Nuki 3.0 Pro MQTT drop-offs

Hi!
For about 3 days now, I’m facing massive MQTT drop-offs with my Nuki 3.0 Pro. WiFi is always available and marked green in Connection Status when MQTT was dropped. Can that be related to firmware 3.9.5? I’ve set the lock to auto-update. Where can I see, when 3.9.5 was installed?

2 Likes

Hi, i have the same problem with my Nuki 3.0 with firmware 3.9.5
You found the same issue in this post Smart Lock 3.10.x Beta - #47 by thomas_boehm

In the Smart Locks activity log there is an entry when the update was installed. 3.9.5 was rolled out already some time ago, so you might have to scroll a bit.

Thanks, Jürgen!
3.9.5 was automatically installed on May, 29th.

That’s exactly correlating to my MQTT-connection problems in HA: Smart Lock 3.10.x Beta - #50 by alsFC

How can I get back to 3.8.7??

Opted in for Beta Program and testing 3.10.1 now…

I think i need to do this as im also having constant issues. Hows the new software looking so far?

For two days now, it’s completely stable since I installed 3.10.1!!

3.10.2 brings back the problems :weary:

This is what happened after upgrading from 3.10.1 to 3.10.2 last night at 9pm:

Seriously: why is it such a back and forth in the MQTT topic??

On v3.9.5 with the 3.0 Pro. For me, what I discovered from my Nuki is that MQTT disconnects because, the built-in Wifi has stopped connecting to my router.

This is annoying as there is no way to connect to Nuki unless I have my phone connected to it via Bluetooth or simply removing the power bank and inserting it in again.

I had the Nuki for 2 years now, and been using the stock HomeKit solution, which works flawlessly except it is too slow to unlock. My Apple TV communicates with Nuki via Bluetooth, which is why I never knew the problems with the built in Wifi that a great number of people are having.

As soon as I switched to MQTT which requires Wifi, my Nuki has become unreliable.

I finally got the DIY Homekey solution to use with my Nuki, and when it works with MQTT - it’s super fast. Too bad MQTT via Wifi is unreliable and one time my wife complained that she was almost locked out of the house.

The temp solution for me is to make an automation that if the NFC HomeKey is authenticated, unlock BOTH MQTT and stock HomeKit solutions at the same time. Yes, there will be two of the same locks shown on the Home app and we will get double notifications (if they are both active), but this is the only way to make my Nuki reliable again. If MQTT somehow fails, the bluetooth connection will still go ahead and unlock the door.

But please get this fixed man. Now that Aqara U200 is out in the UK, I’m tempted to get it.

Another observation: When MQTT/Wifi is dead, as soon as you unlock the door via Bluetooth, the Wifi connection goes active again, with MQTT working.

The Smart Lock uses an exponentially increasing reconnect timeout (from several seconds up to once per hour). A button press or BLE connection establishment resets this timeout. i.e. the Smart Lock does several retry attempts in a short period of time after it.

Please DM me the Nuki ID of your Smart Lock and also send me which WIFI router you use. Installing the latest 3.10.x beta would also be helpful in order to have more logs available.