Pull the door latch during Lock 'n' Go

Product name

Smart Lock 2.0

Summary

Lock ‘n’ Go should optionally be able to pull/hold the door latch.

Features

You should be able to optionally set an amount of time in which during Lock ‘n’ Go the Smart Lock holds the door latch open. Maybe this can also be combined with the door magnet so that the latch gets hold open until the Smart Lock detects that the door is closed again.

Reason

My door latch is very loud when I close the door without the latch being pulled in. This can annoy my neighbours in an apartment building. Therefore when I leave I usually use my key to pull back the door latch in order to close the door silently.

Since a smart lock is about getting rid of the key this seems kinda important. As a workaround I could use the app to open the door and when I left to lock the door. But this seems very cumbersome in comparison to just pressing the button on the Smart Lock.

Examples

When I leave my home I want to trigger this behavior by activating Lock ‘n’ Go via the double press on the button of the Smart Lock.

i think it already does this. in my case at least it does it.
i pulls it for a few good seconds. it might be related to the time set to pull it when it opens the door.
but it always uses the door sensor. once the door is open it releases the latch.
so it seems i was wrong.

The Smart Lock pulls the latch for Lock’n’Go only when the Smart Lock is configured with a knob on the outside AND when the command was sent via an App (BLE). It does never pull the latch when Lock’n’Go is issued via the button (because you are inside and can simply pull down the handle to exit).

With a door sensor the Smart Lock will always release the latch, when the door sensor reports the door to be open (regardless of the configured unlatch time).

In order to achieve what the poster wants (hold the latch until the door is closed), he needs to disable the door sensor and issue the Lock’n’go command through BLE (e.g. with a fob next to the door or an App shortcut).

1 Like

Hi @Juergen ,

Fully support Simon‘s feature request. I have two Nuki 3.0 in two different Appartments and I fully agree with the mentioned use case.

In both my Appartments, the latch it pretty noisy and I would like to close the door in silence.

I have configured „Open Door“ on one press to the button and „Lock n Go“ on the double press.

This works nicely to just leave the door unlocked, but not really if I also want to lock it.

The workaround via app is not very useful as I just want to leave the appartment. It’s also not plausible to have „lock n go“ work differently Between app and button. In my view it should first open the latch in case of a knob outside - as it rightfully does in the app.

It should be a very simple config change allowing to have the „Open Door“ before the „Lock n Go“ command. This is particularly useful when there is a knob outside and not a handle to close silently.

Thanks for considering this simple change. It will make your product even greater and helps a lot of owners.