Smart Lock (4th Generation) - Set up Home Assistant for Remote Access via Thread

Working the online with matter here! Thanks Marc for your help.

I had to remove the bridge connection from my esp32 nuki hub and remove the bridge connection from the nuki. After that an option to enable the online appeared in matter section.

I can manage the app without the bt connection and in nuki web :v:

1 Like

Hello, I have ZBDongle-E, with openrouter firmware, nat64 enabled, but it doesn’t work for me.

NEST-PAN-xxxx is the Thread network of a Google Nest Hub.
So you’re actually not adding the Smart Lock to the network named home-assistant as shown in the other screenshot.

Try to run Troubleshooting => “Sync thread credentials” in Home Assistants companion app.

1 Like

I previously had the Nuki Smart lock connected with thread to the nest hub. Now I have the home assistant recently installed, the Nest hub disconnected from the electrical network. I have everything right and I get this error. Could it be that the Nuki smart lock has it in memory? How do I delete the nuki smart lock credentials?

The credentials are sent by the app, so they are wrong there.
What was the result of “Sync Thread credentials”?

As far as I know is only possible to sync credentials for google or Apple border routers. At least in my case was impossible to pair the nuki to my thread network using an iPhone or android. I could finally pair it directly using chrome and websocks following these instructions:

1 Like

Hi Marc It already works for me with home assistant but with the nuki application I don’t have remote access. How can I solve?

With matter addon version 5.1.1 and 5.1.0 I get random disconnetions and nuki is not available again until matter is rebooted. Downgrading to 5.0.4 seems to fix the disconnections.

I’m totally lost right here. I got myself a 2nd SkyConnect stick (because I want to use the 1st one only for ZigBee). But when I try to install the AddOn on my HA (latest version) Pi (4) System I can’t because it’s only available for arm64 and aarch64.

BUT I can add an Integration named Open Thread Border Router but this asks me in the first step for the URL of the REST-API of my Border Router. I thought my 2nd SkyConnect stick would be the new Border Router? I don’t know what to enter or if I’m already doing something completely wrong.

I have to add that I already have 2 HomePods at home which act as Border Routers and they are listed in HA within the Thread Integration.

Thanks for any hints.

You need the addon Open Thread Border Router installed to use the skyconnect as a border router, if it is not available for raspberry you will have to wait or move to another pc with x86…

Ok, thanks, but I’m confused since the author of this article wrote any HA compatible hardware would be ok.

Which addon?

I think you did not install the OTBR addon but tried to add the OTBR integration instead.
After installing and starting the OTBR addon, the integration should be there automatically.

It seems the OTBR addon is not available on arm32 (Pi 4). And HA for Pi 5 is not yet officially released. And since there’s no mentioning of ARM, this wouldn’t even work on a Pi 5.

Yes I think they dropped 32-bit support for OTBR.
But why is your Pi 4 running arm32 an not aarch64?

I don’t know. I use the official HA Operating System.

Me too, also on a Pi 4.
But I’ve installed the aarch64 to benefit from 64-bit.

So I probably need to reinstall with a new image? My system already runs for a few years. Hope my backups are still working then … :wink: But thanks for the aarch64 hint!

Well I’ve successfully used a backup to restore a RPi 3 Image on a RPi 4 without any issues but don’t pin me on that :wink:

Don’t worry, I won’t. :wink: Flashing right now …

Up and running now. Thanks again for helping out!

1 Like