Smart Lock Firmware 3.6.x Beta

Since the last update I’m struggling to connect to the wifi. It get several “internal error” and even if it succeeds in the wifi status it results connected only to the server.
is it possible to roll back to the 3.5?

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.6.2

Please install this beta if you are experiencing issues/hickups with the WiFi connection with any previous Beta version. Additionally minor MQTT adjustments are included - check the main post for further details.

I am using Deco M5 (3x V1.0, 1x V3.0), firmware 1.6.5 Build 20230110 Rel. 41561. Smart Lock 3.0 Pro updated to 3.5.12. No issues with MQTT, works like a charm.

Thanks for your feedback.
Have you enabled fast roaming?
And have you changed anything in the device settings (disabled mesh technology for the smart lock or fixing the deco it connects to)?
And last question, have you enabled QoS?

To be more precise, in my case interruptions are during about a minute so very small and the smart lock succeeds in reconnecting but it looks like strange for me to have this kind of behavior.
And it can work without any interruption for some days than it begins again.

EDIT: after watching again on Home Assistant, I notice my Smart Lock disconnected from MQTT at 20:37:19 GMT+2 and did not connect again until the Smart Lock updated itself at 02:56.

1 Like

In fact things look more stranger, I am not sure this last big outage for MQTT was due to the same issue.
My Mosquitto log for this period:

31/03/2023 20:37:19: Client SL3P_xxx has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.
31/03/2023 20:37:20: New connection from 192.168.22.xx:52604 on port 1883.
31/03/2023 20:37:20: New client connected from 192.168.22.xx:52604 as SL3P_xxx (p2, c1, k300, u'user').
01/04/2023 02:58:36: New connection from 192.168.22.xx:52433 on port 1883.
01/04/2023 02:58:36: Client SL3P_xxx already connected, closing old connection.
01/04/2023 02:58:36: New client connected from 192.168.22.xx:52433 as SL3P_xxx (p2, c1, k300, u'user').

My question to compare Deco configurations is still relevant but not for this last disconnection which looks very different.

Deco Fast Roaming enabled, Beamforming enabled, QoS mode set to Standard.

Mesh Technology for SLP enabled. Connection preference set to Wi-Fi Band Auto, Preferred Deco Auto. Pretty much the defaults.

1 Like

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.6.3

Please install this beta if you are experiencing issues/hickups with the WiFi connection with any previous Beta version.

Special sidenote :rotating_light:
The special debug version of the MQTT API is from now onwards excluded from the Beta builds as the MQTT API can be provisioned properly by using the latest Nuki Apps.

Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.6.3 urgent issue !
Hi, since I installed the latest version the lock no longer detects the key opening when it is done manually.
The lock remains in the locked status even if it is open when I manually activate the round nuki metal, for it to be detected correctly when unlocked, you have to turn the round nuki metal further than before.
The bug is particularly annoying because the door can remain open, if you don’t use the automatic button!

Here video example :

@Morvan_LEPANNETIER
have you tried to recalibrate?

@gioparmy
Is the same with recalibration

Do you have Debug Mode enabled? (How to enable debug mode on a Nuki Smart Lock or Nuki Opener). If yes, please deactivate it.

Please DM me the Nuki ID of your Smart Lock and send me a screenshot of the activity log while you recorded the video.

Hi @Juergen no debug mode activate

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.6.4

Please install this beta and provide your feedback via this channel - thank you!

Please install the new Beta 3.6.4 as this version will resolve your issue - thanks!

Hi @Stefan_Reiterer ,

The problem is exactly the same in 3.6.4
Recalibration change nothing more

Bei mir wird der Update Vorgang zu 3.6.4 bei 3 Prozent abgebrochen

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock 3.0 Beta 3.6.5

Please install this beta and provide your feedback via this channel - thank you!

You could try to either let the Smart Lock automatically update (over night) or remove & reinsert the batteries of the Smart Lock and restart the transmission.

Automatisch ist drin und Batterie hatte ich schon raus