Smart Lock Firmware 3.8.x Beta

In the case it could be useful, I talked about Nuki web not working, but to be more precise it is remote action from the Android app.
Because I don’t know how it is different from using with Nuki web.

So MQTT is working but some times remote actions using the Android app don’t work.

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.8.5

Please install this beta and provide your feedback via this channel - thank you!

2 Likes

While updating, I had an error 500.
After I pressed retry, installation continued successfully.
Now I am waiting to see if I could observe some improvements but by reading announced changes I am not optimistic nor pessimistic.

I had not to wait for a long time, I still have random loss of remote status from the Android app, smart lock shown as offline in the Android app even if MQTT is OK.

3.8.5 has been installed automatically last night. So far no issues (same as with 3.8.4 before)

1 Like

First time since using the Nuki I recognized a red LED. Looking up the help it is the more likely the 4x flash (quite fast) than a 1x flash. => but it stays after recalibrating the Nuki. Everything else I can do / check?

You can check in the Nuki App if the state of the lock is a regular one or motor blocked, uncalibrated or a similar “error” state.

Looking up the activity log for recent error entries might also help to identify what the source is.

If the battery is critical / <20% the red LED does also blink.

When will this release become stable? I’m a little bit tired of my nuki disconnecting from MQTT every time there’s a Web Api outage.

This!
Hope that this release comes fast!

Battery is 74%
Regular status, currently unlocked.
But: I had issues with Bluetooth while retrieving Battery status same as when calibrating (see pic) although in both cases 1m away from the Nuki.
I removed / re-inser the battery and after the restart Bluetooth seems to be ok now same as red led is gone. I will monitor this further.

3.8.4 beta.
This morning Nuki cloud was unreachable and MQTT stopped working.
Not only that, but trying to reconfigure MQTT gave “Error 85”
So I would say this feature is not working

The same with SL4P and 4.2.0 Beta firmware: this morning Nuki cloud was unreachable and MQTT, to a local server, stopped working.
When the cloud was up again, I had to reconfigure the MQTT parameters in order to have it working (no automatic reconnection).

I have success with 3.8.5 in having Nuki again connecto to the router ( GT-AX11000pro ). However I now loose Alexa connection at every wifi change / router reset.
Any idea on that?

Thank you

@Juergen this morning things became worse, both remote actions and MQTT are unusable. Running down a stair is not something recommended, but needed when a smart lock refuse to unlock :slight_smile: is it something investigating? Because I had no answer since I posted about this issue only happening since version 3.8.

I still wonder how you get your SL3P connected to MQTT. I tried for Months now. I have 50+Devices but only the nuki is a problem. I monitored my mqtt-broker, and i get:
New connection from 192.167.13.155:52443 on port 1883.
Client disconnected, not authorised.
Then I configured to allow anonymous logins only for the nuki and now i get:
New client connected from 192.167.13.155:52471 as SL3P_38F91F64 (p2, c1, k300).
Client SL3P_38F91F64 closed its connection.

The nuki doesnt Send a Username!!!… but i typed it in (12 simple letters, no special characters.). Support was not helpfull, Firmware reset also. Another Broker doesnt help and another IP-Range (192.168.x.x) also not. I am giving up here. Nuki seems not to be my Doorlock-solution. I will sell the SL3P before i trow it out of the window :frowning:

Is 192.167.13.x really your IP range? From my experience the Nuki Lock compares the IP range to an internal whitelist. MQTT Broker and Lock must be in private IP ranges, 192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/22, or 10.0.0.0/8. If not, credentials are not sent to the broker.

I have had the same issue long time ago because of a Bug with 172.16.0.0/12. But this has been fixed Last year in the Beta firmware.

Yes it is 192.167… But this ip-range-problem should be fixed…and also it communicates to the MQTT-Broker. I also tried with a small setup with 192.168… same here. The nuki doesnt send a mqtt-username although it is entered…

192.167. is not a private network. So the lock will not work with MQTT regardless of the mentioned fix.

In your small setup test with 192.168., both, broker and lock where in the same subnet?

Maybe this helps: I can't connect to my mqtt broker with the Nuki - #3 by Juergen

I don‘t know yet what the still red blinking light means.
98% battery, Nuki is calibrated, no error visible, new battery in the Fob, 3.10. firmware. Anything else I can check or you might see in addition @Stefan_Reiterer ?