Smart Lock 2.0 Door Sensor in 2.7.x Beta

Havng option of immediate auto-lock when door is closed is a pretty basic one and I see no reason why it should be removed. Me & my significant other both always close the door and wait until we hear the lock working. This seems to be a decision that ignores how people are actually using the lock and is taking away established functionality.

I don‘t wait until i hear the lock. Why should i wait for automatic function. Then i can do it myself.

I don’t know if it is the LOCK Software or the APP Software.

The Batterys are weak but the APP Show still OK, but when turning the Key the Battery breaks down.
It Show 5.3v due idle but 3.2v low. so the Key turn won’T compliete.

it would be nice that this should be noticed and send or Show in the app. It only Shows in the protocoll.

The problem is that your batteries report an idle voltage that is very good , while they are already quite empty. Unfortunately there are many different types of Alkaline batteries on the market and it is not possible to have a correct warning for all of them.

Nuki recommends to use Eneloop Pro accumulators for which the battery warning when using rechargeables is optimized. https://nuki.io/en/support/smart-lock/mounting-on-the-door/batteries/

I had the original Batteries installed with was delivered with the Locks.
Now i replaced them with Eneloop Pro’s.

But isn’t it possible measure during the powerconsumtion ?
And take this into Battery “Information” as emty ?

Possible to measure yes, but Alkaline batteries are a little bit like we humans are. E.g. if you lock several times in a row they become “tired” and can fail. If you give them some rest, they will recover and work fine again.

Hi, when do you think the new release is ready?
unfortunately I installed the firmware as soon as the notification arrived but before the explanation of the news arrived on the blog.
Thx

Android beta early next week. iOS will take a little bit longer.

Ok thx but I don’t understand why releasing a beta not yet controlled by the software. Your beta testers are paying customers who expect at least usable beta releases and possibly discover bugs. I am not at all satisfied with the latest developments, since you removed the possibility of locking the door immediately after closing (basic function of the package with sensor) the situation is getting worse

In beta 2.7.8 is still the problem when night mode is closing the door or it is already closed the autolock still try to lock the door again.

Config is with no door sensor!

Just tried to update to 2.7.8
Firmware update timed out and now the lock does not respond anymore.
Tried factory reset multiple times. The lock works for the first locking operation after the reset and then just doesn’t connect anymore.
Has anybody experienced something like this?

Read:

It seems that “Zeitsteuerung” doesn’t safe the lock position so that autolock lry lock it again.

If autolock locks no and when not opened next day “Zeitsteuerung” and autolock doesn’t lock it again.

Read:

The problem is also with 2.6.6 it is present since 2.6.0

Because it’s not problem, it’s a feature and should be like this. E.g. when you execute a timer that locks the door at 21:00 it will drive the key to the locked position, even if it was already (partially) locked manually before.

Ok, but here it is not a timer, it is your night mode (it maybe the same).
So Night mode is turned on and lock the door at 7pm fully.
Due to activated Autolock the Door tries to lock it again at 7:05pm.
Next day when nothing was change no key turn is heard (Lock was not opened).
So what you wrote, it should be turn at 7pm again, regardless if it is open oder closed.
i’m a little bit confused, for me it makes no sense if a fully locked Door is again more locked, it only draw Batterie and make noise.

At the beginning of Night Mode a timer is executed, if the option to lock the door at the beginning of Night Mode is activated. This drives the lock to the 2-times-locked-position.

When Auto-Lock is active too and the lock is already in 2-times-locked-position, there won’t be any motor movement after the Auto-Lock timeout expires (5min). There also won’t be a movement at the beginning of Night Mode if the lock is already in 2-times-locked-position (e.g. because it was locked with an App before).

but i have motor movement (small then it try to lock more) i do hear it

1 Like

I can confirm that it works exactly like that for me

@Juergen do you think it’s possible that its type of locks have a longer or shorter (shorter I think) turn than the standard of the Nuki app? if so could you use the close optimization option?