Open door function problem

Hey! I upgraded to firmware 2.3.11. I noticed that under Optimize locking is now Custom option which allows to offset the key rotation in both directions. Is that a new feature? I haven’t seen it before I think. I played a little bit with that and found out that although it says that these settings do not affect in anyway Open door function for me they actually do. I have a safety door that uses extra safety hooks on the side that come out when the door is locked and they hook into the door frame (see on the picture). The problem was with the hooks - when I used Open door the latch was probably always pulled in but the hooks remained sometimes a few milimetres out which prevented the door from opening.

I changed the settings on unlock motion to turn extra 20 degrees in the unlocking direction and it fixed the problem. Now the hooks get pulled in completely and the door opens every time.

But I also noticed that the 3 preset modes in Optimize locking (Normal, Reduced, Extremely reduced) don’t work correctly. With Normal the latch comes out 1,4cm when locked, with Reduced 1,6cm and with Extremely reduced 1,8cm. I would expect the opposite.

No, this is not a new feature. Has been there in earlier FW versions too and is also available for Smart Lock 1.0.

Your door uses a so called “multi point lock”. In this case reducing the locking distance can lead to an engagement of the “multi points” while the door latch is still not engaged, thus it is not possible to reduce the locking distance in such a scenario. Interesting is that in your case the “normal” setting which are our “known to work with as many locks as possible” default values, already seem to engage your multi point latches a little bit.

Hi Christian,
yes, I 'll look into this.
I suspect this might be the case. If the door is open, then the force required is equal, but when the door is closed, then the resistance is a bit higher during the last degree of keyturn. Even though, this was never an issue for Nuki 1.0

Thanks Jiri, I will try if I can find the option to turn extra degrees and if that solves my problem.

I have seen the same situation. FW 2.3.11, calibrated. But time to time it stuck, does not open. Also like battery claimed, new batteries were inserted yesterday!?

@Arturas_Milasauskas
Please send a log-file with a short description of the problem and the exact time when it occured to our support team at contact@nuki.io, so they can check the details of what happend.

I have adjusted the lock mechanism of my latch, so that less force is needed. it works now
I haven’t seen the need with Nuki1.0, it seems that 2.0 has less torgue, but that’s just my judgement.

I have the same problem with my Nuki 2.0. Nuki v1 could open my door without any problems, but with Nuki v2 I have to pull my door while Nuki turns the key so that It needs lees force to open my door. Alternatively I need to submit an open door command 3-5 times…eventually Nuki opens my door correctly.

I tried to detect a schema when it works on the 2nd or 3th attempt, and when I have to try 5 or even more times. Without success. I even changed my new batteries, that didn’t help either. Software version is 2.4.5 and I’ve turned off the lock optimization.

Strange, I had no problems with my old Nuki 1… Any Ideas?

Hi. Reviving a relatively older discussion. I recently bought Nuki 2.0 and seem to be facing the exact same issue every now and then. Is there a way to configure Nuki to keep turning till there is resistance rather than a pre configured degrees. When it does not work I am attaching a picture of the situation. 20190403_205342

This seems to happen mostly if somebody used the key to lock&unlock the door. And who are using the key to manually unlock&lock I cannot ask them to use the app.

Just to be clear about your setup:
Do you want the latch to be pulled in these cases and it doesn’t pull far enough? (Which would hint on a battery problem, as for “open door” it always turns until there is full resistance and not to a certain point.)
Or do you just want to unlock and the latch gets pulled unintentionally? (Which would hint on a lost calibration due to manual usage before.)

Which Smart Lock firmware are you using atm?

I would want the latch to be pulled all the way. I did not know that it does should turn all the way. Looking at the situation I thought it turns a certain degree. I just bought it a few weeks ago and using the included batteries. Thought they should be good enough. I will replace the batteries and update. Will have to wait till Friday as I am out of country till that time.

BTW firmware version is 2.4.5.

Hello,

Same problem here with nuki 2.0 firmware 2.4.5. Once in a while, after an open door command, the door latch remains 2 or 3 mm outside the door frame. I.e. It doesnt completely slide in the recess. I never seen that problem before on the nuki 1.0. I tried the “optimize locking” menu but there is not setting for adjusting the turn angle for an open door command. The advanced calibration adjustments setting are not cristal clear by the way (a help menu would be welcomed). So I am bit a clueless on how to solve this problem.

Is there a fix?

“Optimize locking” just tries to reduce the locking distance to save energy and time.

If the latch remains outside the clutch must still be engaged. Do you see any error in the activitly lock (like battery warning or Motor blocked?)

Although I did not have a battery warning or anything,but,after replacing the batteries I have not had that issue occur again.

Thanks for the feedback; then this could point in the direction of a problem with the battery warning threshold for your unlatch-case. We will try to adress this as soon as possible.

Is it possible that it happens to me with brand new batteries from the box?

On calibration it always unlatches but then on door opening, it never does

Insolved the problem. The actual option was hidden as Open door instead of just unlock.

I also noticed that i wanted the door to auto open when i got close by. If inset this as an expert option, the auto unlock with geolocation feature wouldn’t work.

I have now setup my door as if it didnt have a handle on the other side so every time it opens it with gps it tries to open the latch too, without requiring me to add any expert configuration.

So i suggest in the next firmware to allow open door instead of just unlock as part of the auto unlock with geofence

I had seen that also some months ago, when I adjusted my latch slightly (moved easier afterwards), the problem was gone. I have never had that with V1.0 - either V2.0 doesn’t have enough torgue or it stops too early.

Oh god, i found the same problem.

im having the same problem… i bouth nuki a month ago. At first… i was using auto-unlock… when i was close the door opened without problem.

A week later i started to use the phone app and the fob (because i bought nuki for guest on my home and i needed to prove it and check it), at first, no problems, but 2 weeks ago it started to fail…

first try… no open,
second try opened the door.

Now, this week its different,

first try, no open
second try, no open
Third try opens.

I Dont know what is the problem, but its shame because i bought it to not share my phisical key, and the guest do not feel “confortable” (even im not feeling confortable neither) using nuki and trying always to open and fail.

Nuki Firmware 2.5.2 and app update.

Sorry for my english, im from Spain and english is not my strongest language…

Sorry for the late answer:

It seems you have general liabilty problems with Auto Unlock if I understood you correctly?
Then best check out the tipps at:

If you meant there have been issues with opening directly from the Nuki App: Make sure to have the latest App version for your OS and if you still can reproduce the problems please send a log-file with a short description of the problem and the exact time when it occured to our support team at contact@nuki.io, so they can check the details of what happend.