Smart Lock (4th generation) Firmware Beta 4.3.x

Sounds good, when 4.3. will be released as stable Update?

For me 4.2.x became pretty stable. Now my front door lock is updated to 4.3.1 and it disconnected MQTT twice in the past few days. My back door is on 4.2.x and that one is stable.

… and there we go again…

My Nuki was working fine via HA/Thread/Skyconnect for several days, then it stopped working yesterday after a sudden battery drain:

Noticed it this morning as it wouldn’t even unlock via the official Android app via Bluetooth.

Had to remove the battery pack and put it back in place, then it requested to re-calibrate the lock.

And it just came back via Matter with a higher battery level:

Original post has been updated with release notes for the Smart Lock Beta 4.3.2

This Beta includes improvements on the MQTT connection stability (improved TCP-ACK handling) as well as a critical bugfix for the Bridge notification handling.

Please install this build and provide feedback via this channel - thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hi Thank you for responding,
I have Beta 4.2.6
1-I will try Bridge notification handling.
2- MQTT connection in 4.2.6 for me its good i have some problems disconnecting
3- Matter in 4.2.6 Many problems and disconnections ( with skyco- Apple Tv 4K

I will give my experience with 4.3.2 later

Current results Smart Lock Beta 4.3.2 (Smart Lock pro 4 )

1-Bridge notification work for now (but ( There is a delay in sending notifications ) Please reduce time send or update notifications . ( with only matter or Mqtt and beta 4.2.6 super fast) .
2-Notification Nuki App may work may not work and delay update notifications.
3 - I can’t activate MQTT with Bridge ??

4.3.2 is much worse than 4.3.1. I’ve had the lock appear unavailable in Home Assistant multiple time since I upgraded.

I’ve disabled Matter (reverting to Wifi) to see if it’s any better.

With 4.3.2, today for the first time since 2 weeks, i had a complete MQTT conection loss, and had to powercycle the SL4P.
(Fritzbox7590)
Also, the ActionEvent MQTT topic diasappears on a regular basis.

And… “unavailable” again, this time with Matter disabled, so only Wifi/MQTT:

This mqtt issues should be related to wifi stability.

The 4 non pro version with thread/matter and mqtt works very well, I have 0 drops.

I only have stability issues with “online” enabled.

I have the PRO version (doesn’t feel very PRO, but anyway); I had matter enabled, but was still having stability issues, so I disabled it to test and still have my device go unavailable.

Since three days not a single delay - Seems to be fixed with 4.3.2 :slight_smile:

How you active thread/matter and mqtt for ( smart lock 4 non pro ) According to my information with mqtt you must you have Wifi .or am I wrong?

With matter and nat64 in thread enabled mqtt works, and it is very stable. No online required.

with MQTT over WiFi now not usable anymore.
SL4P with permanent power supply, battery setting: Fast.
4.3.1 worked much better
7590 router with FW7.57 (newest available)

How about battery life now with you
what you mean by No online required

I bought 4 eneloop pro batteries, full charged them at the end of February and still 71% left, so it is like 20%/month.

Where you can activate matter in the app there is the option to set online access or not.

SL4Pro here, Wifi/MQTT, matter disabled for now. Once again, it became unavailable for several hours, until I removed the battery; then it reconnected fine. What’s funny is thatI I’ve noticed that while MQTT is disconnected, Wifi seems to be connected just fine, as I can connect to the lock fine from the Nuki app remotely. VERY frustrated.