Nuki Bridge API: Bell Ring of Nuki Opener as Trigger for Callbacks

As the Opener has two main functions for interation in a smart home system:

• Opening the door
  • Detecting a the door bell
    I would also love to get that feature implemented. :slight_smile:

To be honest, as I’ve seen that the NUKI system has a Http API, I couldn’t even think about the possibility that this isn’t implemented yet.
Don’t know if I would have bought the product otherwise.

So this feature request has my upvote for sure, as I really love the NUKI system beside some Http API shortcoming :+1:
Ring to open is such a great feature.

6 Likes

same here. i had Nello before and this was perfect integrated in my smarthome.
thought, that the opener is implemented as good as the Nuki Smart Lock.

i am disappointed that it is not done yet.

Please implement the 2 key features of the opener (opening the door and detecting a door bell) in the HTTP API.

Thanks.
Best regards
Andy

5 Likes

I miss this function too. I would be very happy if Nuki would install it soon.

1 Like

Hey Stephan,

Did you see that this is now the second highest voted feature request!
People are missing this function!
Please consider it in one of your future releases!

2 Likes

@MatthiasK move move move it to planned :wink:

2 Likes

I think, this request might actually more sense (because it handles the underlying problem of the callbacks missing any kind of event states)

1 Like

Stephan, please, could you explain what problems do you see in implementation of this most voted feature request? There is already a callback system in Opener+Bridge. Is it really difficult to add this new event? Or are there any other reasons why you do not want to support this?

4 Likes

That would indeed be very interesting. It is a simple feature and would improve the opener a lot.

3 Likes

It’s only due to restricted available ressources. We see the need, but had to make some decisions on priority. I still can’t give you any timeframe for that though as we do not publish oour roadmap.

Thanks for the reply.
But it feels to me Team Nuki should overthink their policies.
Why having a voting system for their customers when not taking action?
And if customers get unhappy because of not seeing progress, that’s probably also not the intention of the Nuki policy.
Opener feels a bit like a stepchild for Nuki. :confused:

4 Likes

Currently our main focus for the Opener is to increase the compatibility with intercoms. And with more users it will even get more important.

2 Likes

I can understand your position. But I think it is also not okay to ignore existing customers who are invested into the opener at a very early time.

4 Likes

Do I understand correctly that the only way to detect the bell ring currently is to continuously poll the log?

I use a workaround until the callback was created. I check for:

if ($json['deviceType'] === 2 && $json['state'] === 1){

this state was trigger after a ring when the Opener goes back to online Modus. The only side effect is, the “ring” was trigger after RTO was disabled by time or action.

Alex

2 Likes

Dear Nuki Developer Team,
that would be so much a killer feature; enabling the opener to pass on rings to locations in the house (or even garden), where the orignal handset cannot be heart.

8 Likes

It’s a pity that the Nuki Team is just sluggishly and slowly responding to the wishes of the community. The feature request is from Sep 2019 and has a very strong community support. But so far there is no sign that Nuki would like to add this feature request although it would probably be a small thing.

@ Team Nuki It’s nice that you want to bring the opener to the big area but there should also be capacity for a reasonable development to add important missing things.

6 Likes

Dear Nuki team
I am also very disappointed that a function that the community so desires cannot be implemented in useful time. what I do not understand in the Nuki WEB protocol, the status can also be output?

2 Likes

I am trying to use IFTTT as a workaround to get Nuki Opener ring notification to my homebridge smart home environment but even this is not reliable.
Webhook in IFTTT are working with other services perfect but with Nuki not at all. “Ring to Open. This trigger fires every time someone opens a door using Ring to Open.”
Sometimes it is working when somebody is running, most of the time not. Not very reliable and trustworthy.

Still no alternative for a native Nuki Bridge API Bell Ring of Nuki Opener as Trigger for Callbacks we are all waiting for over a half year now. :frowning:

4 Likes

@DJay Are those missed notifications still shown in the activity log of the Opener or also missing there? If you can see themn, please send my your IFTTT Applet version ID via PN I can try to check the IFTTT Logs (last 48 hours only) for error messages there.

In my opinion, we shouldn’t be too harsh or pushy on NUKI. I think it is great that we can influence the development to some extent, but they are not Apple with a army of developers and they probably have to prioritise much more stringent. Overall the products are great and I don’t want them to follow the bad fate of nello. I am sure that patience and increasing user numbers attracted by its basic functionality and security will bring more features for us tinkerers in the long run :slight_smile:

4 Likes