Nuki 2.0: Signal strength based “nearby fence” (My "Issue" with Auto Unlock)

Feature Request Form see below

Hello,

I have another topic with the new SL 2.0.

The BLE connection for Auto Unlock is too good!

When I park my car at the back side of the house, the front door opens already at the front side. The distance is about 25 meters. So the front door is open for about 3-4 minutes without me being able to see the front door. So I cannot use Auto Unlock with the new SL 2.0 at the moment.

Are there any possibilities to limit the distance for Auto Unlock further now?

Otherwise, I would find the following expert settings useful:

• Configurable minimum signal strength for BLE connection for Auto Unlock
  • Second geofence zone, which is additionally checked during BLE connection, with configurable distance, e.g. < 10m. The validation frequency could increase with decreasing distance.
  • Auto Unlock only if bridge is also found (if possible at all)

Or are there other ideas/possibilities to reduce the sensitivity for Auto Unlock?

I hope you know what I mean? Thanks.

Many greetings
Frank

1 Like

A signal strength based “nearby fence” is the most likely option to make it into production.

You should move this into suggested features and start collecting votes for it.

Thanks for your reply. I have moved the topic and hope very much that you can implement it.

Maybe you can display the measured signal strength in the connection status and the minimum signal strength for the “nearby fence” in the Auto Unlock expert settings. Thats sounds pretty easy. :slight_smile:

I use iOS and would like to be a beta tester for the “nearby fence” to improve the Auto Unlock experience.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Feature Request Form

Product name

Nuki 2.0 (Apps)

Summary

Auto Unlock improvement because the SL 2.0 BLE connection is too sensitive.

Features

Signal strength based “nearby fence”.

Reason

The SL 2.0 BLE connection for Auto Unlock is too sensitive.

Examples

When I park my car at the back side of the house, the front door opens already at the front side. The distance is around 25 meters. So the front door is open for about 3-4 minutes without me being able to see the front door. Personal I cannot use Auto Unlock with the new SL 2.0 at the moment.

7 Likes

I have the same problem. If my wife parks her car near the house (about 10 Meters from door) NUKI opens the door and the door is closed again when my wife is in front of the door. My idea for solving this is setting a delay between NUKI recognizes a person and opening. Other possibility is setting the BLE sensitivity or a second geofence zone.
I think that many users have this problem.
Thomas

1 Like

Please vote for it. I hope that the feature will come soon!

1 Like

Same issue here but in my case I’m still in the building elevator and haven’t reached my floor yet that Nuki has already opened the door…

I am happy to be able to invite you to a first test run in connection with this feature request:

2 Likes

Moved this to #feature-requests:planned category as it is already public for Android and in Beta for iOS

The settings for Android can be found at Smart Actions / Auto Unlock settings / Expert settings / Auto Unlock Speed.