Elvox 8879 as generic analogue intercom -> nuki opener

And yes, the A+ wire goes to the loudspeaker/bell.

Hi Patricia

That’s what I thought you did :slightly_smiling_face:. I still need the call function though. I hope Georg finds some time to answer / activate analog ring detection.

Kind regards

Wim

Hi Wim,
I have a Elvox 6329 and I’m trying to connect it to the opener but I’m not able. Please, can you show me how you did it?
Thanks in advance, best regards.
Fabio

@Xfabius @wvanholder did you guys get the 6329 to work with the opener?

Hi @Remi_YAZIGI , I was able to connect my elvox 6329 with opener for opening door by soldering the blue and violet wires to the intercom’s circuit board and configuring the intercom as generic analogue intercom, but ring detection, ring to open and doorbell suppression do not work and I don’t understand how to do that

Hello @Xfabius

I just posted a writeup at Nuki Opener instructions for Elvox Giotto 6329 (C)

Good luck!

Continuing the discussion from Elvox 8879 as generic analogue intercom -> nuki opener:

Thanks @wvanholder , I will try to activate ring detection and ring to open with your instructions.

Fabio

Dears,
I fully followed the instructions of @Zauberelfe00 for a 8879 but it doesn’t work. Is it maybe because my building system is only 2 cables?

Hi, which firmware version do you have installed on the opener? I myself have problems since the last two betas :frowning: - only opening is possible, ring to open not. BW, Patricia

Hi Guys!

Thanks many for the guide. Before starting to do it, could you confirm that this metod of integration it’s still working with elvox 8879?

Thanks many

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. unfortunately actually not fully. Opening via button is possible, ring to open not.

BW, Patricia

Actual status of the setup:

Will let you know if I can setup ring to open again.

1 Like

New Status: Elvox 8879 with the new white nuki opener is up & running again:

opening the door → ok
ring detection → ok
ring to open → ok
doorbell suppression → ok

The initial setup/manual is still working:
except.: used no opener firmware beta

The hidden ring detection setting is actually not available on ios 16 (newer iphones) regarding to the support it should be fixed in may.

I tried to implement the ring suppression setup from wvanholder, it works but also on elvox 8879 the response time is too high. I deactivated it and just pulled the wire from A+ again. (speaking not possible but ring to open)

Kindly, Patricia

Dear @Zauberelfe00 @wvanholder, Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your tips and tricks to make the Nuki opener compatible with 2 wires intercoms.

I have an Elvox 8879 system and before I buy a Nuki opener + Bridge, can you please confirm what is the actual status ?
Does it work with beta firmware ?
With both phone app and physical intercom button ?
Is the speaking option possible ?
Do we still need to contact Nuki team for the voltage 9V setting ?

My need is to be able to open remotely the main building entrance door via my phone, when someone rings. I don’t want automatic door opening. Having the speaking option would be a bonus.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.
I think I went through all existing discussions but I am not if I understood everything well, so I prefer asking before buying an Nuki opener and Bridge for nothing. Cheers !

I forget to mention that Elvox 8875 is written as compatible on the Nuki website, but I don’t find the 8879… so that’s why I have all the questions in my previous message about the 8879. Thank you a lot in advance for your answers. Any help is welcome !

Hello Littlebird

I don’t have the answers to your specific questions. For your main goals as stated at the end of your mail I think it’s OK. Speaker is a no-go I think. Many question is if Nuki still responds to requests to enable analog openers, which I ignore.

Kind regards

Wim

Hi, sorry for the late response. Unfortunately the 8875 is a completely different system. 8879 was marked as compatible in the future but they deleted the status a while ago…………:…

With my setup 8879 is compatible with the new white nuki opener, and the new firmware. (imo beta is not necessary) It actually works but i had to change the black opener to the white opener.

Opening remote + speaking is possible. Automatic opening + speaking not. So it should work as u want.

You can find the setup + my new status,… here:

Kindly,

Patricia

and yes contacting the team for the voltage setting is necessary

opening via intercom button: i need to test it :slight_smile:

EN
Hello everyone,
my condominium is changing all the intercoms with an ELVOX system.

The options for the internal intercom are these four:

Would anyone be able to tell me which of these is compatible with the Nuki Opener? My need is to remotely open the building’s single entrance door.

Thank you,
Andrea

IT
Ciao a tutti,
il mio condominio sta cambiando tutti i citofoni con un impianto ELVOX.

Le opzioni di citofono interno sono queste quattro:

• ELVOX - Tab 4.3 - 7548

• ELVOX - Tab Free 4.3 - 7558

• ELVOX - Tab 5S - 40515

• ELVOX - VOXIE - 40540

Qualcuno saprebbe indicarmi quale di queste è compatibile con il Nuki Opener. La mia necessità è quella di aprire da remoto l’unico portone di ingresso del condominio.

Vi ringrazio,
Andrea

Hi,

I contacted support but I can’t convince them to activate “ring detection” on the app (Android).
What did you tell them to convince them?
Do you have someone specific’s email address?

Thank you for the support and for the precious work done!

Marco.