Auto-Unlock an hour after entering the flat

Same here. Door opened with a key (21:23), three minutes thereafter (21:26) Nuki registers the phone and Auto Unlock opens the door again. We need something to prevent this from happening, this is a potential security risk when one doesn’t notice it!

One more here with same behaviour. This cannot continue like this. I have 3 small kids at home and the door opens alone! fix this please

2 Likes

It’s really sad how long developers and support staff need to address this request properly.

1 Like

Still nothing, huh? @MatthiasK

As I can’t update the 1st post:
All I want is a setting for the smartlock where i can set the timeout after the door was opened.
The Timeout is there already, but too short. Just make it a slider between 0 (or 1) and 240 minutes or something like this. Or 5 fixed values, 2, 5, 10, 60 and 200 minutes or so. Should not be that hard and solves all the mentioned problems

1 Like

Push …

1 Like

Several months later, still nothing.

I’m not sure what you are waiting for?

If you want to file a feature request, please do so in the feature requests section and collect votes for it.

Hm, I dunno … MAYBE A SOLUTION TO THE NOW MULTIPLE TIMES DESCRIPTED PROBLEM?!
Several users reported the same problem, provided logs, screenshots and even suggested solutions. And the only reaction we got so far was Stephan, who appearantly didn’t understand what the problem was and then several months of no reaction at all.
It’s a potential security problem and you just see to be oblivious to it or don’t want to fix it.

1 Like
  1. There are multiple problems described in this thread. Stephans reaction was perfectly accurate to the problem that was discussed at this point.
  2. If it were that easy it would have been already fixed. The Nuki Auto-Unlock feature does already use several filters and inputs in order to fix too late or inaccurate Geofence events created by your phone, still there are some cases that can not be eliminated. → If you do the Auto-Unlock function does not work in your setting, you better not use it and use “Smart Notifications” instead.

P.S.: Often increasing the geofence size helps to trigger the Geofence earlier and reduce the likeliness of a too late geofence event.

I voted for feature request, I think the below is pretty ridiculous, I opened the door via the app (the alert didn’t come up as it usually does, doesn’t really matter why), just to have it (auto) unlocked again 3 minutes later?

Hi @Juergen, to your 2nd point:
Partly true, as Nuki just can’t know the phone has location/geofencing on powersafe in some scenarios. But also, there is a very easy solution which has been mentioned multiple times:
Make the 2min timeout configurable (2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120 min or freetext).
Up to an hour is probably fine for most usecases.
You already have the logic for filtering auto unlocks for two minutes, so it’s literally just making that value configurable.

This is not a feature request, it just makes the auto unlock feature usable in everyday scenarios, so it is a bugfix, or a feature enabling enhancement, if you want to call it that.

Thanks & BR
Leo

In terms of implemenation yes. The problem is that implementing a new feature is just a small part of a “new feature”. It also needs to be integrated in the full ecosystem, explained and - which is in this case the biggest problem - customer care needs to be briefed and deal with all the (non tech) people that change the setting without knowing or understanding the side effects. Thus adding a new feature could create more unhappy customers than happy ones, which is one of the trade offs the product team has to take care of when putting together the roadmap.

Which is understandable. What is not understandable that it took several months for the first kind of useful answers by a dev.
As described before this could be potential security risk. Imagine this scenario:

1. Auto Unlock doens’t work for reasons unknown, doesn’t matter. Maybe the phone is turned off or in power saving, really doesn’t matter. And btw. I’m perfectly fine with it if it doesn’t work 100 % or takes a few seconds extra, no big deal.
  2. I open the door by other means, so manually via the app or via a key or keypad or somebody else opens it from inside.
  3. Now a couple of minutes later suddenly Auto Unlock opens the door and nobody recognizes it, because nobody is close enough to the door. Now we have a potential security risk. This could be overnight, kids could be at home alone …

The problem seems to be, that Auto Unlock isn’t deactivated once the door sensor registers that the door was opened and closed again. And for this we need some settings or adjustments in order to prevent the scenario described above. We had this several times now when Auto Unlock was too slow for our liking and we opened the door with a key only to realize an hour later that Auto Unlock opened the door again after we already were inside.

I really understand you, but they can’t react to all possible cases. For example, when they do what you want, that auto-unlock will disable from the lock when someone opened manually, how long should be the period then, when the lock enables it again, because also then, when your phone is reachable just after this period, would again opens the door, but even more later then, and it would also prevent auto-unlock for a family member, what comes home shortly after you, - what helps in your case, is a down for a other case. We can’t have all. No offence!

Which is exactly why we suggested an adjustable time setting. And this discussion is why we have a forum. But there will be no discussion or change when the devs don’t answer for months.

I agree, a adjustable time setting would be convenient, to set it up for getting the best value for the own usecases, but it will not solve all this issues,- there will be always cases, where the setting will not be optimal then. The only thing to do, is to make a feature request (I assume this is already done), and vote for it and discuss it there, I would say.

Same in my case Lock 3.0 Pro

we hat similar experiences multiple times. but even with 100% battery. aut unlock after being at home for 3 hours and while sleeping. not a great scenario. i deactivated auto unlock.

Please contact your customer support via Help → Contact customer support to evaluate your problem.