Bridge discovery & HTTP-API activation

HTTP API ist activated and token is set and you still get this error when calling an endpoint?

Http API is activated. “Token is set” means in the bridge app? Then yes. Is that to be done somewhere else?

Yes, I meant the token in the Bridge management.

Then you call an endpoint with e.g.
http://192.168.1.50:8080/list?token=123456

Which is working here for me. So I can’t reproduce your problem yet.
The error should only come, when you send a wrong token or no token at all.

I am using software bridge. I understood bridge management does not work.
In the bridge app I activated the option “http API” where I also found the local IP-address and an API token. Is this the token I should use? Or the API-token I created via web?
Sorry. I am a bit confused.

In addition:
The connection seems to work but I can’t reach the smart lock. Doesn’t make sense for me.

I deleted the smart lock in the software bridge and reconnected again. Now it seems to work. I get responces and it is also reachable from outside.

Thanks for help…

1 Like

Nice to hear it is working now! :slight_smile:

Hi there!

When I’m trying to list all smart locks, I get an ‘HTTP 503 Unavailable’ response, although I already activated the API in the app bridge management (while using the api key for the http request, of course).

A restart of bridge doesn’t work either. I also tried Holgers approach, but I wasn’t lucky.

In the app the smart locks have a green connection to the bridge and I’m able to performe lock/unlock etc.

Do you have an idea how to fix this?

Edit: Just found this new thread from today:

On the back of my bridge there is a Nuki-ID starting with the number 15. Is this the mentioned serial id of the new hardware revision? I’m a bit confused, because you mentioned shipping next week, but I got my bridge today. Did I got an early bird? :smiley:

Yes. First units shipped already this week.

1 Like

Hello!

maybe my question fits the topic. I would like to operate my bridge only “locally”. That means the bridge should not connect to a Nuki server to register itself or my Nukis or to oush states or allow actions from the internet. Firmware updates are allowed of course.

I have the bridge for the REST API.

Do I have to configure that extra, or is that the standard?

1 Like

I’d be also interested in an answer to that question.Is it possible to operate the bridge totally without a connection to any Nuki server? And bonus question: Can I still use the Nuki app when I’m (e.g. via VPN) in the local WiFi of the Bridge?

Or maybe I’ll formulate my question more exactly:

After issuing

curl -s "192.168.1.10:8080/configAuth?enable=0&token=TOKEN"

for Nuki it’s not possible to access the bridge - means it’s LAN only mode and uses the WiFi only for local connections and firmware updates. Right? @MatthiasK?

The Nuki Bridge in general works in an Wifi without connection to our server (except for it not getting firmware updates). We had some problems with new hardware revision bridges (FW 2.x) though, which should be solved with the current firmware (so please make sure to get it only for an update at least once; the bridge checks for updates 1 hour after a restart and then all subsequent 24 hours).

The Nuki App does never directly communicate with the bridge. The Bridge just “bridges” commands from the App to the Smart Lock (received via Nuki server) if the App is not in BLE range of the Smart Lock.

The local Bridge API on the other hand is independent from internet access, as it only works locally.

Hm, I’d appreciate if one could somewhere find an architecture diagram when who talks to who. I’d like to avoid that Nuki Bridge talks to your servers except for Firmware Updates.

When does the Nuki Bridge talk to your servers in which configurations? What happens when I do a VPN to my local network?

Sorry to ask these basic questions, but I’ve never found sufficient answers on your site.

Hi!

Just a quick answer as I try to catch up after being back in the office :slight_smile:

The bridge will always try to push status updates of the lock to enable remote access. You can’t just restrict that to firmware updates. If you set it up in an local network without internet access you can still use it locally and could for example bring it only from time to time to force an firmware update via Bridge API call.

PM me for more details if needed.

Leider lässt sich nach Aktivierung der API und trotz Eingabe einer fixen IP-Adresse diese nicht halten. Die IP ändert sich auf 0.0.0.0 und lässt sich auch nicht ändern.

Static IP is not supported in FW 2.x at the moment

IP 0.0.0.0 was a problem we already had when Bridges were offline. Which FW version do you have atm?

The current firmware of the Bridge is 2.2.12
Is it not possible to fix the IP address at the moment?

As mentioned above, sadly static IP is not working at the moment for FW 2.x

In general we are trying to reproduce all reports (which was not successfull for everything), but we see that where seems to be some remeining issues for users we will try to cover in a bigger update.

I am getting the same problem. When I call the Nuki Endpoint, I receive my bridge id and the timestamp.
I have a normal connection in the API.
Here is what I see when I want to manage my bridge, when I do the 10 second thing, it just reconnects it to my smart home:

I can’t seem to reach the endpoint of the bridge through http, but I know the IP of the bridge (192.168.178.60).

I am a bit frustrated with the setup to be honest. Alongside every step of the way I have found issues and had to do things twice.

I have the white edition, if this makes any difference to firmware, hardware, whatever.
I have an API token set online. Under the list of devices, my bridge is not shown, but presumably this is standard?

Thanks for any help. I have unplugged the bridge to no avail. I don’t know what else to do. I followed every step. The first time around, it didn’t work. Had to redo everything and then everything worked fine.