Motor replacement

Hi!
I have the Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 (build date 11/2022) with an 0x07 error.
The clutch motor is dead. I really like to repair it my self (guarantee is over).
Can you please help me to get a spare motor? Or the specs of the motor?

Thanks in advance !
Loïc

1 Like

The faulty guy.

Looks like a cheap motor from a 10€ RC car :joy:

It’s an RC motor, yes!
But I can’t find the specs :confused: If someone for @Team can help <3

Could be the Minebea PPN7PA09C2 FF-030PK ?

Possible confirmation of @Team ?
Thanks <3

waiting-ixdcqr5r6rgskuen

Hi,
I’m also trying to buy the correct motor. By mistake I ordered FF-030PK which is mentioned in repair video of 1st generation of SmartLock. Unfortunately 2nd and 3rd generation seems to have the same but newer version of motor. I suspect that Minebea PPN7PA09C2 FF-030PK might be the correct one.
Nuki Support doesn’t reply with any information. It’s a design defect and should be covered by manufacturer.
Most propably we won’t get any answer from them therefore I’ll order it in couple of days and will post information about it. Maybe I’ll make another popular YouTube video about manufacturer which doesn’t care about their customers😉

1 Like

It’s a shame.

The support team systematically avoids my question.
It’s crazy that a European manufacturer is unable to confirm the reference and allow us to exercise our right to repair.

I’m seriously considering abandoning Nuki after a long period of evangelising for their brand.

Soon … https://repair.eu/

1 Like

I’m not getting anymore of their products. I have several of their products and what they offered was a discount for a new lock, which I can buy for almost the same price from Amazon. They don’t even consider replacing product “god forbid”, because it might “set a precedent” - it’s their direct quote on my request. They don’t take under consideration fact, that in the past they used to replace them after warranty.
Shame, shame, shame… Let’s hope that right to repair will force them to help their customers.

Motors for Nuki products are custom made. You can’t purchase them off the shelf.

The motor mentioned above might work, but there is no guarantee for it. That’s why the support can not give you an answer to it too.

1 Like

It seems to be true. Just got answer from Kayser Electric GmbH:
sorry we can not helping this product is sold to our client but we can not make service for endcustomer even we want we have no parts available

@Juergen are you able to sell it to us or you’re not willing to help until our right to repair in UE becomes a fact and you won’t be able to deny it?

Btw. I ordered several motors Minebea PPN7PA09C2 FF-030PK. Independently from your response I will check it, and if it works (will have to modify axis of the motor) I’ll post reply, maybe even with YT video as well.

We have some spare parts that can be purchased and replaced by consumers, for all other parts there is currently no self repair program available. I’d suggest to create a feature request for an extension of the self repair program. This won’t help you immediately, but is the best form to channel interest in this topic.

P.S.: The EU self repair directive is only valid for certain product categories (see Appendix 2).

@Juergen as you do well know, you’re not providing ability of purchasing products such as electric motors which are internal parts of the Nuki smart locks. You do not design them, you do not manufacture them, and yet you’re making everything in order to make your faulty by design products to be unrepairable.

The Nuki Smart Lock is a smart home device, which does not fall under the product categories covered by the EU Right to Repair Directive (key word - YET). Therefore, Nuki is not legally obliged under this directive to sell you the electric motor or any other internal parts of the Smart Lock.

However, some companies voluntarily provide spare parts or repair services beyond what is required by law. Mainly because they’re trying to stay as green as possible, by lowering waste and polution.

Is Nuki willing to provide us with help or you’re admitting, that Nuki doesn’t care for environment whatsoever?

1 Like

Hi!
Thank you for your reply. And for not avoiding replying again.

I have huge doubts that the motor is exclusively made for you.

Why not sell advanced parts without waranty?
The EU right to repair arrive… Why not offer it “now” extended and now waiting and just do what the law ask.

Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like

The size of the motor is a quite common one, but all those motors have slight differences. Our motors need to pass certain quality checks (Durability tests, …) and the firmware parameters are also aligned to our motors. Therefore we can’t say if another motor works or not (while it is very likely that a DC motor of the same shape also works relatively similar).

We do care about the environment and invest substantial amounts into this (e.g. Amongst other things we’re cabon neutral). Offering a self repair program for after warranty devices is just a small piece in the overall environmental footprint. As said above, it’s a good idea and the more people want this the more sense it makes to implement it. The proper tool to voice interest here in the forum is a feature request. Therefore please go for it.

1 Like

@iooner Kayser Electric GmbH replied that this motor is sold to Nuki directly, and they’re not allowed to sell it even if they want to - this is the level of Nuki’s hipocrisy of being green, because they refuse to selling them to customers, so they can actually repair their products instead of producing huge amounts of electronic waste.

@Juergen come on… Nuki being green? Nuki as well as others companies paid for a positive review from “ClimatePartner” which is nothing else than GmbH, which stands for “company with limited liability”.

@Juergen I don’t think, that anyone else should be asking more than we do here. Why don’t you do it, if you consider Nuki being a green company? You know for a fact, that customers need it, you know that we’re not able to buy it from Kayser Electric, you know that you don’t offer any post guarantee support? What else you need to know to help in order to prove your point in which you portrait Nuki being eco friendly and green?

PLEASE VOTE

As said above we currently do not have such a self repair program for internal parts (and there is more required than just shipping motors in order to establish it). We do not comment about planned features or our roadmap here in the forum, so you won’t get an answer from us now here. If we establish it you will be able to read about it in our blog.

I already had my motor replaced once under warranty, and now it’s starting to fail again after 8 months.

This means that under the two years of warranty I will get my motor replaced 6 times by nuki, sending it back and forth each time - unless maybe the motor quality is upgraded.

Moreover France has unlimited warranty time against design defects from a brief search on the internet. (For example stick drift on switch joy cons)

Providing users an easy way to change the motor and give compatible references would probably save the company money.

Especially if a consumer’s association decides to bring a lawsuit against the company - a French classic.