Google Home Integration

Hello,

Are there still languages limitations for the Google integration?

Because when reading Google Actions documentation for Smartlock there are no strings to translate as only request make Google Assistant know what to do.
So is it because of authentication page or is there something else I don’t understand?

I would also like to have full Google Home integration where I am able to lock/unlock with the press of a button through the Google Home app. Sometimes voice unlocking/locking is not convenient.

This is possible with August Smart Locks. I’m surprised Nuki hasn’t made this possible seeing as Google Home/Assistant integration has been available for quite a while now.

Google integrations are strange.
The same API make different behaviors, it looks like Google gives some special access for some brands.
I tried to integrate my Nuki smart lock to Google Assistant with Home Assistant and I observed the same behavior we have with Nuki one.

There are a lot of strange things with Google, another example is the “lock doors” function in routines which only works in English, in other languages we have to add a manual action and type "lock ".

I don’t want to say Nuki is always perfect but we should remind Google makes a lot of strange things they are alone to understand :wink:

I wonder if using Nuki as a trigger for Google Home routines is possible or will be possible at some point… I tried using it but, apparently, the only possible trigger is “door locked”, you cannot choose to trigger a routine when the door is open or at least I didn’t manage to do it.

Door sensor state is not exposed to Google Assistant and even if it would be, as fare as I know door opened or closed is not part of routine triggers at all.
And because (fortunately) unlocking the smartlock requires a PIN, it cannot be a trigger.

To summarize, it looks like the only available Google assistant routine trigger for a smartlock is when it is locked.

The thing is, for using opening the door as a trigger, you don’t need a PIN. You open the door using the app or any other means, and this triggers the routine.

I am trying to replicate applets from IFTTT into Google Home. For instance, when I open the door I would like the Philips Hue lights to turn on… I wonder if Nuki is planning on supporting this at some point. @Kerstin_K

The thing is, for using opening the door as a trigger, you don’t need a PIN.

Yes, as you say with everything except Google Assistant, but what is to be considered for Google Assistant routines is the usage with Google Assistant and nothing else.
It is the same as to unlock the lock you don’t need a PIN with the app or with Nuki accessories but because you need a PIN with Google Assistant, it is locked for Google Assistant routine triggers.
The only “open” function is locking the door so it is the only usable trigger with Google Assistant for now.