Opener Mic and Speaker Cables

Hello, what are the two cables Mic and Speaker for in an analog wiring?

Does the opener have a microphone and can it replace the existing microphone on the bell when the cable is connected?

Is it possible to replace the original loudspeaker with the speaker cable?

Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything about it so I hope that you can tell me something about it?

1 Like

This would allow the Opener to listen & talk, but it’s not available in the current firmware.

No, the Opener does not have a microphone and can therefore not replace the existing microphone.

Yes. The Opener can play a sound when somebody rings (but not with the same volume as an external, bigger bell).

Hi Jürgen,

your answers are interesting but not clear. You write hte Opener may listen&talk but you also say that there is no mirophone. Can you please specify?

Very interesting improvements coming up!!

The Opener itself does not have a microphone, but a Smartphone has both a microphone & a loudspeaker and a connection to the Opener …

2 Likes

:+1: :+1:

Hello Jürgen, many thanks for your support.

I’m just about to hook up both. I’m curious if this will work with the loudspeaker because I don’t want to connect the original loudspeaker anymore and only want to have it ringing and ton through the opener.

Edit:
Do I currently have a chance to test the microphone connection?

Hello Jürgen, I need again your advice.

I have connected the red and black cable from the opener to the speaker output of the Gira ring. Where the original speaker was connected. If someone rang the bell, I can’t hear what they’re saying. Shouldn’t the speech sound be output via the opener?

As i wrote above, this is currently not available in the firmware. You can (currently) not replace your intercoms loudspeaker or mic with the Nuki Opener.

Hello Jürgen, thanks for the answer. I have misunderstood you and have assumed that the loudspeaker can already take over the voice output technically/analogue.
Without the firmware being adapted for an app solution.

But after my tests I suspected what you have confirmed today.

But that’s not too bad, I have now everything ready on my Gira bell for a future functional expansion of the opener and look forward to your update sometime.

You say “currently” Will it support listen & talk functionality anytime soon? I’d buy this product for sure if I could use it for listening, talk and open the street door from my attic!

2 Likes

Do you have some updates on it? I’m also trying to find some solution to replace my legacy intercom with some smart solution and I want to have the ability to talk & listen & open the door through my iPhone.

2 Likes

When I first read this I got really excited about the potential upcoming firmware update. Then I noticed that it was announced on 2020 and realized this is quite stall.

Are there any plans to release this feature?

Thanks.

1 Like

Is there any future plans to include Mic and speaker in the configuration?
When I installed my new opener, it ignored these 2 wires.

Are there any updates on the Voice topic?

1 Like

I’m interested too

1 Like

@Juergen Hi Jürgen any news about the intercom Voice Feature?

1 Like

Currently this feature is not available. I can’t share anything about potential future plans as we do not comment about our roadmap here in the forum.

1 Like

Now in 2024 :slight_smile:

Any lights on that feature?

I’m interested too I’m in the same case, I think they will never implement this feature, the best solution is to sell your Nuki Opener and buy a Ring Intercom. I’ve already buy mine, I will install it in replacement of that unfinished product

My problem with Ring is that it doesn’t have local APIs defined… I saw some hacks, but the local APIs for control and callbacks via the Bridge is essential for me :frowning: