Auto-Unlock an hour after entering the flat

You can change the distance (called “unlock speed” iirc) in the smartlock settings. When I switched from my HTC U11 to the Oneplus 8 pro, the recognition distance extended a lot (I guess due to better phone-BT hardware). I played around with the app settings and don’t have this issue anymore

Yes i have choosen the slower choise there , but still sometimes has problem! It is not everytime… Bug 100% …

Any updates for this, any developer comment? The easiest for my problem (auto unlock activates after using a normal key to open the door) would be deactivate auto unlock for a couple of minutes after the door was opened (no matter how, just use the sensor).

Hello?!

Any dev comment on this issue?

Auto Unlock is already blocked for a few minutes after an unlock/open action happened.
But at the same time we can not filter out those extreme cases on Smart Lock side by too extreme filters, as this could decrease user experience with AU again.
So for unwanted openings it is very important to send log files from the Nuki App to our support to check the root-cause on the smartphone (which handles most of the logic).

Thanks for your feedback Stephan.

So for unwanted openings it is very important to send log files from the Nuki App to our support to check the root-cause on the smartphone (which handles most of the logic).

I already did that twice. I guess it’s obvious that it’s a phone releated problem (deep sleep / slow location update or sth likek this regardless of battery optimisation being turned off).
I can collect logs again and send them in, but the result will most likely be the same

Auto Unlock is already blocked for a few minutes after an unlock/open action happened.
But at the same time we can not filter out those extreme cases on Smart Lock side by too extreme filters, as this could decrease user experience with AU again.

The easiest solution would be to add an expert settings to configure the timeout for AU after the door was unlocked (regardles of how and by whom). I understand that changing the default value to a higher one makes the usecase worse for other users, but making this configurable would solve the problem, as I (and probably others) don’t mind setting it to 1h or 30mins or sth like this to prevent the door from randomly opening

Edit –
It’s also clear for me that such a filter timeout is set on the SL and not on the phone, thus affecting all users. Still it’s a better option, at least when it’s configurable.

1 Like

The easiest solution would be to add an expert settings to configure the timeout for AU after the door was unlocked (regardles of how and by whom). I understand that changing the default value to a higher one makes the usecase worse for other users, but making this configurable would solve the problem, as I (and probably others) don’t mind setting it to 1h or 30mins or sth like this to prevent the door from randomly opening

This! The smart lock should register when the door is opened by others means than the smart lock itself. And this

Is clearly not the case for us atm. Otherwise Auto Unlock wouldn’t open the door a few minutes after we opened it with a regular key.

I rechecked the exact current value. It is 2 minutes; see also Auto Unlock – Nuki unlocks your door automatically – Nuki Support

But this isn’t what we are trying to describe.

If I open the door without any involvement of the Nuki app (reason doesn’t matter) and then Nuki registers me inside the geofence it shouldn’t open the door again. And currently it does.

In example: What behauvior do you expect when I activate flight mode before entering the geofence, open the door with a key, close it again and deactivate the flight mode? Auto unlock will open the door, right? Now I want a setting where it doesn’t. It should register the manual door opening and then deactivate Auto Unlock, because obviously I’m now inside and don’t want the door to open again.

1 Like

Hi Stephan, just as I wanted to send a log , it happened again some mins ago. Sent a request (ticket id 81695). 2 mins just are not enough. Pls make this time configurable.

1 Like

Same here. Door opened with a key (21:23), three minutes thereafter (21:26) Nuki registers the phone and Auto Unlock opens the door again. We need something to prevent this from happening, this is a potential security risk when one doesn’t notice it!

One more here with same behaviour. This cannot continue like this. I have 3 small kids at home and the door opens alone! fix this please

2 Likes

It’s really sad how long developers and support staff need to address this request properly.

1 Like

Still nothing, huh? @MatthiasK

As I can’t update the 1st post:
All I want is a setting for the smartlock where i can set the timeout after the door was opened.
The Timeout is there already, but too short. Just make it a slider between 0 (or 1) and 240 minutes or something like this. Or 5 fixed values, 2, 5, 10, 60 and 200 minutes or so. Should not be that hard and solves all the mentioned problems

1 Like

Push …

1 Like

Several months later, still nothing.

I’m not sure what you are waiting for?

If you want to file a feature request, please do so in the feature requests section and collect votes for it.

Hm, I dunno … MAYBE A SOLUTION TO THE NOW MULTIPLE TIMES DESCRIPTED PROBLEM?!
Several users reported the same problem, provided logs, screenshots and even suggested solutions. And the only reaction we got so far was Stephan, who appearantly didn’t understand what the problem was and then several months of no reaction at all.
It’s a potential security problem and you just see to be oblivious to it or don’t want to fix it.

1 Like