Smart Lock (4th generation) Firmware Beta 4.4.x

Thanks it worked!

I installed version 4.4.0 and the button problem continues. The button does not work when pressed and is capable of closing after about 10 minutes.
I need help.

@Stefan_Reiterer Since 4.3.10 I don’t get any notification through the app. They are enabled (I disabled and re-enabled it) and the protocol is showing the actions.
There were no changes in app since then.
Do you have any suggestions?

Same for me: there is never a battery report generated, even after several hours. I wonder when Nuki will pick up this error

1 Like

Same here. Before updating to 4.3.10 (from 4.2.8), battery pack level was 38%. After updating, it dropped to critical level and the led of my SL4P briefly flashed in red.

I tried to generate the battery report (which, BTW, never worked for me, even with 4.2.8: it runs indefinitely). I killed the Nuki app (iOS 17.4.1) and then it suddenly reported 60%, and the same level in the Home app. So, I decided to do a cold restart of the SL4P, disconecting and reconecting the battery pack. After that, the battery level went back to the original 38%. Something is broken with battery level reporting…

My SL4P uses a rechargeable battery pack and is configured with autodetection. I also tried to disable autodetection, but there were no changes.

1 Like

Unfortunately the generation of the Battery Report is not (yet) supported, this issue is addressed internally and will be resolved within this development iteration (4.4.x).

Still, if you experience big drops on the battery percentage I’d recommend to go to the Battery settings screen and check if the inserted batteries were detected properly (if the option is set to “autodetection”), as a wrongly detected type will result in a different percentage (and thus potentially in a wrongly shown battery state).

2 Likes

In my case, the battery type was correctly detected and, as I already explained, I also tried to disable autodetection but nothing changed. Only after disconnecting and reconnecting again the battery pack, the percentage returned to the same value reported with 4.2.8.

For those with an issue that pressing the button not always trigger an action: I opened a ticket for that and my nuki was changed under warranty. With the new one it works properly now.

1 Like

Hello.
Since I installed this Version I have problems with the Remote Access via Matter for Alexa.
I installed this Firmware Version on Sunday, it was working for 1 day. Since yesterday I have no chance to connect remote via Matter, only via WiFi.
In the Alexa app itself I can open and close the Lock from Home, but not in the Nuki app via remote. Means the Matter itself is connected, only the Remote is switching off all the time if I try to switch it on.
In the previous Version I never had this problem.

Thank you very much for the information, I will do the same.

Good morning, I have updated to 4.3.10 and I have noticed that when the SL4P is locked it does not open manually by turning the knob. I don’t know if this is normal as I had not tried it before, is it?

Forget what i said, it was a physical problem with my lock. It works fine, sorry.

1 Like

I bought a Matter antenna because I had lot of issues with wifi and mqtt.
It worked well but since 4.4.0, sometimes it doesn’t work and the button on the smart lock doesn’t work immediately, sometimes I have to push 10 times to have an action.

Help me out: what is a Matter antenna?

Initial post has been updated with the release notes of the new Beta 4.4.1.

With this Beta a critical issue has been resolved, which lead to the effect that the Smart Lock was not reachable anymore via Bluetooth, which not only affects the availability via the Nuki Bridge but also via the Nuki App and other accessories. :rotating_light:

If you are affected by the behavior mentioned in Nuki Bridge lost connection to Smartlock 4.0 the best way to update your device is as following:

1. Make sure that your Smart Lock is registered for the FW Beta
    a. If not, send me your Smart Lock ID via PM and we will add it to the FW Beta

2. Unplug your Nuki Bridge

3. Manually install the Beta FW via the Nuki App

4. Again plug in your Nuki Bridge

As usual we kindly ask you to install this version and provide feedback into this channel. :pray:

A radio antenna to be able to use matter through openthread and plugged to my home assistant box.

1 Like

Hello.
Still the same problem than in version 4.4.0

Since I installed this Version I have problems with the Remote Access via Matter for Alexa.
I installed this Firmware and Matter was working for 1 day. Since yesterday I have no chance to connect remote via Matter, only via WiFi.
In the Alexa app itself I can open and close the Lock from Home, but not in the Nuki app via remote. Means the Matter itself is connected, only the Remote is switching off all the time if I try to switch it on.
In the previous Version I never had this problem.

1 Like

The Beta releases 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 did not contain any change touching the implementation, thus the described behavior might also re-occur.

I’ll follow up with you individually.

1 Like

I got a weird behaviour with the battery level:

within less than two days , the level dropped from 81 to 34% without any special reasons:

This is a known issue which Nuki can’t send seem to reproduce. It’s up to us (I have the same issue from time to time) to identify the source. Are you using UniFi hardware? And do you have the device integrated using MQTT or Matter for instance with Home Assistant?