Smart Lock (4th generation) Firmware Beta 4.3.x

Ok, here is the result of today and sadly it’s not very good : i unlocked the lock with homeassistant after 8 hours without any “unavailable syndrom” during the day (of no use) but during the unlock, it blocked during the turn of the key (became unavailable) and so it was also in the nuki app, it appeard online 1 minute after so i was able to enter… I tried this evening too, i unlocked but this time the latch was blocked in open position after unlock, so it was exactly the same “unavailable” problem on applications. There is no more “unavailable” when it’s not used, but it’s worse in a kind of way because it can now happen when you use it (and need it). Hope you will be able to fix that soon.

PS. Now it’s “unavailable” for no reason and not coming back online by itself
PS. It came back online by itself like 10 minutes after.

A ZBDongle-E with the open thread firmware for NAT64 support:

Pesonally, as the SL4 is my only matter device, I’ve set it up via Apple Home, so it’s using either my Apple TV 4K (which is like 2-3m away) or my homepod mini (which is a bit far away). AFAIK, these are the only two border router devices in my home.

Reset the lock and then set battery Energy saving to medium. In this way i solved the issue since 4.2.5

I have apple tv 4k with matter when used apple tv for playing video the smart lock 4 pro disconnect from matter but if apple tv in stand by mode the matter work again
Apple tv with tv ps 17.5 Beta
Smart lock 4 pro with v 4.2.6 beta

This is a known problem. Looks like the AppleTV reduces the Thread radios reach when in use. Problems with Matter and Apple TV

Is the MQTT Problem with Home Assistant fixed with 4.3?

Can’t say for sure yet, but it seems a lot more stable.

Sounds good, when 4.3. will be released as stable Update?

For me 4.2.x became pretty stable. Now my front door lock is updated to 4.3.1 and it disconnected MQTT twice in the past few days. My back door is on 4.2.x and that one is stable.

… and there we go again…

My Nuki was working fine via HA/Thread/Skyconnect for several days, then it stopped working yesterday after a sudden battery drain:

Noticed it this morning as it wouldn’t even unlock via the official Android app via Bluetooth.

Had to remove the battery pack and put it back in place, then it requested to re-calibrate the lock.

And it just came back via Matter with a higher battery level:

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock Beta 4.3.2

This Beta includes improvements on the MQTT connection stability (improved TCP-ACK handling) as well as a critical bugfix for the Bridge notification handling.

Please install this build and provide feedback via this channel - thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hi Thank you for responding,
I have Beta 4.2.6
1-I will try Bridge notification handling.
2- MQTT connection in 4.2.6 for me its good i have some problems disconnecting
3- Matter in 4.2.6 Many problems and disconnections ( with skyco- Apple Tv 4K

I will give my experience with 4.3.2 later

Current results Smart Lock Beta 4.3.2 (Smart Lock pro 4 )

1-Bridge notification work for now (but ( There is a delay in sending notifications ) Please reduce time send or update notifications . ( with only matter or Mqtt and beta 4.2.6 super fast) .
2-Notification Nuki App may work may not work and delay update notifications.
3 - I can’t activate MQTT with Bridge ??

4.3.2 is much worse than 4.3.1. I’ve had the lock appear unavailable in Home Assistant multiple time since I upgraded.

I’ve disabled Matter (reverting to Wifi) to see if it’s any better.

With 4.3.2, today for the first time since 2 weeks, i had a complete MQTT conection loss, and had to powercycle the SL4P.
(Fritzbox7590)
Also, the ActionEvent MQTT topic diasappears on a regular basis.

And… “unavailable” again, this time with Matter disabled, so only Wifi/MQTT:

This mqtt issues should be related to wifi stability.

The 4 non pro version with thread/matter and mqtt works very well, I have 0 drops.

I only have stability issues with “online” enabled.