ABB or Busch Welcome series

I’m exactly in the same boat now … I tried the “Generic” way as well, and as the others opening the door didn’t work … Shall I give a spin at the “Other Door”, or is it worthless and won’t add any info to the ABB/B&J story?! I’m really looking forward to try something out, this is the last step before taking back physical keys from my kids, since the Opener works nicely so far :slight_smile:
Tnx,
-j

hi stefan
my intercom is working again.
i have done some measures with an oscilloscope and sent it to nuki.

maybe they can use my measures to get a clue how to setup the opener for our intercom.

but now i am waiting for an answer.
will do a post, if i have more infos.

do you have the same intercom from „busch & jaeger - audio innenstation standard“?

and does the opener work with your intercom?
if yes, what was your setup?

thanks for your answer.

Hi Fidan, super cool , would be awesome if Jürgen could help us here with ur logs!!
Can’t wait to have all Nuki gears working :clap:t3::clap:t3:

do you have the same intercom from „busch & jaeger - audio innenstation standard“?

Indeed … the very same 83120, only B&J instead of ABB, and the color to a1 red instead of white, to b1 blue as well …

and does the opener work with your intercom?

to some extent, as the OP … it detects the “ringing”, but then cannot open the door in the last step …

if yes, what was your setup?

using the “Generic” “Bus” Intercom, following the app guiding, connecting the green and red cables on the bus +, if i’m not mistaken (but it was correct wrt the app). I wanted to give a try to “Other Door” solution, but I didn’t get from the forum whether this was a final solution or not, i just need the door’s opening, not the “bell&whistles” suppression :slight_smile:

thanks for your answer.

We’re on the same boat i guess :slight_smile:
-j

Add-on: I’ve a multimeter in place at home, I checked the voltages just to be sure I won’t die :slight_smile: … If needed i can borrow an oscilloscope as well from my lab, but then i’ve to tinker in the night, with kids present is quite difficult …
-j

hi john
iif you have the possibility to do a measurement, then do the following steps.

take your oscilloscope with “Channel 1” and put the first part of the measured peak and put it on “a1” (abb intercom) and the other part to “b1” (intercom)

start the recording on the oscilloscope on your pc (if you have usb oscilloscope)
the press the opening button on your intercom 2-3 times

if it is possible to post it here in the chat, that would be great.

i will do some measurements in the evening.

should look like this, but only with channel 1:

Hi, I finally did some quick measures (with the ground of the probes properly connected :slight_smile: ).
I’ve a Rigol oscilloscope, that natively saves in a weird binary format, and there is only a converter for Windows, and I’m on Mac. I manage to have some screenshots:

I measured in AC, since there is a strong DC offset (about 50V), with a 1:1 probe. The initial peak is when i press the “Open Door” button, then there are all the “wiggles” that I suppose are the bus command to try to open the door down in the entrance. It is pretty a long signal, is lasts about 3-4s …

I also managed to save some data in CSV, but being not compressed it took forever to have them saved on the USB Key …

This is a screenshot of the CSV in MATLAB:

It’s a short, low time resolution one. The “Big One” has a better insight of the bus “wiggles”:

and even more zoomed:

Working with the CSV I’ve lost all the time and amplitude informations … but if anyone @Nuki is interested (and has some windows computer available) I can obviously provide the .trc and .wfm files that I’ve collected …
Best,
-j

hi john
thanks for your effort.

i’ve sent your message to another nuki team member.
maybe your recordings can help them to figure out the peak-signal for opening the door.

@Juergen what do you think about those recordings?
maybe Georg can say a bit more about this.

thanks for your answer.

hi john
thanks for your effort.

No worries, as said the main limitation is that my o’scope spits out weirds formats, oh well …

i’ve sent your message to another nuki team member.
maybe your recordings can help them to figure out the peak-signal for opening the door.

I can make additional measurements if needed, but next week end …

@Juergen what do you think about those recordings?
maybe Georg can say a bit more about this.

If you tell me why you want / need, I can try to measure it next week …

thanks for your answer.

You’re welcome!
Best,
-j

@John_Fiamazo & @Swerner: das nuki-team hat ein profil von busch-jaeger vorliegen und versucht die signale nachzumachen. Sobald ich mehr weiss und es funktioniert, gebe ich euch Bescheid oder das Nuki Team teilt es selbst mit.

Hallo Fidan and John, this is awesome and I would be very happy to test and support your findings from the recording you did, hope Jürgen can help this Nuki community a lot !!

Super guys !!

Ciao Stefan

Hi,
Danke fürs Bescheid geben … wie gesagt, wenn’s nötig, ich kann nochmal mit dem Oszi spielen …
LG,
-g

@John_Fiamazo & @Swerner: If I get an answer from the nuki team, I will inform you.

But I think that our intercom is not the first priority for the nuki team.

@John_Fiamazo: if the nuki team need some more measurements, i will write it here in the forum.

@John_Fiamazo & @Swerner: If I get an answer from the nuki team, I will inform you.
But I think that our intercom is not the first priority for the nuki team.

Which is weird … I’d say 50% of the Bayern population has a Busch&Jaeger … whatever …

@John_Fiamazo: if the nuki team need some more measurements, i will write it here in the forum.

Fine enough, just I need time to organise … let’s see … I really hope they find something before I go crazy and I build my own Opener with an Arduino, and my own Bridge with a Raspberry Pi … not likely, don’t have that much free time sadly :frowning:

Hi Fidan,
did you get any feedback on the measurements from John ?

I believe the Busch and Jäger intercom , ABB here in Switzerland are the Market leader next to siedle.

I know a lot of people who would buy if the unit would understand the bus, this is for sure as they always check what the blackbox is next to my ABB unit …

@Juergen does Nuki sales and marketing could check this fact for Germany and Switzerland ?

Ciao Stefan

@Swerner: the status is still in progress and the nuki team is working on it.
but I think it will be a while before we get a response.

I agree with you, Busch-Jaeger aka ABB, Koch and Jung are the market leaders in Switzerland. Accordingly, it would certainly be a great advantage if the Nuki team could make these brands compatible with the opener.

Maybe next year @Georg_S will be able to use the profile or the measurements to adapt the firmware of the opener so that we can all use the opener.

@Juergen, @Georg_S can you maybe give us a time-slot when you will look at the profile or the measurements for the Busch-Jaeger intercoms?
then maybe no further inquiries will be wrote in the forum if we know when it will be reviewed.
something like from “in the first or second quarter of 2020”.

We usually don’t share such data, but the people checking for such a system within the “population of people interested in the Nuki Opener” (i.e. completing the compatibility check on our website) is not very high. Actually below 1% even in Switzerland.

In terms of roadmap we can not (and do not want to) give a fixed date, because we simply don’t know. We constantly work on the list of supported systems and rank them by marketshare. Depending on how long the integration of a system takes, the investigation into the next one starts earlier or later.

Hi Jürgen,
thanks a lot for the feedback of yours and indeed I know product roadmap is what companies will not share in blogs like this very good one !

Just check if you could add the 2 brands in the list of systems (your comp check on the website, they are not in the list) , I guess some would click in this regard, also in Germany which I believe the market share is high , as in CH.

We made same experience once with our product as this information will not land with the products team, normally people will no write you that the system is not in the list, only very interested like us do this :slight_smile:

If you check with your distribution (like Galaxus here in CH) they might confirm what we ask, hope this makes sense ?

Ciao Stefan

Yes, it does and we already planned to add the brands to the drop-down in order to help with discovery too.