Urgently needed information for essay: All 1000 scanned ports are in ignored states - Smart Lock 3.0 Pro

Dear all,

As part of a lecture I have to analyze an IoT device. The device that I chose is the NUKI Smart Lock 3.0 Pro. At the moment I’m trying to find out which ports are open. I used the port scanner program “nmap”. When I use the command “nmap Smart Lock’s IP-Adrress -sV” (with the command sV open ports and information about their services are probed) following output is shown on the control:

Nmap scan report for Smart Lock’s IP-Adrress
Host is up (0.069s latency)
All 1000 scanned ports on Smart Lock’s IP-Adrress are in ignored states.
Not shown: 1000 closed tcp ports (reset)

Unfortunatly I don’t know what else I can do to detect the Smart Lock’s open ports.
How can I figure out which of the ports, that the Smart Lock uses, are open?

I hope someone can help me with this problem because I urgently need these information for my essay.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Mimi

The Smart Lock 3.0 Pro works with outgoing SSL connections. There are no ports open that wait for any input (e.g. where a server is running).

1 Like

Thank you so much, Jürgen!
This information will help me a lot with my essay.

Does this mean that even port 443 is not open?
I read in another discussion (here is the link to the discussion: External communication from Nuki Bridge to Nuki Server) that you need to keep port 443 open in order to use the remote access feature. But that only applies to Smart Locks, that use a Nuki Bridge for external communication. Did I understand it correctly?

Yes. Port 443 is not open.

The linked discussion was about firewall rules for outgoing traffic. If the firewall closes port 443 for outgoing communication the Smart Lock won’t be able to connect to Nuki servers.

1 Like