the lock, the gateway and the keypad).

What is the result of your internal tests? Did you find the bug/the problem? When will the new stable firmware be released? Or do i have to return the whole set to amazon?

I’m really disappointed!

All those Beta versiosn fix known problems, but we keep it vague as they are still Beta and not recommended for productive use for everyone. If you check with our support (contact@nuki.io or via phone) to verify that your personal issue is covered by those fixes they will suggest you to go for the Beta version if a quick fix is needed. Else they will ask for more details/logs to see if this is an individual problem and/or something we didn’t spot yet.

If it is not that urgent for you or you are unsure you can wait for the firmwares to soon go public in final versions.

Stephan,

I asked a simple question: Does the actual beta firmware fix the NUKI lock goin offline problem? Can you answer this question?

If there was a simple answer, I would have given it.
There are several reasons a Smart Lock and/or a Bridge can be offline and/or shown as offline on a device/App.

Without knowing anything about your issues I can’t say if a Beta firmware version for a device and/or App solves that issues for you.
Please contact our support with your issues and they will go through details with you and suggest you to join Beta if it looks like a known problem (we already solved with those version) to them.

The Nuki keeps on to go offline , Support is more or less inexistent.
I think all the people are not interested in a beta version… they are looking to see asap the new release

Glad to report that with last app version and standard lock firmware things finally seem stable.

Lock performs action. Gives feedback of not having done it. But returns online with correct door status .

1 Like

Installing latest firmware 2.5.4 seemed to fix the offline problem for me. Lock is online for more then 24h. Will monitor the lock closely through the next week to see if i can trust NUKI again.

1 Like

@Nicola_Reina @u.h Good to hear!

I’m also getting this - for the past week or so. The lock will go offline in the app, and the bridge does not respond to HTTP requests. I try rebooting the lock and it doesn’t seem to help; neither does rebooting the bridge.

Does this seem like an issue fixed in the beta firmware? Please let me know, this is quite frustrating and it’s only just started happening!

4 out of 5 times when I browse to the REST API I get ‘HTTP 503 Unavailable’.

Latest firmware on Smart Lock 2.0

all of the sudden it stopped working overnight - smartlock does not seem to be connected to bridge, keypad and is not searchable via app.

After re- inserting batteries it works again.

Btw. door sensor jammed error comes one, twice a month or more often.

Conclusion - not reliable to use without having key hidden somewhere nearby
and not usable for business. Will fall-back to ENTR from Yale as it was working reliably for two years.

I have installed a Smartlock 2.0 with release 2.5.2 and the lock looses the connectivity in the Webappliance after some time of inactivity. So i changed the bridge but nothing improved. I made an upgrade to 2.5.4 and now it seem to be more stable and i can reach it remote since upgrading to the new firmware.

Regards, Tom

Nuki offline again. A lot of money for a lot of frustration. Bridge at 1 mtr. WiFi full but Nuki offline. Never leave the house without the normal key! Ask me to send the logs or update with beta software?! Please just fix it.