Poor Wifi connection Nuki 4th gen Pro

Hi!
I use 10 SmartLocks same time and 3 of them are Gen4 Pro and this 3 regulary go offline (release 4.1.8). I need to reset them every 2-3 days :frowning:
I have tried medium battery power setting, 2 differnt TP-link routers and Huaiway, also GSM, Coaxial and ADSL Modems from differnet providers A1 and Magenta, different WiFi settings main or guest network, with or without WPA. It is not helps.
The only way to make a stable connection is to use a Bridge.

The differens between “Gen4” and “Gen4 Pro” is a Wifi Option and 70 Euro.

I hope Nuki have a plan how to fix this Wifi issue with Gen4 Pro. Or they need to give free bridge for every Gen4 Pro because Wifi option actually does not works. Or call back all “Gen4 Pro” and replace them with “Gen3 Pro” (with them I dont have any problems).

@Nuki if I can help somehow to fix this problem - please let me know.

3 Likes

This is exactly the point, well said and I can just repeat the same.
It’s a shame keeping us alive with do this an do that, instead of having finally a solution for the Pro :-1:
@Nuki it’s high time to wake up and get things right.

2 Likes

After 2 weeks of testing, actually changing the battery saver option from fast to medium, and already having beta firmware, it solved the problem, and now SmartLock is 99% online

For 4.0 Pro, if you have set battery saver option to medium, you need to update app by subscribing to beta program, and once done it updates you firmware,and you should fix offline problems, to me it worked

How to subscribe to beta? I see only 4.1.8 release availabe.
Thanks.

I have Android smartphones, you need to open Play Store, go to Nuki Smart Lock page scroll and click join beta program, after becoming beta tester, if you have set automatic update, you will have firmware 4.2.1 beta

I have tested 4.2.1 for one week with the 4 pro and had no connection problem since installation. The fix seems to work :+1:

So I resetted my 4pro, and joined the beta program on iOS.

Ridiculous enough, I cannot download the zodate 4.2.1, because nuki says I am not online. But I am of course

Okay restarting the Nuki App worked. Now the slider is yellow as should.

A next small bug…

Just a suggestion have you tried using the nuki “skill” from alexa skill appstore I have a nuki 3.0 on plus the bride and I am planning on sticking to it matter is still in its infancy, not talking about the lock but the matter upgrades to my smart device which there are many just made a big mess and thread is basically zigbee plus some software magic

On beta 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 the wifi was dosconnecting as usual.

Testung 4.2.4 now - hopefully it finally works. I cannot understand how it is not working after 3.0 lock was working alsways apparently. What did you do wrong?

Any new feedback Michal? Working now?

I have 4.2.4 now. Wifi connected right affect the installation but after 10 min, it says again “wifi connecting”. I will wait a couple of hours to see what happens…

Too soon to tell. Few days ok, but I am on vacation, so I don’t monitor it.

1 Like

Hi all,
with version 4.2.4 beta and battery set to “fast” I have the same behavior as before: when the SL4P is connected to the router’s weak signal the Wifi connection is stable and also the connection to the Nuki server is stable. When the SL4P is connected to the NETGEAR repeater’s strong signal the Wifi connection is stable but the connection to Nuki server is DOWN and UP every 3-4 minutes (looking at the MQTT messages) and the APP shows an “offline” for the 95% of the time.
Best regards.

Hello,

A quick update from my side with the 4.2.4 beta firware, unfortunately the wifi connection is not better, the Smartlock is still showing drops of connexion as shown here from my MQTT logs:

Until the next status update after it says unavailable, the Smartlock is shown offline with only wifi in the Nuki Android App. so remote actions are not possible.
It’s usually a minute or two, but here you can see it was offline for over 30mins.

I’ve also opened a ticket with support to follow this ( 437876) unfortunately at this point, I’ll have to find another solution to manage my door remotely, I can’t wait any longer or continue testing.

Cheers,
Thibaut

1 Like

Same problem for me. I do everything of these steps but it still doesn’t work good. The connection is all time down…… so any solution?

I’d a similar problem. After deactivating the log it works well… Would you like to test it? Disable Log and Reststart… My WIFI / Matter works after that change without problems.

PS: I’m on the stable 4.1.8 :slight_smile:

I’m on 4.1.8, but how do you deactivate the log?

Go to the Settings of your Nuki Lock (German Einstellungen)-> Activity Log (German Protokoll) → Slider “Activity Log” (German Protokoll).

If you move this slider to off and reboot your device, the log ist tuned off and save it. If it helps, please report it here :slight_smile: