Nuki replacement for door bell?

Hi there!
I couldn’t find any clear answer to this, so I hope you guys can help me out before I go ahead and buy a NUKI Smart Lock.

One of the most important use cases for me is replacing the doorbell through Nuki. Meaning, I don’t want my doorbell to ring anymore and only get a notification on my phone if someone is at the door. This is important because my dogs start barking every time someone is at the door (yes, a dog trainer is also an option…).

The question is easy: Is that possible without automatically opening the door through that ‘ring to open’ function all the time?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
David

Hello David,

In general the Nuki Opener supports the bell suppression. I recommend first performing the compatibility check to your given intercom. (Available on Nuki homepage).

Due to the variety of different providers and models a 100% coverage cannot be confirmed.
In special cases the Nuki Opener works without the bell suppression. This will not help in your case with the dogs :-). Which brand and model do you have?
best regards
Marcel

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I’d be open to get rid of the actual speaker of the door bell. What I’m unsure about is, will I get notifications on my phone if someone is ringing the door bell?