This is my first post and I want to give you a little bit of hope!
After testing the whole afternoon, I finally got a M72 unit working in Spain!!
My feeling is the same as some of the posters here and there, I think I have been lucky in the configuration and believe that if I tried again I may be unable to replicate this configuration without trying and failing a lot. This is a bad point for Nuki.
I connected the Nuki Opener in the simple (without bell suppression) and chose Generic / BUS Generic as brand model. I replicated a real world scenario with a friend calling downstairs and finally got Ring to open working.
I followed the whole thread and several different posts and the instructions seemed quite straightforward. Not the real thing.
I went up and tried the full “with bell suppression” experience and fail in every possible way.
I connect the cables as the App Wizard told, they were the same as this thread and others and the same as suggested by the Unknown systems guide: https://developer.nuki.io/uploads/short-url/3naDfQDFbzh3Je7ytrNzRDscvFz.pdf
Enhanced setup with doorbell suppression:
- Black cable - port “2” on my intercom
- Red cable - NUKI CLAMP (1st port)
- Green cable - port “1” on my intercom
- Yellow cable - NUKI CLAMP (1st port)
Disconnect port “1” wire from intercom and connect to NUKI CLAMP (2nd port)
This setup (AND ALL OTHERS) didn’t recognize the ‘OPEN’ command.
My guess is that this is because normally this intercom require “activation”. What does it mean? The open button normally does not do anything, you NEED to receive a call to be able to open the door. Sometimes, you can push a “Vigilance” button to see hear (and see if a camera is operating) the front door (even cycle between doors) and in this case if you push the Open button you will open the corresponding door.
Some user make a similar comment in this post.
What failed when I tried:
Press ‘Open’ button without picking the ‘phone’
Press ‘Open’ button with the ‘phone’ picked
Press ‘Vigilance’ button in door 1 without picking the ‘phone’ and then press ‘Open’ (same with door 2)
Press ‘Vigilance’ button in door 1 without picking the 'phone, pick the phone and then press ‘Open’ (same with door 2)
Press ‘Vigilance’ button in door 1 with the phone picked then press ‘Open’ (same with door 2)
In every scenario the app DIDN’T RECOGNIZE the ‘Open’ Command (hanged). Make the ‘Switch app trick’, as stated above and in others threads. The wizard continued but when trying to open, Nuki Opener never were able to actually open the door.
I tried everything again without selecting Tegui M72 in the wizard. I selected Generic / Generic BUS as Brand/model.
Finally I connected the cables as the simple way, without Bell suppression and keep the generic / Generic BUS brand model.
- The cabling with BLACK from the opener to 2 and RED to 1.
I replicated a real world scenario with a friend really calling from the front door, picking the phone and pushing ‘Open’. The door of course opened and OF COURSE THE APP HANGED AND DID NOT RECOGNIZE the open command. I made the ‘change app’ trick to continue the wizard.
I needed to go down to the front door to call my apartment so Opener could recognize the signal. It worked, as always. The the wizard told me to push Open from the app and… wow, the DOOR OPENED. I felt like crazy and the hype went down again when the wizard told me to ring again to it could open automatically and did not worked. When I pushed “The door did not open” a new screen showed in the wizard. ‘Does your door require activation?’. In this screen the Wizard told to call a 2nd person and replicate the steps of 1) Calling from below, 2) You with app Pushing the open button, but with this order and in the same moment (the normal wizard ask for the Open command and then asks you to go downstairs to call from street level). Then it ask you to go downstairs with the app and checked and this time everything worked perfectly.
- I don’t know really what I did to get the 'Require activation" wizard screen. Maybe it was to say that the door open when I pushed but did not open when I call from street level (this was actually the real thing that happened but it is worth to try to lie to the wizard and check.
- Because I have door 1 (residence complex) and door 2 (my building) I can leave unchecked the option ‘Stop ring to open when first open’ so both Doors could be open.
- I have to test but I believe that when the ‘Ring to open’ mode is active the Concierge is receiving real rings at his desks. Maybe this was by chance, but when I went downstairs to door 1 the guy was like crazy because of all the rings and when I deactivated the mode, everything stopped. I will go downstairs this night to check if I can replicate the ‘crazy’ mode. I believe someone in the thread talked about a similar experience. If this is happening I will return my Opener.
- I believe that if I change the cabling again to the full experience everything will work as a Nuki employee told above that there is no need to re-configure. I will try tomorrow to check if Ring suppression works.
- I think that Nuki could update its wizard to ask in 1st place if your intercom requires Activation, I think this would easy the process of BUS signal recognition
This is MY experience, I hope this can help this forum members that didn’t get lucky and encourage them to try again.
I will update this post with my findings.
Si alguien necesita ayuda en Español que me diga sin problema. Prueba y error hasta que Nuki actualice su asistente. Mucha suerte.