ABB or Busch Welcome series

It does make sense for me. There are many ABB Welcome video intercoms in Spain… and still not working… how could we help to find a solution? I have the opened since almost two months and not still working…

I would support that. In a lot of new buildings still the two wire door bells are placed - but as well with video.

As a third step maybe - a plug-in / cooperation with Busch Jägers free@home - where also that intercom systems are integrated - and only need an interface to an local API (Internet - Nuki Bridge - home network - free@home local API - free@home door bell acutator)

This would be more a SOFTWARE solution and not a Nuki Opener Solution

I wanted now to try out the opener - is there a new cabeling scheme?

Updated already to 1.6.4

Ring to open still not working - hoping for an update

1 Like

Hallo Leute,

ich habe eine Möglichkeit gefunden mit etwas Kabel und Lötkolben die Busch und Jäger Gegensprechanlage in vollen Umfang mit Ring to Open Funktion zu nutzen. Ich werde dazu einmal eine Anleitung anfertigen und hier in diesem Forum zur Verfügung stellen.

6 Likes

Hallo,
könntest du die Anleitung mal posten, wäre sehr interessiert.
vielen Dank und VG Wisdome

1 Like

I had been away from the forum and tried a reconfig, ended up with a non-functioning intercom and opener.

Are the app instructions useless at this point of time?

Hello,

So I was able to setup the opener again with red-a1 and black-b1 configuration. Took me 7 tries to get it done.

Question: Doesn the Ring suppression work for anyone?

It‘s not working and I don‘t know if it really will
work in the future. Because the nuki team has problems to recognize only our ring otherwise you would get a message if somebody rings anywhere in your building.

maybe @Georg_S has more information about the status?

When we do the configuration, at that time the app recognizes the ring. Does that means that it will recognize if i had rang someone else’s ring too?

Sadly I will sell my Opener because the lack of support for this ABB.

news?

no news, no support, no help …

think the opener is a thing for the trash

I am in the same situation, with the opener, I have bought it for a year and I can only use it to decorate

1 Like

Hallo Markus,

Kannst du mir Bitte per PM die Anleitung zukommen lassen?
Verrückterweise finde Ich über die Google Bildersuche mit deinem Namen die Schematics zum Löten aber wenn Ich hier schaue sehe ich sie nicht. Es ist wie als hätte sie jemand gelöscht?

Viele Grüße

Robert

@MarkusNuki wäre auch interessiert

Hello all,

As @MarkusNuki pointed out there seems to be a way to make “Ring to Open” work. For me this is rather critical as without it even the keyless entry to my apartment is useless as I cannot enter the main building. So in short the entire decision on to keep or dump the Nuki ecosystem depends on it.

If I understand it correctly @MarkusNuki got it to work by simply connecting the Blue cable of the Nuki Opener with the Analog switch I/O of the ABB Busch Jaeger 83205 PCB (the top one). Sadly his schematic is only visible in the Google Cache of this thread but not here anymore.

I will try to reproduce it and report on my success in the next days. Here is my current configuration which is working, except for the critical ring-to-open feature.

Cabling setup

• Black cable → BUS- or B1
  • Red cable → Clamp
  • Green cable → Clamp
  • Orange cable → Clamp
  • Yellow cable → Clamp
  • Bus+ or A1 (coming from the wall) → Clamp

Make sure to use a professional clamp for connecting the cables, the one delivered by Nuki does not hold the cables well enough, they often get loose or loose connection.

The blue cable for triggering the buzzer / door-opener and the brown cable are not used currently. Though based on my understanding the blue cable needs a link as well for the buzzer / door opener to work.

As follows the wiring and schematics I gathered for me testings plus the one missing from @MarkusNuki original post.

Schematics by Nuki from the Generic Guide:

Initial cabling at my Home:

Photo of the ABB Busch Jaeger 83205 PCB Boards:

Thumbnail of the wiring by @MarkusNuki :
abb

Let’s try to resolve this together.

Maybe I am just doing something wrong so I am happy for any obvious errors and support. I will investigate it in the next days from my side to decide if I keep the system or refund it.

With greetings from Berlin

Robert

A short update, I decided to order a second ABB Busch Jaeger 83205 off eBay for just 40 bucks. This is my fallback if I end up killing my existing door control. I will post the instructions here end of next week. Maybe there is even a response by somebody else on this thread with prior experience until then.

With greetings

Robert

@Robert86 big thxs

Hi All.
I just bought the full set of nuki products and mi abb welcome intercom is not working as it should be.
I have go with the simple couple of cables setup, and the app recognizes the setup, but not the clicking of door opener after someone call home,meaning I can’t end the configuration.

I have read the full post, and looks like there is no one showing the situation I’m facing.

Have anyone experience this? Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Luis